PDA

View Full Version : Boxin day ride

froggyfrenchman
26th December 2005, 14:43
Sunny boxing day in the Bay, time for a ride. Did a whole lot of the extra twisty country rds, just me and the missis. After 1/2 hr, we swapped bikes and i let her have her first ride on anything other than her gn250, seemed to be enjoying my gb400 and i had a hard job gettn it back. A bit further down the track i had a play with the camera while riding, and im quite proud of this shot, considering how fast and winding the road was!:wari:

Pic is of our own kber, gn1nitestnd.

For any that know the area, ride started in hastings, out to bridge pa, up Raukawa rd to argyle, Argyle rd to Otane, Tod rd from otane to the Patangata pub. Pit stop of course! Then over the tuki tuki vally to elsthorpe, kahranaki rd and tuki tuki rd to hamoana.:niceone:

Sniper
26th December 2005, 14:52
Nice pic and well done

mattt
26th December 2005, 15:03
Sunny boxing day in the Bay, time for a ride. Did a whole lot of the extra twisty country rds, just me and the missis. After 1/2 hr, we swapped bikes and i let her have her first ride on anything other than her gn250, seemed to be enjoying my gb400 and i had a hard job gettn it back. A bit further down the track i had a play with the camera while riding, and im quite proud of this shot, considering how fast and winding the road was!:wari:

Pic is of our own kber, gn1nitestnd.

For any that know the area, ride started in hastings, out to bridge pa, up Raukawa rd to argyle, Argyle rd to Otane, Tod rd from otane to the Patangata pub. Pit stop of course! Then over the tuki tuki vally to elsthorpe, kahranaki rd and tuki tuki rd to hamoana.:niceone:

bit under 200km right? The roads you took are awesome for twistys - if you go a little further ie Whakapirau road round to Argyle Rd, then from patangata , Elsthorpe and out to the coast (i forget that beachs name) but either way bloody mint roads for riding on!!! :wari:

froggyfrenchman
26th December 2005, 15:09
Well we normally do the whakapirau rd, but my mum lives on valley rd so i had to go see her. The beach youre thinkin bout is either kirakau or mangakuri. Thats a good ride alright. We just wanted to do a few kms locally, coz the highways get damn boring when theres a gn in the pack. She was gettn into it alright, poor gn has NO chicken strips at all and the pegs are ground off at 45degrees!

Swoop
26th December 2005, 15:30
Nice to see some fresh piccies of riders out there doin' it!!

Hmm, I'm getting the feeling the weather is getting slightly better......:eek5:

erik
26th December 2005, 17:02
Nice pic :niceone:

Gixxer 4 ever
26th December 2005, 20:07
Hi Froggy. I am sorry you didn't come to the races with us. :slap: Was a great ride and a good day. Came across Alistair and lots of KBer's. Sweet ride over and back. A few little piggies but none that we didn't know about in time. Pleased you had a good day. Good photo by the way.

LXS
26th December 2005, 21:25
sounds like you guys had a great time, I suppose with hardly any cars on the road + good weather you would have!

froggyfrenchman
27th December 2005, 10:43
whoops, thanks to the mod that moved this thread to where it lives!

zadok
27th December 2005, 11:12
Onya, It's all good fun.:ride: :sunny:

GN1NiteStnd
27th December 2005, 14:57
theres me riding!

yungatart
27th December 2005, 16:16
theres me riding!
You lucky thing you! I still can't get my boot on over my poor broken foot-and the weather is fantastic for cruising the highways and byways-mutter!mutter!