PDA

View Full Version : Reminder to wear protective gear

slopster
27th December 2005, 21:56
Was riding the pushie down a nice bit of twisty downhill today and lowsided it at 55 clicks which is pretty quick on a push bike. Slid and rolled about 10m. And no protective clothing (good helmet, gloves and shoes though). Fuck it hurt - would not want to be doing it on a real bike at twice that speed so wear your gear.

Grumpy
27th December 2005, 22:00
Those bloody push bikes are dangerous things. Stick to the motorcycle. Hope you heal soon mate.

Suney
27th December 2005, 22:48
eww tight pants tight pants! put a warning on it!
but ouch , that looks painful!

also people, if your tyres are half pumped, don't try and ride it to the service station to get it pumped up because the lean angle is greatly reduced as i found out first hand! nearly high sided and stubbed my toes and took half a nail off

inlinefour
27th December 2005, 23:05
Reckon your likely to hurt yourself just as bad on one of those push bike things. Especially if you ride one offroad like I like to. I reckon if its got two wheels its important to get the gear on. If your likely to behaving fun on two wheels, then its more important to wear really good gear.:devil2:

Zapf
27th December 2005, 23:16
get that looked at by A&E... they'll give it a nice "SCRUB" down and it'll heal nicely and quickly too!

loosebruce
27th December 2005, 23:17
LOL the ol pushy off, been there before a few times back down welly way, there's some powder shit that i cant remember the name of it though, put it on that rash shit you got there, and it dries it up way faster, all the weeping n shit is a bugger, sticking to the bed sheets/clothes crap that like that. Knee and chin armour go a long way to stop that stuff, cheap enuf and worth it when shit goes wrong, infact i'm more likely to wear the armour than my helmet on my pushie, foolish i know especially when you're doing dumb shit like 80+kph stand up wheelies down the top half of queen st with ya baseball cap on turned backwards. I'll learn maybe, prolly not.

Phenoix
28th December 2005, 08:30
You can get upto 80K's down Queen St? Thats got to be freaky on a push bike.

MrMelon
28th December 2005, 09:54
Looks pretty much what happened when I did the same thing on the mountain bike. Get it cleaned up by the A&E and get them to put one of those burn dressings over it that stays on for a week. Mine was fully healed by the time they took it off.

Sparky Bills
28th December 2005, 10:43
Been there done that!
Not planning to do it again!

OUCH!

metric
28th December 2005, 14:06
Was riding the pushie down a nice bit of twisty downhill today and lowsided it at 55 clicks which is pretty quick on a push bike. Slid and rolled about 10m. And no protective clothing (good helmet, gloves and shoes though). Fuck it hurt - would not want to be doing it on a real bike at twice that speed so wear your gear.

yeoow-ch

nasty that is...

Hitcher
28th December 2005, 16:01
The one-handed typiste says "Wear all the gear all the time." Bones can be reset. Replacing ground-off skin and its underlying tissue is inordinately harder.

Stevo
28th December 2005, 18:33
This is the reason I don't ride a push bike. Cos I'd feel a right tool wearing a lot of clothes plus then I'd over heat, possibly warp my head and cook my piston.

myvice
28th December 2005, 20:24
Hypercal lotion, health shops or your pharmacy should have it.
Was a pushbike courier for a bit, had a few of them!

Biff
29th December 2005, 16:39
eww tight pants tight pants! put a warning on it!

Strange that - I looked at his legs and his elbow, and didn't notice his pants.
Why exactly were you checking out his tight pants?? :wacko:

Hope you heal soon mate. Ouch.