PDA

View Full Version : what speed

vs04
21st December 2005, 22:00
What speeds do you guys on cruisers ride at.I generally like to ride 100 to 110 kph and enjoy the scenery.I,m not into speed as a bad smash a few years back almost ripped my kneecap of which is a good reminder to keep things realistic.Thats what i like about the triumph owners club,when we do a club ride we sit behind the leader whom we dont pass, we ride in a group format at 100 to 110, arrive safely and come home safely.I,d be interested to read what some of you guys do.Cheers.

Virago
21st December 2005, 22:48
Stand by for all the smartarse comments from the sprotbike fraternity..........

I'm also happy at the 100 to 110k mark. I occasionally crank it up a bit, just to get the heart fluttering, but like you I like to take in the surroundings.

Cruiser riding is just that - cruising. It's a state of mind.

Waylander
21st December 2005, 23:12
Depends on my mood. Usually cruise around 100-125 but have been known to tag 180+ every now and then. Would give more accurate detail of how fast I've been but my speedo isn't marked much higher than that and skeptics refuse to believe my bike has seen near 150Mph.

I'm also happy at the 100 to 110k mark. I occasionally crank it up a bit, just to get the heart fluttering, but like you I like to take in the surroundings.

Cruiser riding is just that - cruising. It's a state of mind.

Did I mention my ass has an IQ of 125 all on it's own? Must be why I'm always talking out of it.

Regards speed and such... horses for courses... if I'm in a chilled out relaxed mood then crusing around, if I'm wired up for a blat then I'll top 50-60kph on the way to work easy!

tracyprier
22nd December 2005, 07:15
"Originally Posted by Virago

Cruiser riding is just that - cruising. It's a state of mind."

Well I'm on a tourer and follow pretty much the same line of thinking. Hell when I'm out in the cuds I like to actually enjoy what I'm riding past.

Plus, frankly I just don't have some high figure entry in my monthly expenses spreadsheet that is titled, "speeding fines"

skelstar
22nd December 2005, 07:42
Im in the $1.10-$1.20 bracket. Its mostly because Im still on my learners (for 13,000kms before the sensibility cops get ansy, you know who you are!) and I really dont want to get caught eh.
But to be honest, if I had a wizz-bang flash sportsbike I dont think id be going much faster when Im crusing. Overtaking stuff is another matter of course.

Hailwood
22nd December 2005, 07:55
I am with the group here....110-120 tops is great...you can see the world go by, smell the countryside, listen to birds...lol..but all jokes aside its a good speed to ride at..not to mention the police seem to leave you alone at 110.....we did a ride around SI in 01 with a big group of bikes, I sat at the back on 110-120 all ride and was never more than 10 minutes behind at any stop and I know I saw so much more of the beautiful scenery than those who flew past at 200+........

Each to their own i guess and I know the sportsbike guys will be of a different mind and thats cool for them.

As a footnote..yes I own a Harley, yes it goes faster than 120kph and yes I wave to all bikers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWALKER
22nd December 2005, 08:01
I like to sit between 110-120, but, depends on what the mood is like, somtimes i will sit between 123-130kn, but dont go above that.

vs04
22nd December 2005, 08:14
Yep. Sport bike riders are in a different place to cruiser riders IMO.I bought my cruiser to do what the name implies, cruise.There,s something about riding along on those clear calm sunny days at a comfortable speed and just taking in whats around you, awesome.Cheers:niceone:

White trash
22nd December 2005, 08:56
Well I managed to give Deano, Jimbo and Tazman a hiding over the Rimitukas on a stock 1450 Superglide in the wet. Average speed wasn't very high though.

V-Rod from Castle point to Masterton glued to the back wheels of Cycosis and Jimbo. Used 13 liters of gas to do 80kms, did $1500 worth of damage to the bike. Average speed was fucken horrendus.

Waylander: Get your hand off your cock. A VRSCA has twice as much horse power as a Virago and they'll only do 140mph. You can't argue with physics son. If you REALLY want to prove your point though, I'm happy to sit behind you on the GSXR and validate your claim one day mate.

Omega1
22nd December 2005, 09:15
I usually cruise between 100k to 12Ok depends who I riding with or what mood In at the time.

Waylander
22nd December 2005, 10:26
If you REALLY want to prove your point though, I'm happy to sit behind you on the GSXR and validate your claim one day mate.
No road here is straight enough for long enough. Takes me a really long time to get up that fast as I said before.

skidz
22nd December 2005, 11:38
Yep,
Most of the time the Roadking sits on about 110-120, but every now and then you do have to blow the cobwebs out. The only problem is when I take it over 160, it's often the wrong time and around the corner is the boy in blue.

I WAVE TO ANYONE ON TWO WHEELS.

Uncle B
22nd December 2005, 11:56
As a footnote..yes I own a Harley, yes it goes faster than 120kph and yes I wave to all bikers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green rep for that man:niceone:

Deano
22nd December 2005, 12:03
Well I managed to give Deano, Jimbo and Tazman a hiding over the Rimitukas on a stock 1450 Superglide in the wet. Average speed wasn't very high though.

Was that the time that no one dared pass you cause your arse end was all over the road ?:Pokey:

BLACKYOSHI1000
22nd December 2005, 14:13
V-Rod from Castle point to Masterton glued to the back wheels of Cycosis and Jimbo. Used 13 liters of gas to do 80kms, did $1500 worth of damage to the bike. Average speed was fucken horrendus.
NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY TO WATCH

Waylander: Get your hand off your cock. A VRSCA has twice as much horse power as a Virago and they'll only do 140mph. You can't argue with physics son. If you REALLY want to prove your point though, I'm happy to sit behind you on the GSXR and validate your claim one day mate.
CAN I COME WATCH THIS :yes: WILL HAVE TO BE A CALM DAY :eyepoke: THE GIXER`S MAY HAVE TROUBLE KEEPIN UP WITH WAYLANDER WITH A HEAD ON BREEZE:bleh:

BLACKYOSHI1000
22nd December 2005, 14:18
No road here is straight enough for long enough. Takes me a really long time to get up that fast as I said before.
FECK MATE YOUD RUN OUTTA GAS BEFORE YA GOT THERE :shifty:
BUT I HAVE A COUPLE OF SKY ROCKET`S THAT WE COULD STRAP TO YA BUTT:ride:

BLACKYOSHI1000
22nd December 2005, 14:19
ARE WE TALKIN ON ONE WHEEL OR TWO :chase:

Scorpygirl
22nd December 2005, 16:27
BUT I HAVE A COUPLE OF SKY ROCKET`S THAT WE COULD STRAP TO YA BUTT:ride:

I have seen those skyrockets (not what you may think either. :blip: ) and man they can move but don't necessarily in the direction you want to go!!! :lol: eh Waylander!!! :slap:

Big Chim
22nd December 2005, 16:32
Im in the $1.10-$1.20 bracket. Its mostly because Im still on my learners.

I'm 100 -110 cause i'm also on my learners and i cant afford the revenue if i get down esp since i am only suppose to be doing 70. Over 120 is 50 over = loss of license

skelstar
22nd December 2005, 16:39
I'm 100 -110 cause i'm also on my learners and i cant afford the revenue if i get down esp since i am only suppose to be doing 70. Over 120 is 50 over = loss of license
Amen to that (obviously). The $1.20 is when Im travelling a long distance (ie Taupo-Wgtn trip recently) and thats only intermittently.

Aside: got stopped by rego-warrant road check and the cop had trouble finding my rego etc. I directed him to the space behind my plate and said 'pretty trick eh?'. He laughed. But more importantly he didnt see my license and wonder why I didnt have an L-Plate.

Big Chim
22nd December 2005, 16:42
Aside: got stopped by rego-warrant road check and the cop had trouble finding my rego etc. I directed him to the space behind my plate and said 'pretty trick eh?'. He laughed. But more importantly he didnt see my license and wonder why I didnt have an L-Plate.

Yeah if you can get away without having to show them your license i think your pretty safe aye but if you get pulled over for speeding, chances are you'll get found out. add no L plate to the bill it gets expensive.

skelstar
22nd December 2005, 16:47
Yeah if you can get away without having to show them your license i think your pretty safe aye but if you get pulled over for speeding, chances are you'll get found out. add no L plate to the bill it gets expensive.
True. And insurance prob wouldnt pay up on a bike without an L-Plate.

Anyone: if I have an accident on one of my rides, please take the l-plate out of my backseat compartment and fit it to my bike. Thank you.

T.I.E
22nd December 2005, 16:56
the sprts bikes just had to get in.

i'm a tour guy, like to cruise 100-120kph it's a nice pace and get to see the scenery.
and sometimes i'm two up.
its a comfortable pace.

i'm trying to avoid the testosterone.
but every now and then blow the cobwebs out.
they are becoming few and far between.

scumdog
22nd December 2005, 22:03
ALWAYS 100kph - how could a dare to do anything more?:msn-wink:

Seriously, I never get too fast, too Scots and would cringe at the thought of good whiskey money being fritterd away on the Govt.:pinch:

The Preacher
27th December 2005, 18:46
Depends on my mood. Usually cruise around 100-125 but have been known to tag 180+ every now and then. Would give more accurate detail of how fast I've been but my speedo isn't marked much higher than that and skeptics refuse to believe my bike has seen near 150Mph.

Preacher rolls around floor thinking his XV1100 can do 241.4016kph :Police:

maddog007
27th December 2005, 19:17
Im happy around the 115 mark to 120kmh. I went for a ride today,& even though i was by myself ,felt that its a waste of time having a sportsbike at this speed.so i felt compelled to open up a bit,was jeting along a 160 for a bit,thinking fuck this is windy,bumpy & i dont feel in control as much as i would like to be.:no:
It was then i decided i want to get a cruiser,I like the old late 70's H/D sportser. I could be like a young new age untattooed (spelling) old school Harley rider.:innocent:

vs04
27th December 2005, 20:05
Im happy around the 115 mark to 120kmh. I went for a ride today,& even though i was by myself ,felt that its a waste of time having a sportsbike at this speed.so i felt compelled to open up a bit,was jeting along a 160 for a bit,thinking fuck this is windy,bumpy & i dont feel in control as much as i would like to be.:no:
It was then i decided i want to get a cruiser,I like the old late 70's H/D sportser. I could be like a young new age untattooed (spelling) old school Harley rider.:innocent:
Now you,re talking:niceone:

Waylander
27th December 2005, 20:08
Preacher rolls around floor thinking his XV1100 can do 241.4016kph :Police:
Yours is stock.:cool:

Darkman
27th December 2005, 20:16
What speeds do you guys on cruisers ride at.I generally like to ride 100 to 110 kph and enjoy the scenery.I,m not into speed as a bad smash a few years back almost ripped my kneecap of which is a good reminder to keep things realistic.Thats what i like about the triumph owners club,when we do a club ride we sit behind the leader whom we dont pass, we ride in a group format at 100 to 110, arrive safely and come home safely.I,d be interested to read what some of you guys do.Cheers.

Wow, I would love to get to ride with a group like that. Everytime I ride with a group, I always seem to loose them after th fist corner when they start thrashing it. I usually like to cruise at about 110-120kms/h on straights and about ,maybe 5-10kms/h over the save indicated corner speeds. Yeah yeah..I know that is slow, but who cares!!

cowboyz
27th December 2005, 20:21
so I allowed to post.

150k to work

105k home.

Go to work at 5am where no one around

come home at 2pm in traffic.

It keeps me entertained

sabbath
29th December 2005, 01:44
done my days on sports bikes breaking land speed records.got onto the harleys and i dnt care what anyone say's ya can't beet a cruser.im happy sittin 100-115 for all the same reasons everyone is saying.when i got my first harley i was supprised to see that all that green blur on side of road was awesome scenery,i've missed seeing all that on the kawaka.cheers.

vs04
29th December 2005, 06:58
done my days on sports bikes breaking land speed records.got onto the harleys and i dnt care what anyone say's ya can't beet a cruser.im happy sittin 100-115 for all the same reasons everyone is saying.when i got my first harley i was supprised to see that all that green blur on side of road was awesome scenery,i've missed seeing all that on the kawaka.cheers.
Just the sort of attitude we,re looking for:2thumbsup

scumdog
29th December 2005, 16:34

But you better learn to be a mechanic too!:laugh:

(But they ARE cool bikes and easy to learn to work on)

Cruisin' is cool:spudbooge :zzzz: :cool: :niceone:

scumdog
29th December 2005, 16:35
Yeah, you're on your bike, ain't that where ya want to be? Why rush to your destination, you'll only have to get off your bike!

Good call dude ( I bet you ain't under 25 years old though!)

BLACKYOSHI1000
29th December 2005, 16:45
THERE WAS A FUZZY FEELING RIDEIN MY 03 FAT BOY( BLACK OFFCOURSE) THEY ARE AWESOME CRUZER`S AND 100 TO 115 IS VERY COMFORTABLE NOT LIKE A GIXA AT ALL :niceone:

maddog007
29th December 2005, 17:59
But you better learn to be a mechanic too!:laugh:

(But they ARE cool bikes and easy to learn to work on)

Cruisin' is cool:spudbooge :zzzz: :cool: :niceone:

Ha ha....I could probably disssemble a complete harley,in the time it takes to do an oil change,pull carbs out & clean,reinstall,& change plugs on my gixer.:eek5:

scumdog
29th December 2005, 18:38
Ha ha....I could probably disssemble a complete harley,in the time it takes to do an oil change,pull carbs out & clean,reinstall,& change plugs on my gixer.:eek5:

AND your GIXER probably depreciate by 28% in the time it took to get the plugs out of it!!
But not the Harley!!

maddog007
29th December 2005, 18:55
AND your GIXER probably depreciate by 28% in the time it took to get the plugs out of it!!
But not the Harley!!

tee hee....& i bet i wouldnt have odd bits left over,thinking WTF:scratch:

scumdog
29th December 2005, 19:28
tee hee....& i bet i wouldnt have odd bits left over,thinking WTF:scratch:

And I bet your GXR would not be able to run with those 'odd bits' left out??
Unlike the H-D!!

sabbath
30th December 2005, 04:03
Yeah, you're on your bike, ain't that where ya want to be? Why rush to your destination, you'll only have to get off your bike!

Good call dude ( I bet you ain't under 25 years old though!)
i hear what your saying mate,ever since i've got on a harley ya cruse and ya dnt want to get off,ya just want to keep going.unlike the kawaka ya had to stop to empty out the back of ya pants hahhah.its a whole differient sceen on the hog and i'll never turn back.dnt get me wrong either when i say that i include all cruiser bikes!thats just my preference,if you own a crusier your into the same thing.and yip your right mate i've survived the 20's lol f..k know's how,but im still breathing.sorry for rabbiting on had a few lol.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.:scooter:

SlashWylde
30th December 2005, 21:41
It all depends on conditions and what I'm out for. If I'm touring I want to see the countryside so keep it between $0.90 to $1.10. If its a real thrash I want could be $1.60 to $1.80.

I'm thinkin for my next bike I'll need to get a Sporty or a power cruiser. I love my VN but I ride like a sprot biker when I go for a thrash and she's a bit of a tubby bitch for that sort of riding.

Virago
30th December 2005, 21:55
It all depends on conditions and what I'm out for. If I'm touring I want to see the countryside so keep it between $0.90 to $1.10. If its a real thrash I want could be $1.60 to $1.80.

I'm thinkin for my next bike I'll need to get a Sporty or a power cruiser. I love my VN but I ride like a sprot biker when I go for a thrash and she's a bit of a tubby bitch for that sort of riding.
So you're the biking equivilant of AC/DC - you go "both ways"?:rolleyes:

Waylander
30th December 2005, 22:00
Lol do what I'm gonna do Slash, keep the VN and get a sportbike aswell.

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 10:18
Well I aint got a cruiser BUT a dude up the road has this FUCKEN HOT black HD 1500cc Turbo custom THING, man its hot! He keeps threatening to let me take it for a blat! YES PLEASE!

SlashWylde
1st January 2006, 13:44
Lol do what I'm gonna do Slash, keep the VN and get a sportbike aswell.

Heh, yeah, that's prolly what it's gonna come to...

Waylander
1st January 2006, 14:55
Heh, yeah, that's prolly what it's gonna come to...
Then we can laugh as Allun realizes the only thing keeping us (or rather me) behind him on rides is our (or rather my) bikes, lol.