PDA

View Full Version : give way situation.

sunhuntin
22nd December 2005, 15:53
ok, so can anyone tell me the answer to my question?

i was sitting on a giveway yesterday turning right, with a woman in a car waiting to turn right on one of those arrow in the middle of the road things. since i was on a giveway, obviously, i had to wait for her to go before i could. she let several large gaps go, in which we both could have moved safely. i finally saw her indicating for me to go with her head. i refused and did the same back. she went and then i did.

can anyone tell me, had i have taken up her offer to go first and been seen by a cop, would they have taken any action despite the fact i had her permission to go? just puzzling me now that i think about it.

cheers:not:

digsaw
22nd December 2005, 16:00
umm,I think yar did good :spudflip:

onearmedbandit
22nd December 2005, 16:08
Ask yourself this. Someone gives you permission to break a law or commit an infringement, does this mean if the police catch you you will not be charged. Quite possibly the officer would understand and allow you on your way, but if they wanted to I'm sure they could charge you. Especially if they saw you commiting an earlier offence, ie speeding or failure to stop at a stop sign.

Gremlin
22nd December 2005, 16:09
Ok, so if you are red, they are blue, I think you did fine...

admire my outstanding paint skills :killingme

sunhuntin
22nd December 2005, 16:15
digsaw, onearmedbandit and gremlin. thanks for your replys. cheers for helping me out. think the only time id do something like that if there was a massive backlog of traffic and someone let me through out of generosity. many thanks!!:niceone:

gremlin.....you did what i couldnt in terms of paint! thanks heaps!! :niceone:

Ok, so if you are red, they are blue, I think you did fine...

admire my outstanding paint skills :killingme

Ahhh... that's sooo adorable. :baby:

Your mummy must love you very much. :rofl:

Gremlin
22nd December 2005, 16:22
Ahhh... that's sooo adorable. :baby:

Your mummy must love you very much. :rofl:
see this

gremlin.....you did what i couldnt in terms of paint! thanks heaps!! :niceone:
:bleh:

there are some that are helpful, then there are others that just get in the way :eyepoke:

Skyryder
23rd December 2005, 06:38
ok, so can anyone tell me the answer to my question?

i was sitting on a giveway yesterday turning right, with a woman in a car waiting to turn right on one of those arrow in the middle of the road things. since i was on a giveway, obviously, i had to wait for her to go before i could. she let several large gaps go, in which we both could have moved safely. i finally saw her indicating for me to go with her head. i refused and did the same back. she went and then i did.

can anyone tell me, had i have taken up her offer to go first and been seen by a cop, would they have taken any action despite the fact i had her permission to go? just puzzling me now that i think about it.

cheers:not:

Well if you had taken her advice and moved and the woman had changed her mind as is their wont, no prizes as to who (rymes with you) would be in the wrong.

She meant well and showed some courtesy but in situations as you have described I tend to let those who have the right of way......the right of way.

Skyryder

sunhuntin
23rd December 2005, 15:52
cheers skyryder. thats kinda what i was thinking...so unless the traffic was backed up past the lights and i was let through ill let those who should be moving move.