PDA

View Full Version : Painting fairing blades

mattd
28th December 2005, 22:28
Hey, so i have decided to clean up my bike a bit, give it a paint, plastic weld all the bits i have broken from dropping it, or when the misses ran over it :mad: .
Now my question is the fairing blade has gone all musty, uv damaged i guess, so i was thinking since i cant afford a new one (and it'll look a bit ugly if the rest of the bike is tidy) can i paint it? black? not see through. Seen a couple of pics around, i think, but cant tell if they are black or a really dark tint.
Thanks

sugilite
29th December 2005, 08:29
I've never painted a blade and would imagine it would scratch easily (the paint)
You would be amazed how cheaply new blades can be had from E-bay!

WRT
29th December 2005, 09:29
Just to clarify - by blade do you mean the windshield? If so, what about painting the inside, it wont scratch so easily that way, and should be easier to shine up. And if you are really cunning you could carefully sand the inside of it in a swirling pattern which I reckon would give a really cool effect when the sun shines on it.

Sniper
29th December 2005, 09:31
Im getting a blade for mine for $80.

sedge
29th December 2005, 16:59
Paint the inside with matt black, it looks like black gloss from the outside... Take the rubber strip off round the outside first if you have one. I think the WOF rule is, either it has to be clear (tint is OK) or opaque, nothing in between. Looks good in black.

Cheers,

Sedge.

Vegan
29th December 2005, 17:15
yeah you can get nice ones off ebay - black ...about 80 bucks delivered....

WINJA
29th December 2005, 17:19
ive polished a dull opaque one with fine sand paper then brasso and it looked ok

Suney
29th December 2005, 22:59
Im getting a blade for mine for $80.
Where from?
Do you know how much for a tinted one?

DEATH_INC.
30th December 2005, 03:55
ive polished a dull opaque one with fine sand paper then brasso and it looked ok
Yep,run a buff over it and she'll come up like new,or very close to it :niceone:

Sniper
30th December 2005, 06:09
Where from?
Do you know how much for a tinted one?

It is tinted. Mine is from Tyga performance.

sedge
30th December 2005, 17:34
FYI: Visual plastics in Hamilton do blades cheap too...

Sedge.