PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injected CBR250RR?

Coyote
23rd December 2005, 11:14
The fuel injectors on mine seem to look a awful lot like caburettors to me
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=43586991&permanent=

TwoSeven
23rd December 2005, 11:21
Wonder if a kit was put in.

wendigo
23rd December 2005, 11:28
Fuel injected? Yeah right...

Coyote
23rd December 2005, 11:34
Wonder if a kit was put in.
Such things exist?!

wendigo
23rd December 2005, 11:45
Such things exist?!

Bollox. An aftermarket efi system would cost a serious amount of mullah & I don't see that reflected in the price.
Do the new 250's today even have an efi system?

*sic
23rd December 2005, 12:20
i smell something... oh its an ass.

k14
23rd December 2005, 12:51
I know that there are some guys in auzzie that designed and fitted a fuel injected system for their MC22 cbr250. Not sure how they got on though, last I saw about it was on the cbr250 forums a year or so ago.

rc_36_rider
23rd December 2005, 12:54
waste your time and money get a two stroke if you want a fast 250.

TwoSeven
23rd December 2005, 13:42
So says someone who has probably never ridden a cbr250 in anger :)

There are quite a few FI systems available in kit form (although not in bolt on form yet) and they are generally pretty cheap these days. Also, quite a few hobbyists are making there own - its not that hard to do.

rc_36_rider
23rd December 2005, 13:59
i have ridden many a 250rr in my days as a mechanic thank you
how hard would it be to make the computer that tells the injectors what to do i.e. injection duration and timing a mate if mine wants to put an injection system on his rgv the only problem is the ecu and what sort of duration ect to use

SimJen
23rd December 2005, 18:39
i have ridden many a 250rr in my days as a mechanic thank you
how hard would it be to make the computer that tells the injectors what to do i.e. injection duration and timing a mate if mine wants to put an injection system on his rgv the only problem is the ecu and what sort of duration ect to use

Not much use on a two stroke, HRC tried it with the NSR500 and ditched it as it was a pain in the ass to setup. Injectors would also have to squirt the oil into the cylinder too, im not sure they'd be up to it.
Some new 2 stroke scooters use direct injection (straight into the cylinders) but they've got lots of R&D behind them.
It'd add too much weight and complexity to such a simple bike, you'd probably also seize it about 20 times while you set it up.

Sniper
23rd December 2005, 18:44
According to him, they come out standard with fuel injection

John
23rd December 2005, 20:10
I have space monkeys.

TwoSeven
23rd December 2005, 20:49

ahhh, fairy land then is it :)

Ask him which year and what the injection system part number is.

John
23rd December 2005, 20:51
ahhh, fairy land then is it :)

Ask him which year and what the injection system part number is.
My space monkeys know them, I shall ask them?

Sniper
23rd December 2005, 22:50
I added my veiwpoint.

onearmedbandit
24th December 2005, 09:15
To which he has replied.... Poor guy.

Sniper
24th December 2005, 15:08
I feel sorry for him if he was mislead but Im not so sure........

k14
24th December 2005, 15:37
Not much use on a two stroke, HRC tried it with the NSR500 and ditched it as it was a pain in the ass to setup. Injectors would also have to squirt the oil into the cylinder too, im not sure they'd be up to it.
Some new 2 stroke scooters use direct injection (straight into the cylinders) but they've got lots of R&D behind them.
It'd add too much weight and complexity to such a simple bike, you'd probably also seize it about 20 times while you set it up.
They used it for a race or 2 (hockenheim iirc) and then went back to teh carbs.

I've heard that the ktm125 uses FI and that seems to be pretty quick, although it doesn't have a noticeable advantage, it has in 3 or 4 seasons gone from nothing to top bike in the class, or everything but.

Coyote
24th December 2005, 17:02
I feel sorry for him if he was mislead but Im not so sure........
Yeah, the bikes stores that told him should know better. It was only in around the year 2000 that the litre supersport bikes came out with EFI (correct me if I'm wrong). Why would a 250 have a fuel injection system a decade earlier than its bigger CC counterparts?

awesker
24th December 2005, 18:04
I know that there are some guys in auzzie that designed and fitted a fuel injected system for their MC22 cbr250. Not sure how they got on though, last I saw about it was on the cbr250 forums a year or so ago.

they got it working but had heaps of problems with flat spots and starting the thing, great idea though if you have the know how, id think it would be pretty fun... but obviosly that dudes right on trademe, so whats the point of doing it yourself cause they all come fuel injected .. pfft :weird:

myvice
3rd January 2006, 10:16
What advantages would you get? Another 10% h.p? Might give you 36-37 h.p. to play with! It’s a 250! If you want to go faster then get a bigger bike...
If you want to go faster on your 250 then spend the money on making them handle, e.g., upgrade the shocks, better tyres and brakes...
I'd prefer to play with a carbed bike where you can mess about with jets than have to deal with the expense of bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and re-programming the computer to get it right.
And I have never had a throttle position sensor, air flow meter, coolant temp sender, cam and/or crank angle sensor or an oxygen sensor crap out on my bike.
All (99%) of new bikes will be F.I. witch is fine but the expense of an after market kit or the headache of trial and error would leave me cold.
If any one is serious about putting fuel injection on there bike, car, lawnmower there are some very good books at Tech Books, if you have gone past that stage and are looking for a computer to run it then send me a P.M.