PDA

View Full Version : Another race bike for sale!

White trash
9th March 2004, 15:03
Another of my guys is also selling his race bike. This is an awesome package and would suit someone wishing to be quite competitive in F3 at Club level.

Bike is a 1992 RGV250. Actually, it's a full running race bike with TWO mostly complete bikes for spares. This machine has had countless hours of tuning and fettling to make it easily as quick as a 400cc multi.

It has not been used in anger for almost 2 years but is regularly ridden on some quiet Wellington back roads (ahem)

It had a ground up rebuild when converted to a race bike including brand new crank, barrells (expertly ported), pistons, the works. It has raised port timing and higher compression than standard and is an absolute jet. A specialy designed "ram air" intake has been run on this bike but it currently runs stock airbox. Very easy to convert back.

This machine is really well suited to someone with a good mechanical aptitude as highly strung 2 strokes need constant tuning to get the best from them. Heaps of new and used parts go with these bikes and one could be converted back to road use.

Price is a meager $3500 for the lot. They go as a set, no enquiries for #195 main jets or other such crap. 3 bikes for $3500. Bloody bargain!

As usual PM or e-mail me and I'll post a pic of the bike as soon as Craig gets it to me. :soon:

Motoracer
9th March 2004, 15:45
You should be doing this on commision basis :D

White trash
9th March 2004, 16:13
Nah mate! I just like looking after up and coming young racers :niceone:

What a crock of shit! They're good mates and they're always busy, so I help where I can. I get free passes to races to crew for the and they let me ride their bikes.

What goes around comes around :beer:

wkid_one
9th March 2004, 16:57
I'm interested - pm me more details

White trash
31st March 2004, 08:02
Sorry for the delay to those who've been waiting.

A couple of quick shots of the bike. The one behind is the 3/4 spare machine and there is a complete 3rd bike with all road gear attached that could be registered with a little tidying. $3500 the lot is a bloody steal.

Eddieb
2nd April 2004, 11:45
Always wanted to put a DR650 or similiar in a RGV 'm' or 'n' chassis, 1 project at a time might be enough though as I don't have a lot of room. Shame the spare with road gear bike would have been ideal.

Eddie