PDA

View Full Version : Help - I need a front brake master cylinder.

Racer X
10th March 2004, 19:21
Does anyone have a front brake master cylinder - you know, the bit the brake lever attaches to. Its for a 89 GSXR, so I don't know if other brands would fit it.
I need to ride to uni tomorrow so it would be nice if someone could help tonight or before 10am tomorrow.
Thanx

Dave
11th March 2004, 08:27
Does anyone have a front brake master cylinder - you know, the bit the brake lever attaches to. Its for a 89 GSXR, so I don't know if other brands would fit it.
I need to ride to uni tomorrow so it would be nice if someone could help tonight or before 10am tomorrow.
Thanx

So, how did that go then?
Try atomic bike wreckers in takapuna

Racer X
11th March 2004, 20:55
Dont worry guys - I got one off my mates RGV250 - its pretty much the same - sweet as.

pete376403
12th March 2004, 21:05
(smarty ass mode ON) If you've fitted it and it works I guess thats a start but are you aware of the ratio of master cylinder diameter to wheel cylinder diameter and the difference that makes to braking performance versus brake lever travel?
Ie if the new master cylinder is smaller in diameter you'll get more pressure at the wheel cylinders - better braking - but the trade off will be more lever travel at the handlebar.
Just because brake components look the same externally is no guarantee that they are the same. (smarty ass mode OFF)

Racer X
17th March 2004, 15:49
Thanks pete37598764396.. but there is better brake feel with this new master cylinder than there ever was with the original one - it must have been slightly f*cked for a while.

yankwi
20th March 2004, 09:35
Thanx
Call my shop.. in hamilton... 07-847-3143