PDA

View Full Version : Ok i know you all hate mini choppers so heres your chance to make one better!

skidMark
21st December 2005, 23:13
ok my frame shit itself on my mini chopper

your mission should you choose to accept it

...come up with some ideas to make it better than a standard mini chopper ....

and see if you can make it better.

I really only want to do different frame shape and things though, as the wheels and everything i have now id like to not change

bacause that will just hike up the cost of this so start drawing away in apint or photoshop for me if you want to help and we will try create some sort of combo...

but it must be softail

and i have bought the tubing already

25mm round tube 2.5mm wall

and.... 35 mm round tube 2.5mm wall

anybody have nothing better to do?.

ive got some ideas but would be great to see what ideas you can put forward to make mini choppers better.

Cheers: MA

Waylander
21st December 2005, 23:17
Have them not be so damn small and perhaps put a real motor in it instead of an underpowerd weed-trimer. Good luck trying to make it soft-tail. Havn't seen one yet that had any suspension whatsoever that was actually worth a damn.

skidMark
21st December 2005, 23:21
changing frame...thats it lol and dad knows all about suspention so itll be a decent design unlike the factory garbage.

Waylander
21st December 2005, 23:23
As long as the tubing for the frameis heftier than the normal crap they put on them and the welds are done properly instead of by a pack of monkeys, you should be allright. Just make sure everything is straight and get it pressure tested or whatever they do to test frames here.

skidMark
21st December 2005, 23:25
doesnt need any certification lol it's a moped

Waylander
21st December 2005, 23:26
Your skin mate.

skidMark
21st December 2005, 23:28
lol dads a good welder trust me... i aint gunna make it all dodgy i don't wanna end up as part of the tarseal

Ok i know you all hate mini choppers

No? Really? I mean it's not like it's not a proper bike or anything... or that you actually need ninja biker skills to ride one ;)

ive got some ideas but would be great to see what ideas you can put forward to make mini choppers better.

No offense mate, but sell it. Get a proper bike, something that has your ass more than two inches from the ground.

I could understanding pissing around on those choppers down by the beach or something, but seeing them around town and on dual-carriageways is nuts.

Whatever floats your boat mate, but don't come running to me when you've got no legs, those buses can be mighty dangerous when they can't see you :crazy:

texmo
22nd December 2005, 00:12
Get the mini-chopper throw it in a bin. There now you have done everyone a favour...

Or, Put a husky 125 2stroke motor in it

texmo
22nd December 2005, 00:13
Whatever floats your boat mate, but don't come running to me when you've got no legs, those buses can be mighty dangerous when they can't see you :crazy:
Mark has already had an "incident" with a bus...

skidMark
22nd December 2005, 16:05
Oh dear what have i started....frame broke...i was just wondering some good ideas for shapes and that...i aint just gunna biff it you say it needs a higher seat then please figure out a way to have a higher seat and more visibility ...but i only have a 10 inch wheel for it and i aint gunna go out and buy all sorts of new parts when it only needs a frame.

i want to spend as little money as possibe for it because im trying to build up some dosh for a big bike.

Oh dear what have i started....frame broke...i was just wondering some good ideas for shapes and that...i aint just gunna biff it you say it needs a higher seat then please figure out a way to have a higher seat and more visibility ...but i only have a 10 inch wheel for it and i aint gunna go out and buy all sorts of new parts when it only needs a frame.

i want to spend as little money as possibe for it because im trying to build up some dosh for a big bike.

Why not sell the bits and put the money towards a bigger bike?

skidMark
22nd December 2005, 19:08
Why not sell the bits and put the money towards a bigger bike?

Worth more to me to keep it really....and i just bought the steel lol

Colapop
22nd December 2005, 19:51
You must post pics and design stuff (pics drawings whatever).
If it's a mini chopper can it be virtually scaled down from a big one? I can't say I know shit about it but there are enough big uns' out there to get the frame sorted good.

Waylander
22nd December 2005, 22:58
These might help you out.
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/old_school_chopper_frame.htm
http://garagechoppers.com/archives-Chopperfreak.shtml
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/

Just scale it down to fit the crappa:whistle:

And have a read through some of these.

http://64.172.168.34/discus/messages/2/2.html?1135247366

The Pastor
14th April 2006, 09:33
I have a secret to admit, I bought a mini chopper and I do not reconmend them for road use. They vibrate so much that all the nuts and bolts (and I mean ALL of them) come lose. Cheaply made, over priced. Death machine. MY one did pull 90 on the motorway though hehe. But, make the frame a bit bigger, fit a 250 and have sum fun, Its been done a bit in the states (but they build the mini chopper from scratch). You can get the mini chopper to fit a big 250 and weigh just over 100kgs I think. Make sure you get better bolts/nuts first thing though.

Badcat
14th April 2006, 10:16
yeah - you've just re-invented the GN250.