PDA

View Full Version : KB Trackday 3 Possibly late march 06

FROSTY
22nd December 2005, 22:36
The Great KB Track Day.
SUNDAY Late in march I hope
TAUPO RACEWAY, TAUPO

PLEASE NOOONE DEPOSIT MONEY YET -I NEED TO CONFIRM A DATE AND WONT BE ABLE TO UNTILL NEW YEAR

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe fun environment. 4 speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 4 SEPERATE groups.

Numbers will be strictly limited to 70 people to ensure a safe environment.

Watch for baby bikie waving to ya. I’m planning on having some experienced KBers to act as instructors/mechanical tutors during the day. Lunch will be provided (subway) as part of the entry and hot tea/coffee and cold drinks will be available all day. A ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be marshals in RT contact around the track.

I'll be out there with you from time to time watching all the fun and offering what help I can. We have loos and power and running water. Payment of a $20 non refundable deposit secures you a place. Numbers will be strictly limited on a first come first served basis. All the details are in the 3 posts following
I will be using trained marshals during the day.
SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LETS ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY

]-I can be contacted on 0210354615 or (09) 8322557 a/h or 4456236
tfrost@xtra.co.nz

FROSTY
22nd December 2005, 22:37
Pricing/payment details/confirmed attending.
PLEASE DO NOT PAY ANYTHING TILL A DATE IS CONFIRMED
Pricing for trackday
Im offering a price incentive to pay in full in advance for track day
The price includes lunch.
The deal is
pay In full in advance $ per person
Deposit and balance on the day $ per person.
Spectators Free

The Bank account for payment is
02 0152 0035747 066
Please note -This is NON refundable.
PLEASE OH PLEASE -PUT YOUR KB NAME ON THE DEPOSIT as well as noteing it is Kb track day -ITS A NIGHTMARE SORTING OUT WHO IS WHO.
please also--it takes 2 working days for money to show up -blooody banks

FROSTY
22nd December 2005, 22:37
Timetable/rules/bike- gear scrutineering for track day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry to sound like a right mr Hitler here but please read through this carefully.
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
1) Bike setup/gear setup.
ANY BIKE going on the track will be scrutineered.
basicly bike needs to be able to pass a WOF but below are some specifics.
No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road bikes.
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.
headlights will be checked and GLASS headlights to be taped up.
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.
No open tube ends on handlebars.
Brakes to work prpperly front and rear.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speeedo. .
Riding gear-A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
WE HAVE COVERED THE HELMET THING OFF BEFORE--SCRATCHES ARE OK DAMAGE TO THE HELMET STRUCTURE ARENT--IF IN DOUBT SHOW A MORE EXPERIENCED kbER
gloves,bike boots,cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece.
THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
-Blown fork seals (oil not running down the fork leg) ,worn swing arm bearings and similar may not stop you getting on the track -BUT as a couple of members have discovered it really mucks up your handling and spoils your enjoyment of the day.Its a great excuse to get those niggly little issues sorted.
-2 Rules for the day
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 should the front or back wheel come off the ground by "accident" make sure noones around you when you're doing it.
5 slow group riders are only to pass on the back straight before the braking cones (BEING REVIEWED)
6 Touring group riders -no passing between hairpin and the right hander.-cones will be out to mark these points.
7 Fast group ref rule 3 also first session overtaking on the outside except on the straight --for first session.
8 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere IMMEDIATELY slow to a cruising pace , pull into the pits straight away via the pits exit -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
9 If a slower rider is holding you up either rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
10 when leaving the track hold your left hand up to let other riders know.
11 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.
12)dont look back
13) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
14) There is a ZERO tollerance for alchohol during the day.save the booze till end of day
150 a 2 minute hooter will sound for 2 minutes till end of session-please be ready for your session
14--HAVE FUN-- LOTS N LOTS OF FUN

If you disobey these rules for first offence you may miss your next session and be a flag marshal at lunch time.
Second offence and potentially thats ya day finished.

Blatantly dangerous riding or riding under the influence of Alchohol or non medicinal drugs will not be allowed. Zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
Again guys N gals I really want one and all to have a good time so these rules are to protect us all.

Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by marshalls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) and there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety

Track day timetable
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money and sighn the indemnity form.also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike and be wearing all ya gear.

Ill be sorting the groups as we do the scrutineering.
9.00am marshalls brief--
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photograhers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -everybody taken on a SLOW -read VERY SLOW 2 lap session on the track.during this session all flags will be waved at all marshal pionts-please note their location I would like to make this a bit of a photo session so I wanna keep it dead slow
9.40 -trackday novices out on the track./6 lap familiarisation session-decide speed groups
9.45-12.30 -- track sessions
12.30-1.00pm Lunch break
1.00 Very short rebriefing. please be there it may be important to YOU
1.00 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30 --4.45 --wheelie session
4.45---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
5.00--barby and beer time

FROSTY
22nd December 2005, 22:38
menu for track day

Subway footlong subs will be supplied for trackday
ALL ARE FOOTLONG SUBS
. All Subs include:
Cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, gherkins, capsicums.
The correct condiment will be placed on each sandwich.

NAME:1 Ham
2 Turkey
3 R/Beef
4 Tuna
5 Seafood
6 Vege

Also when the food is delivered subway will have Cookies for sale @ 60 cents each or 3 for $1.50. Also they will have bottled drinks for $2.50 each. No need to pre-order these they will be available on the day!!

Fill in the box with your choice of roll and the food will be delivered at lunchtime for you.

Any spectators or riders wanting to buy extra subs can do so AFTER scrutineering till10.30 ish

FROSTY
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I've been using
They are in Tonga st Taupo which is just off spa road -The road to the track The place is really nice and the people are both bikers.

The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.
Cabins -you supply your own bedding no cooking facilities and the loos are across the yard -4 per cabin
Im getting a special rate of $40 per person per night in the motel units and
$20 per person per night in the cabin.
If you want a bed pay/contact me Ill keep a log of names who have booked/paid for beds.

FROSTY
filllerrrrrrrrrrrr

boomer
22nd December 2005, 22:43
i'm game.. and stupid.. show me the bank details and i'll show you the money :not:

I'd be interested in this as well I reckon... just waiting for prices etc... to be filled out.

loosebruce
22nd December 2005, 23:53
only 15mins for the wheelie session, com'on mate ya taking the piss, should be half the day if you ask me, god knows i need the practice.

bugjuice
23rd December 2005, 00:02
you need the practice?!?!?!?
you need to show me mate!

erik
23rd December 2005, 00:17
Cabins -you supply your own bedding no cooking facilities and the loos are across the yard -4 per cabin
For the cabins, you can hire bedding for $5. Saves having to lug a sleeping bag down on the back of your bike if you are riding down.

skelstar
23rd December 2005, 07:42
Im keen as. Waiting for pricing/confirmation and ill be depositing like a madman (sounds dodge).

k14
23rd December 2005, 08:56
So any word as to whether or not it will be on the new track?

HDTboy
23rd December 2005, 09:15
I'm in, just want to be on a bigger bike by then

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 09:58
POO's is cumming....

Goblin
23rd December 2005, 10:05
POO's is cumming....
UH OH! Try not to make a mess on the keyboard eh...

skelstar Im keen as. Waiting for pricing/confirmation and ill be depositing like a madman (sounds dodge).
Not as dodgey as Poo's cumming...

texmo
23rd December 2005, 10:09
My racing scooter should be up and running by then.

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 10:15
UH OH! Try not to make a mess on the keyboard eh...

skelstar Im keen as. Waiting for pricing/confirmation and ill be depositing like a madman (sounds dodge).
Not as dodgey as Poo's cumming...

its not dodgy....its a natural thing...:whistle:

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 10:18
My racing scooter should be up and running by then.

piss off... :ar15: :scooter:

boomer
23rd December 2005, 10:30
piss off... :ar15: :scooter:

you'll prolly need to turn those smileys around.. so texmo's scooter is pointing ahead of you... cos unless you ride like Rossi he'll woop your ass even on his liddle lambretta:shake:

Postie
23rd December 2005, 10:47
i'm mustard, i'm on track for sure

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 11:31
you'll prolly need to turn those smileys around.. so texmo's scooter is pointing ahead of you... cos unless you ride like Rossi he'll woop your ass even on his liddle lambretta:shake:

ask tex how i ride......he knows

Are you coming boomer??? be good to meet the ledgend himself!!!

emaN
23rd December 2005, 11:38
I'm in this time!!!!!!!!!
knock off soon, and don't have much PC access other than work... BUT I DON'T WANNA MISS OUT!!!
Frosty,I'll PM you....i know you must be getting dozens already, but i wants to be there next time!

flash
23rd December 2005, 12:09
i have to be there!!!!!!!!!!!, please reserve a place, please frosty, i beg of you :innocent: :drinknsin :not: :not:

texmo
23rd December 2005, 12:18

Very slowly

boomer
23rd December 2005, 12:30

Are you coming boomer??? be good to meet the ledgend himself!!!

i think you've already met the legend but yeah i'll be there trusty stead and all :wari: ready for some lessons to progress from Nanna to mumma

BLACKYOSHI1000
23rd December 2005, 13:05
i think you've already met the legend
YEAH HE`S MEET ME :finger: but yeah i'll be there trusty stead and all :wari: ready for some lessons to progress from Nanna to mumma

MORE LIKE WHO`S YA DADDY :nya:

sels1
23rd December 2005, 13:15
Definitly interested but too soon to commit - March very busy time and will need check dates

BLACKYOSHI1000
23rd December 2005, 13:25
IM IN AS I SAID ON THE OTHER THREAD :eyepoke:
JUST WANA MAKE SURE YA GOT ME NAME THERE :2thumbsup

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 14:02
i think you've already met the legend but yeah i'll be there trusty stead and all :wari: ready for some lessons to progress from Nanna to mumma

when did i meet you boomie...were you there on sunday?

Mental Trousers
23rd December 2005, 16:47
I'm there.

Frosty, I would've thought a larger track would hold more people without tripping over each other. Much chance of upping the number of people?

FROSTY
23rd December 2005, 17:21
please guys hold ya horses--no deposits until i know what track and when we can have it

please guys hold ya horses--no deposits until i know what track and when we can have it

No worries man... I'm sure you'll post up when it's sorted. :niceone:

boomer
23rd December 2005, 17:48
when did i meet you boomie...were you there on sunday?

we haven't met mate; i'm no legend.. but there were plenty of true KB legends there on sunday.

we'll meet the next track day; im the super fly fast guy on the black RR :whistle:

poorbastard
23rd December 2005, 19:10
F*%K uni and work. Im in for another track day

cowpoos
23rd December 2005, 19:49
im the super fly fast guy on the black RR :whistle:

lol....you tryin to talk hip there young fulla....lmao...keep it up..its humourous....:whistle:

DEATH_INC.
26th December 2005, 22:55
We'll be in again too,can't wait:wari: