PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki New Zealand - Thumbs Up

Oscar
29th December 2005, 11:37
I took the V-Strom into Road & Sport Suzuki as the clutch slave cylinder seal was weeping (DOT4 all over my new garage floor!).

The V-Strom was first registered 14/1/2004 so was technically still under warranty. However I didn’t really expect a dodgy seal would be covered by warranty, but the workshop manager told me it probably would be.

While I was talking to him, I asked about the problems with clutch baskets that some V-Stroms had reportedly had. He said it sounded OK, but he’d have a ride on it later to check it out. I told him it wasn’t a big deal, it just that it made a strange vibration at 3 or 4 thousand RPM and I just wanted to make sure the thing wasn’t gonna fly to pieces or anything like that – I’d never owned a big V Twin before and was just being cautious…basically I walked away happy with his reassurance that he’d only seen one V-Strom with the problem (and that rattled really, really loudly at idle).

So later that day, I get a call from Road & Sport to say that they’ll need the bike another day as Suzuki have authorised a clutch basket replacement under warranty.

What great service – no hassle, no argument – a company that backs its products. This is in direct contrast to the only other time I made a serious claim on a new vehicle warranty (with Nissan NZ, sufficed to say you couldn’t pay me to buy another Nissan).

Well done Road & Sport and Suzuki NZ.

Grumpy
29th December 2005, 11:45
I've heard that Suzuki's reputation with warranty claims is second to none.

Fatjim
29th December 2005, 11:53
Good to hear.

1 thing I have noticed is that service from motorcycle dealers is way below that of car dealers.

I've had issues where I found some really dodgy workmanship on my VTR prior to delivery. When derestricting my bike, instead of pulling the restricter plates out of the silicon sleeves between the carbies and the manifold, they had ground them out, splitting the sleeve in the process Then they had not done the clamps on the sleeves back up, so the carbies weight was all that was stopping it all coming off (apart from the tank on top).
I would have expected a sorry mate, I'll order another in today and ring you when when can get it fitted. I just got a lets book it in when we can (two weeks later), look at it and then we'll decide on wheter we are going to pay for it or you are. Man was I pissed

The dealership moved at around the same time, so I got the new dealers to replace it for me at my cost.. It was a $60 part (retail) ffs.

WINJA
29th December 2005, 12:29
suzuki have been tops for me so far . i had a problem with my new gsxr1000k3 , it was not a manufacturing fault , while everyone argued it out they left me out of it and gave me a brand new gixxer1000 no arguements , almost 2 years later the bike had 3 days left on the warranty and they did a warranty repair on my swingarm bearings , they pointed out it was not a warranty item but covered it any way :2thumbsup for suzuki , id get another any day . now for my honda woes never again blue wing you guys can go fuck yourself, a 6 week battle and the bike never got fixxed , in the end i traded it on a kawasaki who had not bad warranty service at all

Flyingpony
29th December 2005, 14:03
Suzuki at their discretion will also cover items not covered by warranty if they've obviously failed too early or due to mistake in factory assembly (my situation). I've heard that even after the warranty has expired for a few months and something major goes boom which in general shouldn't, you're still covered - again at their discretion.

The only part I don't like about their warranty is that it's only for 12 months. Bit short I think, should be 24-36 months. Being unlimited km though is nice, but I don't do that many clicks per year. Would like to see a warranty where the buyer decides to take it as either x-years or x-km.

I'd buy another Suzuki anytime if I'd the coin. Their after sales service is great but at $60/hr it's very pricey for those with limited budgets.

Oscar
29th December 2005, 14:05
The only part I don't like about their warranty is that it's only for 12 months. Bit short I think, should be 24-36 months. Being unlimited km though is nice, but I don't do that many clicks per year.

? The warranty on the V-Strom is 24 Months.
Likewise the DRZ I bought had a 24 months warranty because it had a road kit. The identical bike without lights was classified "competition and got a three moth warranty...

WINJA
29th December 2005, 17:14
my magic and gixxer both had 24month warranty

Jantar
29th December 2005, 18:22
I believe that the smaller Suzukis only have a 12 month warranty but larger bikes are 24 months. I know my GS1200SS is 24 months, and I have found Suzuki to be pretty good on warranty claims.

When I bought my bike the clock in the instrument panel wouldn't set. A small item, and I would have been happy with a small stick on clock from Repco or something similar, but Suzuki replaced the entire instrument panel. New speedo, rev counter etc. Good on you Suzuki. :2thumbsup

fishb8nz
30th December 2005, 05:05
Suzuki cars have 36 month warranties, so why can't a bike have the same?

What?
30th December 2005, 05:30
Because Suzuki know that people who buy Gixxer thou's don't buy Suzuki Swifts...

Mr Skid
30th December 2005, 05:46
Suzuki cars have 36 month warranties, so why can't a bike have the same?http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1138

Lou Girardin
30th December 2005, 07:27

Gixxer's are usually written off well before that.

The_Dover
30th December 2005, 07:40
Because Suzuki know that people who buy Gixxer thou's don't buy Suzuki Swifts...

Hey, I nearly bought one, the new ones are fucking nice little cars. I'm still considering one. Great value for money.

Gixxer's are usually written off well before that.

Bold statement!! Show me the evidence. :whistle:

vixter
30th December 2005, 07:51
what u want is a kawasaki hmmmm nice

WINJA
30th December 2005, 10:00
suzuki cars have 36 month warranties, so why can't a bike have the same?
cause the bikes are putting out 150hp per litre , and when most people buy a new car their older and sensible and dont do stoppys and wheelstands everywhere

WINJA
30th December 2005, 10:03
hey, i nearly bought one, the new ones are fucking nice little cars. i'm still considering one. great value for money.

you should consider the charade then ,real nice little car and faster than the new cbr1000rrr

loosebruce
30th December 2005, 15:10
I've heard that Suzuki's reputation with warranty claims is second to none.

We'll see!

Hope they come to the party with my GSXR, no reason why they shouldn't.

The_Dover
2nd January 2006, 16:36
We'll see!

Hope they come to the party with my GSXR, no reason why they shouldn't.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thehollowmen
2nd January 2006, 17:55
that's the story I'd heard.
Those jappers are proud to stand behind their work, I hear good things about honda too.

Yamaha can have a bit of pissing around but they get there in the end.

Now a faulty triumph? faulty? that's a design feature.