PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Island WSB

BigB
10th March 2004, 12:07
Hi All

Just wondering if any one else was heading across?? I know there are no works teams but there should still be some great racing and then theres the supersports.

Me and a mate are staying at the camp ground so will be close to all the action. Mite even wear my KB t-shirt if I feel its safe with all those Aussies around.

cheers :niceone:

wari
23rd March 2004, 17:45
Hi All

Just wondering if any one else was heading across?? I know there are no works teams but there should still be some great racing and then theres the supersports.

Me and a mate are staying at the camp ground so will be close to all the action. Mite even wear my KB t-shirt if I feel its safe with all those Aussies around.

cheers :niceone:

Wish I was going ... i had a cracker of a time last year ... :sunny:

have fun BigB :niceone:

BigB
7th April 2004, 07:06
Well I'm back from Aussie there are 3143 unread posts and I had a great time at the WSB. So all the manafactures may not be supporting it but there was still some fantastic racing and from what I saw the ZX-10 is going to give the Duc's a run for there money later on. You are so close to the track, I got some great photo's but not being digital I'll post some once I've scaned them in.

As for the 600's you couldn't have asked for better racing the Aussies in the crowd jus going off!!

Phillip Island has a great set up with bikes being aloud to ride round the outside of the track and park up where you like, then when you get bored just jump on your bike and ride to the next veiwing point, and the weather was fantastic with 27c on race day.

I would go again especially if the manafactures come back in.

cheers

Drunken Monkey
7th April 2004, 08:17
Phillip Island has a great set up with bikes being aloud to ride round the outside of the track and park up where you like, then when you get bored just jump on your bike and ride to the next veiwing point,

Does this mean you had your bike shipped over there for the event, or were you on a hire bike?

BigB
7th April 2004, 12:34
No I didn't take the bike, I did look at hire bikes but they are very expensive. So took hire car and got rides roound the track with the people we were camping with.

cheers