PDA

View Full Version : East Cape Circuit 28 or 29 Dec

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
27th December 2005, 22:08
I am leaving Napier either tomorrow afternoon or first thing Thursday morning, anyone want join me on the trip? The more the merrier. I have done this particular ride 3 times - usually on my own, would be nice to catch up with other bikers even if part of the way
Cheers

Dadpole
27th December 2005, 22:43
Welcome to KB Madwoman. Heading up there myself, but in the cage with the family :wacko:
Have a good trip

Lou Girardin
28th December 2005, 07:15
We're going in Feb. Let us know what the road conditions are like.

skelstar
28th December 2005, 07:30
Welcome to the site BMW...oh and Merry Xmas.

cowpoos
28th December 2005, 09:25
I reckon this is one of the best rides I've done...napier,east cape to whakatane...awesome roads...low traffic...very very low in cops....I mean very low...as in...never seen a cop near the main road....and done the trip a number of times...and most people I know that drive trucks up there say the never see them either...

yungatart
28th December 2005, 10:09
MSTRS,G4E and I did this trip last summer- fabulous. Go through the gorge to Opotoki then ride the coast road back to Napier-awesome scenery, friendly locals and bugger all traffic. Enjoy!

Highlander
28th December 2005, 11:47
MSTRS,G4E and I did this trip last summer- fabulous. Go through the gorge to Opotoki then ride the coast road back to Napier-awesome scenery, friendly locals and bugger all traffic. Enjoy!

Thinking about a Tauranga round the cape then back to Tauranga day trip. Expecting it to take all day (Grand challenge training maybe). Do you reckon doing it clockwise or anti clockwise?

Maybe jump in on the Feb sometime loop mentioned earlier this thread.

By the way WELCOME to the site BMW :niceone:

yungatart
28th December 2005, 11:56
Clockwise- it gives you the most spectacular views! Petrol is pretty scarce up there and you can pay the earth for it but it really is worth it.

Highlander
28th December 2005, 12:00
My CB does about 350 on a tank before reserve so I figure tank up at Opotiki will get me through to Gizzy no dramas.

Kaimais are much better from the Waikato side (for what its worth) - cool how some roads are vastly different coming the other way, keeps it varied.

Highlander
3rd January 2006, 07:43
So Did you go?
Would have been a good couple of days of sunshine to do it in.