PDA

View Full Version : TS Race Report Rnd 2 Nationals 2005

Two Smoker
20th December 2005, 19:56
Hey everyone,

First up huge thanks for Quasi for organising the money to get me down to Manfield, also huge thanks for White Trash getting me some new brake padsand Nicko for transporting myself, Chloe, my gear and bike down to Manfield...

I had to work on Friday so we didnt leave until 3:30pm (Sorry Nicko) So we arrived in Feilding at about 10:30pm.

First Qualifying: I havent raced at Manfield for over 6 months, so I was keen to get out on the track and get back into the flow of it. I went out and was impressed to see that my brakes were once again working with the new Versrah Pads (finally!!!). For once the brake were out-performing me rather than myself out performing them. I felt ok out there, except for the transition from turn 2 into turn 3. The bike was doing a strange weaving when i got onto the brakes before entering turn 3. I ended up with a 1:18.961 putting me 7th on the grid.

Second Qualifying: After having a chat with KK, Milky and Jason Nairn, i made some suspension changes and adjusted my front tyre pressure to try and sort the problem of the weaving into turn 3. I went out and straight away there was an improvement. I came in after about 4 laps due to the rear spinning up quite bad with the old supercorsa on the back... Due to not getting any clean laps and coming in early i didnt get a faster lap down and moved down the grid to 9th place.

Race One: Milky and i got a new rear tyre put on and i had scrubbed it in all ready for race 1. I lined up on the grid, and revved my engine at around 12000rpm. It felt like an eternity, but the marshall waved the red flag, the lights went out, slip the clutch, AND I WAS AWAY!!! WHAT A MINT START, it was one of the best i have done and that kept me in 9th place. The first couple of laps were quite slow and i attatched myself to the back of Geoff Booth and Derek Hill. In lap 3 they started to pull away from me with their power, As that started to happen Chris Bramley highsided on turn 1, moving me upto 8th place. Then in lap 4 it started to spit, and slowly the rain grew heavier. Right time to keep my speed up!!! I started to gain on Derek Hill and Geoff Booth. Mark Weller dropped right off the pace and I passed him to move into 7th place. I was chasing Derek and Geoff down hard, and tried to go around the outside of them at the hairpin, each time i couldnt quite make it stick as they pulled away on the straights... I finished the race in 7th 0.9 seconds behind Derek Hill.

Race 2: My start wasnt as good this time, but it wasnt bad either. Gary Pendleton moved infront of me, I got a good exit of turn 2 and went around the outside of Gary. I then was a bit cheeky and pushed into the inside of him on turn three (I later went over and apologised)... The rest of the race, was basically myself on my own. Geoff was a bit infront of me and Gary abit behind me. It was a bit of a scary race though as the track was wet in some places and dry in others and those patches kept changing with the high temperatures. Jason Easton had a highside out of higgins so i finished the race in 8th place.

Race 3: It was finally dry, and time to go hard. I was in the right state of mind and had finally got back in the flow of the track. My start was good, but once again Gary got infront of me. I went around the outside of him on turn two again, but didnt want to dive under him into turn 3 like last time. Gary had a bit of a moment and his back end slid out. So i went around the outside of him in turn 4. Once again i was circulating by myself and finished in 9th place with consistent 1:19's

All in all i had a great day, improvement for next time: brake later into higgins and coke. Change my gearing (move to a 48 or 49 tooth rear sprocket) and i hope to see low 1:18's maybe even high 1:17's.. Its quite suprising how much of a horsepower track Manfield is.

Once again, big thanks to Chloe for supporting me, and Milky for being my pit bitch (although i htink he enjoyed riding my GSX-R to manfield). Also Quasi, White Trash and Nicko for making it possible for me to race at Manfield...

Hopefully Chloe, Milky and I will be at Wanganui next week!!!

Cheers, Chris

Hambo45
20th December 2005, 20:03
Good work ts :) good luck with the rest of the season

Sketchy_Racer
20th December 2005, 20:09
Yeah dude Go HARD!!! maybe one day i may get to meet you, then Race you ;)

HDTboy
20th December 2005, 20:13
Good write up man, I'd help with money again this week, but can't afford to.

Show the rich bastards how to race on a budget

RiderInBlack
20th December 2005, 20:51
Sweet as TS. Glad we got you there. Hope you have enough for Wanganui (wish I could be there to watch but have too many fu*ken horses to do). Keep the reports coming. Hope some-one got some pic's.