PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle tracking in the UK

limbimtimwim
23rd December 2005, 10:51
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/transport/article334686.ece

Though it has been possible in London for some time, and a manual process on roads with cameras. The brits have decided to track all vehicles everywhere automatically.

I imagine lots of peoples plates are simply going to 'fall off'. Officer.

SPman
23rd December 2005, 11:29
But - if you've got nothing to hide..........!!!
Its all for the good of the community and society..........!!

Its all a bit fuckin scary!!

Lou Girardin
23rd December 2005, 13:59
Check the overhead gantry's at Gillies off-ramp.

Fordy
23rd December 2005, 18:30
'UK civil service', 'new computer system' and 'great success' don't normally get put together. Passport office, benefits & pensions, CSA... a shocking infringement on civil liberties, if it works.

Clockwork
24th December 2005, 06:13
Shocking stuff.

Lets hope they never get a "Hitler or Sadam" in power because he will have all the trappings of a Police State already in place!

Skyryder
27th December 2005, 06:53
Did no one remind the the Brits that the terroists could use public transport to defeat these measures. Thought with the bus bombing this would have been obvious.

Skyryder

Ixion
27th December 2005, 10:00
Easy solved. Most modern public transport systems have some variant of electronic ticketing. So you just have a law that to obtain a ticket you have to scan your ID card. And have a face recognition camera check your image against the ID card image (the one from the master databank, not the one on the card). Don't match, or the person is on "the list" - bingo

Lou Girardin
28th December 2005, 07:14
Shocking stuff.

Lets hope they never get a "Hitler or Sadam" in power because he will have all the trappings of a Police State already in place!

You think they'll be worse than Bush, Blair, Howard and Clark?
At least as far as civil liberties go.

Clockwork
29th December 2005, 07:09
Errrr Yes! I think "Civil Liberties" would be the least of your worries.

Lou Girardin
29th December 2005, 07:13
Errrr Yes! I think "Civil Liberties" would be the least of your worries.

Aryan Germans and Sunni Iraqis had it sweet under those two gentlemen. It's only when you are outside the "mainstream" that you'd need to worry.
See, it does pay to be part of Brash's "mainstream" at times.

inlinefour
30th December 2005, 02:41
Hopefully it will only be for new vehicles? If thats the case then I'm happy I've got a wee collection allready:scooter:

DEATH_INC.
30th December 2005, 03:46
I'm sure it won't take the electronics guru's long to find a countermeasure.....

inlinefour
30th December 2005, 04:45
I'm sure it won't take the electronics guru's long to find a countermeasure.....

There are some of us that are counting on that:blink:

Clockwork
30th December 2005, 08:02
Aryan Germans and Sunni Iraqis had it sweet under those two gentlemen. It's only when you are outside the "mainstream" that you'd need to worry.
See, it does pay to be part of Brash's "mainstream" at times.

Sweet until one of your rellies did something stupid or maybe that neighbour you pissed off decided to make something up on you.

"If you're innocent you'll have nothing to fear!" :ar15:

SPORK
30th December 2005, 13:22
Pass the salvia

James Deuce
30th December 2005, 13:37
Pass the salvia

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/salviaarticle.htm

Salvia? That's an odd hobby for a wee lad.

But how does that help with vehicle tracking?