PDA

View Full Version : Drag Bars

Omega1
29th December 2005, 07:30
Hi Guys,

I've currently got beach bars on my FXDWG but was thinking of swapping them for Drag Bars with 6 inch risers (like the nighttrain) Just thought I'd ask what peoples experieinces were like with riding with Drag bars? are they a pain on long trips etc?

Cheers
O

Troll
29th December 2005, 17:20
had them on an 80 sporty

no problem at all, damn sight better than the factory buck horns usually fitted

scumdog
29th December 2005, 17:25
Had 'em on my '81 Sporty, loved 'em, best thing since sliced bread!
Look cool and only downside is when moving the bike in the gargre.
Buck horns? for posers or those with weak wrists!!

T-bars (drag bars?)are great, no air-drag on your extended arms!!

Wish I could get some for my 1200 'S'.

Waylander
29th December 2005, 18:01
Wish I could get some for my 1200 'S'.
Make them.

Don't have drag-bars(T-bars, whatever) but have something like them. Much better than the buck-horns. Make me feel more in control of the bike when in the twisties.

vs04
30th December 2005, 06:00
Haven,t ridden with drag bars but sat on a s83 boulevard which has stock drag/t bars, very comfortable.

Vagabond
30th December 2005, 20:57
Haven,t ridden with drag bars but sat on a s83 boulevard which has stock drag/t bars, very comfortable.
Just done 1000km's on my S83 and shoulders and arms could do another thou,
won't say the same about my arse though.:laugh:

Virago
30th December 2005, 22:37
I took the new S83 for a test ride, and didn't like the t/drag bars at all. The lack of leverage from the short bars seemed to magnify the tendancy for the steering to "flop" on to full lock. Also, the short bars placed the two mirrors very close together, which made it all but impossible to see the road behind. (Or it could be that I'm too bloody wide....)

Nah, I prefer the Buckhorn style bars myself.

vs04
31st December 2005, 05:44
I took the new S83 for a test ride, and didn't like the t/drag bars at all. The lack of leverage from the short bars seemed to magnify the tendancy for the steering to "flop" on to full lock. Also, the short bars placed the two mirrors very close together, which made it all but impossible to see the road behind. (Or it could be that I'm too bloody wide....)

Nah, I prefer the Buckhorn style bars myself.
My second bike will be an s83.I,ve heard about the problem with the mirrors,i quite liked the idea of buckhorns on those eight inch risers but they tell me the cables are to short to do a swap over.

White trash
31st December 2005, 07:56
So does anyone (other than Scummy) actually own a Harley that'd care to comment?

I love the look of the Night train too Omega but to ride at low speed, they're a pig. Because of the rake of the wideglide front and 21 inch front wheel, coupled with the not unsubstantial weight of a big block, anything other than straight ahead and the front wants to flop to full lock. Because the bars are so narrow, you'll lose alot of leverage.

Trade off is, with the beach bars, you get a hell of alot of wobbling at high speed due to the "wind sock" at the controls. A good compromise would be Softail Standard bars. Really comfy, good leverage, not too wide.

Second thoughts, probably not an issue 'cause you Harley riders don't actually ride your bikes do you?

Did nobody else see the thread title and think Omega1 was after something else?

Drag bars?

Maybe it's just me...

Vagabond
31st December 2005, 23:21
Did nobody else see the thread title and think Omega1 was after something else?

Drag bars?

Maybe it's just me...

So what do you call drag bars?

The S83 has drag bars bur also risers.:2thumbsup

So what do you call drag bars?

The S83 has drag bars bur also risers.:2thumbsup

Well being in drag is men dressing as women .... aka transvestites

and therefore Drag Bars are bars where mainly transvestites hang out in.

:rofl:

Waylander
1st January 2006, 02:57
Biff-ite.....

Vagabond
1st January 2006, 07:57
Well being in drag is men dressing as women .... aka transvestites

and therefore Drag Bars are bars where mainly transvestites hang out in.

:rofl:
So thats why you call yourself Weasel your'e a Drag Queen!
:(

So thats why you call yourself Weasel your'e a Drag Queen!
:(

As often as I can... you ever tried riding a bike in 6" heels? :banana:

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this? Drag Bars... like a subset of Gay Bars??

*Returns to the corner*

Vagabond
1st January 2006, 16:51
As often as I can... you ever tried riding a bike in 6" heels? :banana:

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this? Drag Bars... like a subset of Gay Bars??

*Returns to the corner*

Your'e a sick man. :puke:

selectedgrub
2nd January 2006, 12:13
So does anyone (other than Scummy) actually own a Harley that'd care to comment?

Yep, Check my profile pic. Got 8inch over drags. No problems on long journeys. Just make sure you have the right rise, comfort and handling. 6inch should be o.k on a FXWG but it all depends on how tall you are. I would go with the one piece set.

Divot
5th January 2006, 11:32

I;ve go buck horn bar and like them on the sporty.

Troll
7th January 2006, 20:13
[QUOTE=White trash]So does anyone (other than Scummy) actually own a Harley that'd care to comment?

already have