PDA

View Full Version : Easter Ride AKL - WGN - PMR - AKL

Drunken Monkey
10th March 2004, 14:33
Hi all,

I am planning to ride down to Wellington on or about Easter Sunday to stay for a couple of nights, including doing some work on Tuesday in Wellington. Then on to Palmy North (probably on Wednesday) for a few more hours work before heading back to Auckland. All to be confirmed shortly. If anyone was keen to tag along for part or all, that would be cool, although you'll have to arrange your own accomodation and somehting to do while I be at work!

Post or PM.

Al.

White trash
10th March 2004, 15:31
Yahoo! Look us up when you're down. Can possibly help out with some free acomodation.

Chicks only need apply! Hang on let me go ask the wife.............................................. ............

Nup, no chicks skinnier than Lena. Sorry.

Seriously, if anyones stuck for accomodation at any stage, PM me and I'll try to help out. :niceone:

Drunken Monkey
10th March 2004, 15:35
Yahoo! Look us up when you're down.

definately...methinks some good ol' fashioned GSXR stylez hijinks will be called for. Can you say 'Judgement Day 3', hehehehe ;)

White trash
10th March 2004, 15:37
Shame you wont be here on Thursday night. That's when the real cunning stunts are unvieled.

I'll PM you my contact details as I don't have a PC at home.

matthewt
10th March 2004, 17:27
Isn't that the same time that the "2 hot 2 handle" car/bike show is on ??

White trash
11th March 2004, 06:31
Oh yeah.

About that, the "2 hot 2 handle" thing aint happening any more.

Seems they didn't organise the road closures or anything.

Amatuers! :thud:

Drunken Monkey
12th March 2004, 15:51
Right, it's a go.

Riding down at a moderate pace to WGN on Easter Sunday, stopping in or around Taupo for lunch. Coming back sometime in the middle of the week, but the return is an 'open-ended' ticket, so I may stay the whole week depending on how things (available work and things to do) pan out.

Will make sure I catch up with the Wellington KB'ers who are ready and willing!

Ms Piggy
12th March 2004, 16:09
Right, it's a go.

Riding down at a moderate pace to WGN on Easter Sunday, stopping in or around Taupo for lunch. Coming back sometime in the middle of the week, but the return is an 'open-ended' ticket, so I may stay the whole week depending on how things (available work and things to do) pan out.

Hey DM,
Depending on study load I'd be keen to join you for part of the ride back from Wgtn up the line. I'll keep my eyes on the posts to find out when you are on your way back up the island. Have fun! :D

Cheers Cathy

Drunken Monkey
12th March 2004, 16:12
No probs. Web access won't be an issue, so I'll make sure all interested parties get regular updates.

White trash
12th March 2004, 16:13
Right, it's a go.

Sweet! You wont be working Monday?

We'll organise a sick local sports tour for you, Mr Monkey. Looking forward to it allready.

Drunken Monkey
12th March 2004, 16:19
[QUOTE=White trash]Sweet! You wont be working Monday?
QUOTE]

Nope, Monday will be muck around time, although I'm guessing there won't be much open...As long as the gas is pumping, I'll have something to do ;)

ching_ching
13th March 2004, 07:51
Hi all,

I am planning to ride down to Wellington on or about Easter Sunday to stay for a couple of nights, including doing some work on Tuesday in Wellington. Then on to Palmy North (probably on Wednesday) for a few more hours work before heading back to Auckland. All to be confirmed shortly. If anyone was keen to tag along for part or all, that would be cool, although you'll have to arrange your own accomodation and somehting to do while I be at work!

Post or PM.

Al.

Yo Monkey Magic,

April's roster hasn't come out yet but I'll be keen to tag along if I've got the time off, maybe down to Taihape. Will keep you posted.

ching

LB
15th March 2004, 04:13
At this stage the plan is for Hamish and I to be back in Wgtn late Easter Sunday, so we'll be around on the Monday. Closer to the time I'll try to remember to organise a meeting point. The top of the Takas springs to mind.....

Drunken Monkey
15th March 2004, 07:30
Sounds like a plan...

Deano
21st March 2004, 18:18
Sounds like a plan...

Hey DM, looking forward to meeting up with you and joining in on this 'sports tour' with WT and Co - got some good tracks.....um I mean roads down here. Lots of fun to be had. :Punk:

Would be good to meet up somewhere on the Kapiti Coast, as the ride back from there is awesome. Let us know your timetable closer to Easter and we'll all hook up.

Drunken Monkey
21st March 2004, 22:20
No probs - sounds cool. Looks like I'll be coming back via Napier on the Wed or Thu... That's about all I can add at the moment.

Drunken Monkey
6th April 2004, 20:58
Bleeeuuurrrggghhh...Sun/Mon night's accomodation just fell through. Don't fret, will figure something out. Weather isn't shaping up too nicely either. yeck...

Drunken Monkey
8th April 2004, 15:41
Confirmed Timetable

Sunday - Ride from AKL-WGN - Leaving Aucks around 9:00am. PM me if you want to join me for part or all of the ride. PS - I don't want to spend extra hours in the saddle, so I won't be going down any interesting ways. Going the quick way due south through Palmy (ie NOT SH1)

Monday - The Rimutakas ride with the WGN KB'ers!

Tuesday - Working during the day in Lower Hutt

Wednesday - Working in Palmerston North
Pending how much work has to be done, will either stay one more night in Welly and head back first thing Thursday VIA NAPIER, or just go straigh home Wednesday arvo from Palmy.

Gotta be back for the Rally of New Zealand, ya see :)