PDA

View Full Version : New bike - ZXR 250C

Potzman
22nd December 2005, 14:29
Just picked up my new bike yesterday, its a mint 92 ZXR 250C.

I have had a KR 150 for about 5 months now on which I learnt to ride, it really was the best bike to learn on, very easy to ride and forgiving whilst teaching me how to maintain bikes and to make the best use of gears and slim tyres. some of you may have seen me out and about on the rides with the little 150 having a blast in the corners.

The ZXR is a whole new level, i never knew what torque was until I rode this bike and the smooth ride the extra weight and good suspension makes is awesome!
It really is a much more comfortable bike to ride when doing longer trips. the power whilst not arm wrenching certainly is fun and you cant beat the 19000rpm houl.:2thumbsup

I will miss the powerband on the 150 and nimblness of it but I'm sure that I will get the hang of riding the ZXR soon enough and be able to carve up again.

If anybody is in the market for a mint little 150 to start out on then give me a yell, i will probably put her on the market early next year.

MidnightMike
22nd December 2005, 14:34
Have you got any pics of the Kr? :Pokey:

zadok
22nd December 2005, 14:44
Onya mate. Sounds nice. Don't forget some pics.

texmo
22nd December 2005, 14:50
Congrats on the new bike bro

Potzman
22nd December 2005, 14:51
Pics of the KR, its the silver bike (76WPD) in these pics from a ride around coromandal. I can send you some others via email, PM me.

Sure do, its the silver bike (76WPD) in these pics from a ride around coromandal. I can send you some others via email, PM me.

Ah... that was you at the pub then.

Nice bike that... quite nippy for a 150... couldn't catch me thou :motu:

Potzman
22nd December 2005, 14:55
Here is a few small pics of the ZXR

zadok
22nd December 2005, 14:57
Hmm. Does look mint. Very nice.

Here is a few small pics of the ZXR

Looks good mate, see you out on the next run eh?

Potzman
22nd December 2005, 15:00
Ah... that was you at the pub then.

Nice bike that... quite nippy for a 150... couldn't catch me thou :motu:

Yeah I must admit it was a bit embarasing passing you down a long straight all hunched in behind my windsheild, throttle wide open bouncing of the rev limiter only to have you casually cruise past then leave me in the dust, think I made up for it in the tight stuff tho :second:

Sketchy_Racer
22nd December 2005, 15:01
hmmph lucky bastard,

good on ya mate :niceone: !!

Potzman
22nd December 2005, 15:02
Looks good mate, see you out on the next run eh?

For sure weasel!
Hows that bike of yours lookin? got that peg sorted?

TONO
22nd December 2005, 15:09
[QUOTE=Potzman]Just picked up my new bike yesterday, its a mint 92 ZXR 250C.

Congratulations, :rockon: and good luck with the new bike, no doubt we will catch you on the next Coro ride in the New Year, well maybe we won't with all that extra cc's and power.:2thumbsup
Have to take another pic of the new bike now.:blip:

TC

Gremlin
22nd December 2005, 15:42
congrats on the new bike mate.

Another to give the big bikes a run for their money. Glad you didn't get any 'orrible cbr either :first:

For sure weasel!
Hows that bike of yours lookin? got that peg sorted?

Peg is sorted, just need an indicator and she's good to go.

Getting around to sorting out the fairings when I've got time.

nicmotors
23rd December 2005, 08:43
Hey nice to see that you are moving up in the world the new bike looks really tidy, i remember you were looking for a Balius... no luck aye or change of mind... tho i think the engine is very similar... we shud head for a ride sometime in the new year...

nicmotors
23rd December 2005, 08:44
oh yeah you had better update your profile, it still says you ride the 150!!!

rc_36_rider
23rd December 2005, 08:59
hay
good shit on the new bike should be a bit more fun then the kr just rember with the zxrs they use a bit of oil when you give them shit no matter how tight the engine is so make sure you to up the oil to full befor any long ride and cheek it weekly whilst comuting also they are very reliable but if you ride around at 19 grand all the time they have a tendancy to fuck cranks so i recomend to all my customers to try keep the revs below 16 as much as possible and it defanitly pays to run a fully synthetic 50 weight oil if you keep this in mind they are a fun reliable bike.
have fun and dont forget to watch out for all the idiots out there in cages .:ar15:

Leong
23rd December 2005, 09:17
Congrats on the new bike... think I met you on my first KB ride (Yoshi's Mystery Ride), and you were quick thru the twisty stuff then. Tried to follow your lines, but couldn't keep up!! LOL.

Hope the weather improves SOON!!

Str8 Jacket
23rd December 2005, 10:14
Pics of the KR, its the silver bike (76WPD) in these pics from a ride around coromandal. I can send you some others via email, PM me.

Nice! That looks alot like mine (KR150f) would look without the green.... Ive been thinking about re-painting my bike next year, really liked the idea of silver but wasn't too sure how it'd look. Nice.

bungbung
23rd December 2005, 10:31
The ZXR is a whole new level, i never knew what torque was until I rode this bike

You still don't know what torque is :)

ZXR250s don't have any, that's why you need 19,000rpm

Nice bike

Sketchy_Racer
23rd December 2005, 14:15
ride a harley.... then youll know what torque is ;) :yes:

rc_36_rider
23rd December 2005, 14:24
ride a rocket three then you can laugh at hardlys and have more torque and style:banana:

Potzman
23rd December 2005, 15:34
Thanks for the good points on the oil RC Rider!:2thumbsup

Nic, yeah I gave up on the Balius idea, there was none around that I liked, I recon this ZXR probably has better suspension and ride anyway.
Hows your bike going??
I still ride the KR as well, find it so much fun! dont think I can bring myself to sell it as it is such a mint bike.

Potzman
23rd December 2005, 15:39
I agree, the weather is shite!:argh:

Heading home to Whangamata tonight but I might have to come back tomorrow to swap car with bike so I can spend every fine day out on thos lovely coro roads.... mmmmm corners:love:

flash
23rd December 2005, 16:47
ride a harley.... then youll know what torque is ;) :yes:

why not try a Y2K (Y@K)?, now thats real toruqe ;):2thumbsup