PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wellington ride on Thursday night 11/03

White trash
9th March 2004, 08:22
Anyone want to come for a ride Thursday evening?

Meet outside Wellington Motorcycles at 6:00pm and depart 6:15pm. This will be a fairly short local ride, probably to the top of Paekak hill and back to Lower Hutt as the police are having a PR session for all the boy racers.

Skills handling course that the snakes are trained on, should be a bit of humour. Especialy if they let the bikes have a hoon!

So, whos keen?

White trash
9th March 2004, 08:35
And a few of us are meeting up for a beer and couple of games of pool at The courtenay Arms, Allen St, Wellington on Wednesday (10/03) from about 7:30.

All welcome for a bit of a social :apint:

jimbo600
9th March 2004, 08:53
And a few of us are meeting up for a beer and couple of games of pool at The courtenay Arms, Allen St, Wellington on Wednesday (10/03) from about 7:30.

All welcome for a bit of a social :apint:

Can I come along and be part of your GSXR gang?

I'll be there of course. They keep closing/opening/closing/opening Paekak' hill for repairs. I will let you know the situation on Thur AM.

Also on 14th Mar there is a 1/8 sprint at Paraparaumu airport. It's mostly for cars, but I'm sure they'll let bikes embarrass them.

White trash
9th March 2004, 08:56
Can I come along and be part of your GSXR gang?

I'll be there of course. They keep closing/opening/closing/opening Paekak' hill for repairs. I will let you know the situation on Thur AM.

Also on 14th Mar there is a 1/8 sprint at Paraparaumu airport. It's mostly for cars, but I'm sure they'll let bikes embarrass them.

Not for you, Pal? You haven't forgotten what you're doing on Sunday have you?

Riding a real quick nice handling bike for a change :scooter:

jimbo600
9th March 2004, 09:06
Not for you, Pal? You haven't forgotten what you're doing on Sunday have you?

Riding a real quick nice handling bike for a change :scooter:

I wouldn't pass up on Sunday for anything. I thought I'd mention the sprints for the benefit of other dudes.

White trash
10th March 2004, 07:40
You just want to get the missus all "Bubbly in the gusset" and therefore get you some!

Harley-Davidson. Helping fat ugly blokes get laid since 1903. :2thumbsup

jimbo600
10th March 2004, 11:31
You just want to get the missus all "Bubbly in the gusset" and therefore get you some!

Harley-Davidson. Helping fat ugly blokes get laid since 1903. :2thumbsup

That's about it. Better book a day of for Monday

White trash
10th March 2004, 11:45
Likely to have a groin and wrist strain from wanking when she develops a headache. :Pokey:

With a bloody hair cut like that, I'm suprised you aren't beating them off! What time we meeting tonight?

jimbo600
10th March 2004, 14:05
Likely to have a groin and wrist strain from wanking when she develops a headache. :Pokey:

With a bloody hair cut like that, I'm suprised you aren't beating them off! What time we meeting tonight?

I'll be there about 5:30 onwards. Right after I've had my daily sherman.

Wenier
10th March 2004, 14:50
i might b slack enough to show up at the bar and tomorrow if i can after work come for the ride i will depends when i finish thou :) catch u all sometime

White trash
12th March 2004, 06:39
Thanks for the awesome little ride last night, folks :niceone:

Cycosis, you are a mad mad bastard and we love it :gob: , I don't think I've ever ridden with a faster road rider.

The stunt show was great value and kudos to Luke. Having a go on the FXR150 at a bit of stunting for the first time in front of 12 other hooligans takes some spuds, son! Well done.

Really cool to meet you too, Deano. That SP1 is one awesome looking and sounding bike. Roll on next week!

Deano
12th March 2004, 09:42
Thanks for the awesome little ride last night, folks :niceone:

Cycosis, you are a mad mad bastard and we love it :gob: , I don't think I've ever ridden with a faster road rider.

The stunt show was great value and kudos to Luke. Having a go on the FXR150 at a bit of stunting for the first time in front of 12 other hooligans takes some spuds, son! Well done.

Really cool to meet you too, Deano. That SP1 is one awesome looking and sounding bike. Roll on next week!

Cheers, WT - It was great fun alright. Excellent to have a 'gang' of us on the road at once.

Great to hear your comment about cycosis - I don't feel so bad about not being able to keep up with him now. lol.

Roll on next Thursday !! :soon:

James Deuce
12th March 2004, 09:45
Cheers, WT - It was great fun alright. Excellent to have a 'gang' of us on the road at once.

Great to hear your comment about cycosis - I don't feel so bad about not being able to keep up with him now. lol.

Roll on next Thursday !! :soon:

Deano - you don't live in Maungaraki do you?

Cheers

Jim2

franco
12th March 2004, 09:46
Sorry I couln't make it last nite, too much work. :cry:

Hopefully there next week!:blah:

Deano
12th March 2004, 11:32
Deano - you don't live in Maungaraki do you?

Cheers

Jim2

Now that would be telling wouldn't it ? - (I must take it a bit easier up Dowse Drive in future).

So........do you live up that way as well ?

James Deuce
12th March 2004, 11:37
Now that would be telling wouldn't it ? - (I must take it a bit easier up Dowse Drive in future).

So........do you live up that way as well ?

I live on Dowse Dr.

I run out to to watch you go past my driveway mate - Could you go a bit harder please? :)

White trash
12th March 2004, 13:51
Sorry I couln't make it last nite, too much work. :cry:

Hopefully there next week!:blah:

I wondered where you were! You would've goofed off on the wheelies down an industrial area which shal remain nameless.

10 or 11 bikes lined up at the side of the road. No cars or cops and shere lunacy.
:stoogie: Great stuff!

See ya next week?

riffer
12th March 2004, 14:38
That explains why I didn't see y'all last night. Avoiding the cars at the riverbank was probably a good idea.

Must get over to that industrial area one Thursday night. When the lads decided to head off there last night it was nearly 11 so had to go home to bed ;)

Deano
12th March 2004, 14:39
I live on Dowse Dr.

I run out to to watch you go past my driveway mate - Could you go a bit harder please? :)

Cycosis came out the other week - flat out as usual up Dowse Drive - funny thing - there was a cop sitting on Dowse Drive when he went back down a bit later on (however, decidedly more incognito in his van) - he had a good laugh. But on the serious side - it doesn't pay to shit in your own back yard as you soon get known and targeted......but the temptation is soooooooo hard to resist, especially the first hairpin and esses a bit further up...lol. :whistle:

James Deuce
12th March 2004, 14:47
Cycosis came out the other week - flat out as usual up Dowse Drive - funny thing - there was a cop sitting on Dowse Drive when he went back down a bit later on (however, decidedly more incognito in his van) - he had a good laugh. But on the serious side - it doesn't pay to shit in your own back yard as you soon get known and targeted......but the temptation is soooooooo hard to resist, especially the first hairpin and esses a bit further up...lol. :whistle:

How long have you been up here?

They have a 2-3 year cycle of randomly placing mobile speed cameras up Dowse Dr. Keep your eyes open for parked cars. They tend to sit with the camera facing up hill to get people having fun on the way up, and to catch lazy cars (front plate) rolling down the hill at 70. The blitzes usually happen during the middle part of the year, and we're about due for one.

Watch out for kids on Dowse dr. And Dogs.

Deano
12th March 2004, 15:08
How long have you been up here?

They have a 2-3 year cycle of randomly placing mobile speed cameras up Dowse Dr. Keep your eyes open for parked cars. They tend to sit with the camera facing up hill to get people having fun on the way up, and to catch lazy cars (front plate) rolling down the hill at 70. The blitzes usually happen during the middle part of the year, and we're about due for one.

Watch out for kids on Dowse dr. And Dogs.

Been here 13 months.
There's a white van with tinted windows doing the Hutt rounds, seen him at Pt Howard today, bottom of Korokoro (rest area by recycling bins) earlier this week.
Bad news about 40km/h limits in Wgtn, it feels like you could bail the bike and run faster.

You should come out next Thursday, with White Trash and co - great fun with a good group of guys. Bungbung and Mr Melon too ?? :banana:

White trash
12th March 2004, 15:11
Been here 13 months.
There's a white van with tinted windows doing the Hutt rounds, seen him at Pt Howard today, bottom of Korokoro (rest area by recycling bins) earlier this week.
Bad news about 40km/h limits in Wgtn, it feels like you could bail the bike and run faster.

You should come out next Thursday, with White Trash and co - great fun with a good group of guys. Bungbung and Mr Melon too ?? :banana:

Good group of guys?

Speak for yourself :lol:

James Deuce
12th March 2004, 15:12
Been here 13 months.

Was gonna go last night but I've been crook.

Will go next week if I can get over the guilt feelings of leaving the wife with the rampaging rugrat, and the screaming 4 monther.

White trash
12th March 2004, 15:14
They should be tucked away quite nicely by the time the real shenanagins begin. Mine are :niceone:

Otherwise I wouldn't be alowed out :mad:

bungbung
12th March 2004, 15:22
I'm keen, next thurs is the last night for softball so I'm up for the week after.

James Deuce
12th March 2004, 15:24
They should be tucked away quite nicely by the time the real shenanagins begin. Mine are :niceone:

Bloody show off!!

Bah!! I loathe you organised people.

Bah

White trash
12th March 2004, 15:54
Funnily enough, it's the only night of the week they're in bed on time :msn-wink:

Every other night of the week they're still beating the shit out'a each other at 10pm! Oh the joys of 2 under five year olds..........

But I digress, role on next Thursday :beer:

Ms Piggy
12th March 2004, 16:02
Ummmmmm...do many chicks come to these Thursday night things? Not that I mind the company of men but I was just wondering :rolleyes:

White trash
12th March 2004, 16:14
Ummmmmm...do many chicks come to these Thursday night things? Not that I mind the company of men but I was just wondering :rolleyes:

Yup. I'm not sure of her name but she wears a blue jacket, rides a Honda 250 Jade? Know her?

Ms Piggy
12th March 2004, 16:18
Yup. I'm not sure of her name but she wears a blue jacket, rides a Honda 250 Jade? Know her?

Nope - I've only met 2 female riders so far and haven't been for a proper ride with either of them! I think Mr Melon might have mentioned her though.

White trash
12th March 2004, 16:21
Nope - I've only met 2 female riders so far and haven't been for a proper ride with either of them! I think Mr Melon might have mentioned her though.

Bloody cool chick actually.

How come we've never met? Probably 'cause I'm one of those poser bikers that only rides to cafe's on a Sunday :scooter:

So we'll see you Thursday?

MrMelon
12th March 2004, 16:45
Yeah that's Weazle, she's pretty wicked :D

I've got other shit I've got to be at every thursday till 7:15.. but i could meet up with you guys for a blast after that!

cycosis
12th March 2004, 18:55
cheers to you to guys,If that road was longer i think i would of cummed myself at that conservative speed,it was wicked.W/T your just as sain as me,nice wheelies to you guys something i have to train at,a bit hesitant with the CBR shes my baby..You's out this weekend ?

riffer
12th March 2004, 19:47

That is so true. Depressingly familiar. ;)

Wenier
13th March 2004, 11:15
great ride look forward to it again next week, wut time? Great wheelies and the occasionally endo that were performed anywhere, ill try and get weasel out on the jade if i can get hold of her next time, hope everyone had as much fun as me, hope to see u all out there next thur.

White trash down the motorway wut gear did u pop it up in for ur wheelie? :)

White trash
14th March 2004, 08:00
2nd, then through to 4th at about 210. :sneaky2:

Ms Piggy
14th March 2004, 08:33
Bloody cool chick actually.

How come we've never met? Probably 'cause I'm one of those poser bikers that only rides to cafe's on a Sunday :scooter:

So we'll see you Thursday?

Possibly we've never met b/c I'm not out the Hutt and I haven't been to many rides. :confused: This Thursday??? Hmmmmmm...I shall see how I go. I'm sure I could follow Mr Melon out :ride:

Ms Piggy
14th March 2004, 08:34
Yeah that's Weazle, she's pretty wicked :D

I've got other shit I've got to be at every thursday till 7:15.. but i could meet up with you guys for a blast after that!

Hey Glenn,
Do ya wanna meet up and head out together? Gimme a text.

Cathy :)

White trash
17th March 2004, 06:54
Who wants to have a bit of a hoon tomorrow night then?

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. I'm leaving outside Wellington Motorcycles @ 6:15. If its nice enough, might head to a cafe somewhere for a bite, drink and chat. Then on to ..............The Cunning STUNT SHOW :devil2:

Wenier
17th March 2004, 12:11
Who wants to have a bit of a hoon tomorrow night then?

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. I'm leaving outside Wellington Motorcycles @ 6:15. If its nice enough, might head to a cafe somewhere for a bite, drink and chat. Then on to ..............The Cunning STUNT SHOW :devil2:

Shit yea mate if the weathers good. One thing ill come in early or today cus i couldnt get that rivet link on wit any of our tools here :angry2: so i need it put on, although i put the normal clip one on that morning and went to palmerston north and back jus for kicks. :)

White trash
17th March 2004, 12:42
Actually, I'm thinking of getting a group of like minded individuals together and find a spot to practice road bike stunting. Out of the way so as not to annoy anyone nor on a public road.

Anyone keen?

Wenier
17th March 2004, 14:02
yea id b up for that for the rest of me time in wellington

Deano
17th March 2004, 14:15
Actually, I'm thinking of getting a group of like minded individuals together and find a spot to practice road bike stunting. Out of the way so as not to annoy anyone nor on a public road.

Anyone keen?

Keen as mustard for more of the same as last Thursday's outing - meet you at the same time and place WT ? (Bottom of the hill) Or will you stop off at Cafe somewhere beforehand ?

We should be getting a nice big H over our part of the country tomorrow, so should be all good.

White trash
17th March 2004, 14:27
Well who's got an idea for a destination?

Wenier
17th March 2004, 14:52
sorry dude no ideas for destinations ur on ya own for that one. :(

White trash
17th March 2004, 15:02
So there'll be no winging about where we end up.

Feathers and back should be good for a larf then.

Hey Wenier. You're not chasing me round this site, are you? :innocent:

Deano
17th March 2004, 15:29

Im not fussy - I love both hills, despite the state the are both in at the moment - so I guess I am fussy about the state of the roads, but not which one we take :wacko:

The Takas are still pretty messy at the top (Hutt side at least), where the new seal has been laid. Areas of loose gravel and stones lifted off leaving nice slick patches. Add a bit of diesel and its all good fun really :niceone:

WT - same time as last Thursday, but at Maungaraki lights ??

Im keen to see how you and cycosis go on a different hill :msn-wink:

Wenier
17th March 2004, 15:35

Not tryin to follow ya but yea its workin out that way. U gonna sort my chain for me tomorow if i turn up earlier? I think same hill as last week is probably best with the state of the takas but im up for anything. :)

White trash
17th March 2004, 16:04
OK. We leave Wellington Motorcycles at 6:10. Pick up Deano and "The nutter" Cycosis at around 6:30. Top of Paekak back to "somewhere" for a Latte or whatever. Then down the river for some hooning at about 8:30.

Cool? :apint:

Deano
17th March 2004, 17:49
OK. We leave Wellington Motorcycles at 6:10. Pick up Deano and "The nutter" Cycosis at around 6:30. Top of Paekak back to "somewhere" for a Latte or whatever. Then down the river for some hooning at about 8:30.

Sounds good to me. The Big Chill (central Hutt) or The Lifeboat in Eastbourne will be open for Latte or something a little stronger :apint:

Have you or anyone else been out Coast Road, Wainui at all ?

The 'nutter' likes that road too - its not bad but residents can get a bit aggro :angry2: - only one way in and out too so if they ring the police you're trapped in. :Police: Eastbourne bays road is ok at times but usually full of cagers. :puke:

Wenier
17th March 2004, 18:45
yea thats one awesome road when there aint any gravel on it in the corners. Still alot of fun, see you all there tomorrow :)

jimbo600
17th March 2004, 20:17
Well who's got an idea for a destination?

Well holy jesus guess what. I have to work late tomorrow night and Sat and Sun. So I'll just have to catch up with you homo's later. As for a run how about cruising around the bays and having chow at the chocolate fish cafe. Some good corners etc and some guys on slower bikes can keep up. Failing that let's have a impromptu competition to see who is the fastest up Wainui' hill.

matthewt
17th March 2004, 22:51

I can't make the 6:30 stuff but if you email/pm/post where you decide to stop for the pint I can probably meet you there.

Deano
18th March 2004, 07:28
I can't make the 6:30 stuff but if you email/pm/post where you decide to stop for the pint I can probably meet you there.

Whats the concensus on Big Chill or Lifeboat for refreshments ?

ETA at either of above after a quick hoon would be about 7.30pm ??

Any other suggestions/preferences for a drinks break?

White trash
18th March 2004, 07:38
Great thinking, Deano.

How about Wainui coast and back then Eastbourne for a whatever?

I don't have a preferance for venue as I'm probably not welcome most places

Deano
18th March 2004, 10:56
Great thinking, Deano.

How about Wainui coast and back then Eastbourne for a whatever?

I don't have a preferance for venue as I'm probably not welcome most places

I reckon play it by ear and see what everyone thinks once you have a gang at the scooter centre.

I'd be keen for Paekak and/or Wainui Coast, then Eastbourne if it suits everyone, but either way.........

Just hope the weather forecasters guessed right as it is looking pretty bleak at the moment. :doh:

I haven't heard from cycosis yet but if he's keen we will be in the carpark at the bottom of Maungaraki Hill by 6.20pm - otherwise just me (providing weather is ok of course).

White trash
18th March 2004, 11:07
As a contingincey (christ I'm good at spelling!) plan.

If it's pissing down, or even drizzling. I'll be at ROQM from about 8:30 onwards.
That's Room with a Q for those who can't figure it out. Anyone who wants to join me, look for the skinny fella with a pathetic goatie. Oh thats right, its Lower Hutt. Heaps of them there. I'll make a sign.

ROQM is on High St, L/H side heading North from the plaza on the same block as Cash Converters only at the other end.

If weathers nice, meet at WMCC at 6 or where Deano suggested at 6:20.

Ciao.

White trash
18th March 2004, 14:13
Weather's clearing, folks!

Woohooooooo, I feel a wheelie comin' on! :calm:

Wenier
18th March 2004, 15:25
so is it planned for where we go on ride to

White trash
18th March 2004, 15:46
Leave WMCC at 6:10ish, meet Deano at 6:20. Over to the Wainui coast and back. Down to Lifeboat in Eastbourne.
Back to Lower Hutt to play up.

Deano
19th March 2004, 11:42
Leave WMCC at 6:10ish, meet Deano at 6:20. Over to the Wainui coast and back. Down to Lifeboat in Eastbourne.
Back to Lower Hutt to play up.

Another good Thursday night ride - pity about the flatty on the GSXR thou, but a good lesson to be prepared - for $50 the puncture repair kits are handy, although it continued to leak - maybe should have left glue to set a bit longer before inflating the tyre?

Cycosis was flat out as usual, but I think throwing your tools at him is a bit unfair WT, although it kept him on his toes alright. :lol:

The Lifeboat was good for a quiet?? beer - you can always rely on a half pissed Hog rider for a few smart comments, but seeing as he was heavily outnumbered they were all tongue in cheek, and he got just as good as he gave (Nitro - was that a brand of condom or what ? Nice one Jimbo)

Anyone heading up the Taka's tomorrow (Sat) about lunchtime ? - let us know if you want to hook up.

Wenier
19th March 2004, 12:18
yea great ride pity about some of those events good to see an SP-1 out there fangin it :) see yaz next week

White trash
19th March 2004, 13:44
Another good Thursday night ride - pity about the flatty on the GSXR thou, but a good lesson to be prepared - for $50 the puncture repair kits are handy, although it continued to leak - maybe should have left glue to set a bit longer before inflating the tyre?

Cycosis was flat out as usual, but I think throwing your tools at him is a bit unfair WT, although it kept him on his toes alright. :lol:

The Lifeboat was good for a quiet?? beer - you can always rely on a half pissed Hog rider for a few smart comments, but seeing as he was heavily outnumbered they were all tongue in cheek, and he got just as good as he gave (Nitro - was that a brand of condom or what ? Nice one Jimbo)

Anyone heading up the Taka's tomorrow (Sat) about lunchtime ? - let us know if you want to hook up.

"Night train? Thats a brand of condoms isn't it?" :finger:

It was indeed a good little strop. I really need to get my act together, and plan my weekends better so I can go for a longer cruise?? with you guys.

Drunken Monkey's coming down Easter weekend, that could be a laugh.
I can see the headlines, "GSXR's take over the plannet!" :shifty:

See y'all again soon.

Deano
19th March 2004, 16:18
Night train? Thats a brand of condoms isn't it? :finger

Thats my bad hearing for you....

It was indeed a good little strop. I really need to get my act together, and plan my weekends better so I can go for a longer cruise?? with you guys.

How about Paeroa Battle of Streets next year - me and a few mates stay with a friend I know up there - great weekend, but missed this year due to other committments.

Drunken Monkey's coming down Easter weekend, that could be a laugh.
I can see the headlines, "GSXR's take over the plannet!" :shifty:

Not if Team Honda have anything to do with it... :whistle:

See y'all again soon

How about 12.00pm tomorrow to the top of Taka's or over Paekak and hook up with a mate on the coast ? (rides a hot 900SS).

White trash
19th March 2004, 16:21
How about 12.00pm tomorrow to the top of Taka's or over Paekak and hook up with a mate on the coast ? (rides a hot 900SS).

Work work fucken WORK!

Got the kids for the rest of the weekend too. Maybe next time guys :spudwave:

jimbo600
20th March 2004, 08:28
Work work fucken WORK!

Got the kids for the rest of the weekend too. Maybe next time guys :spudwave:

Baasturd I'm working too. People are going to think that gsxr's only work at night time.

Roll on the next track day.

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 14:07
so where we gonna go this week then guys? :)

White trash
22nd March 2004, 15:23
Not sure. Daylight savings is f*Xked now so somewhere warm where the beer does flow :apint:

Another GSXR joins the ranks too. Mike on the CX enjoyed last week so much he sold it and bought a classic GSXR750F. $950 the jammy prick.

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 17:10
wicked yea dam daylight savings disappearing. Sweet as keep us posted on where to and when so i can be there. :)

jimbo600
22nd March 2004, 17:48
wicked yea dam daylight savings disappearing. Sweet as keep us posted on where to and when so i can be there. :)

How about we go and get written off in town and finish up with a curry. Pommy culture evening.

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 18:13
lol sounds fun see if everyone else is up for it a :)