PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Exhaust Control Valve

Sensei
29th December 2005, 21:30
Well have had mine play up for some time now with it showing fault code C46 when the red F1 light would come on when slowing down from high speeds so me & mate set about adjusting it by the book . Very trick job but managed to sort out how to do it after buying some stuff needed to complete set up from Dick Smiths . After finished & putting bike all back together took for a test run but still was not playing the game . So we went back in & took the whole lot out of the bike , Motor Drive , cables & locked the ECV valve open . You have to remove the ECV plug into the ECM so as it does not show up a fault that the Unit is not working but that is Easy as . Verdict is that the bike is suppose to lose power low down when this is not working , well I can tell you that it may have lost about 1/2 a HP if that so nothing ! Did a 6th gear roll on against mates K4 with Power commander & all the same mods as mine & bike's where no difference in bottom end pull from 40k Plus it has made the bike alot smoother to . Very happy no light & no power change Excellent So if ya need to know anthing about this little baby then drop me a PM & can tell you how to Adjust this unit & remove it if needed :blip:

Bleck K6
30th December 2005, 08:30
It seems strange that the valve stays shut where they test emissions? & that all the aftermarket full exhaust systems get rid of the SETV?
So you removed the complete servo motor & pulled the black?brown wire from the ECM or left the servo in but disconnected the cables to the SETV?

WINJA
30th December 2005, 10:20
dont be fooled , that valve is there for one reason , noise testing , i took mine out just after getting the bike , if it really was for midrange and bottom end then they woulda put it on the 600 and 750 first

Bleck K6
30th December 2005, 10:56
Thats exactly what I was thinking,Why the 1000 & not the 600,750?
Hey Winja did you remove your servo motor or just disconnect your cables to the valve?

dont be fooled , that valve is there for one reason , noise testing , i took mine out just after getting the bike , if it really was for midrange and bottom end then they woulda put it on the 600 and 750 first

Sensei
30th December 2005, 12:07
Take the whole Motor cables right out Tiller & Bl/BR wire I think it was out of ECM unit .Should have done mine ages ago . Bike is no louder either .

WINJA
30th December 2005, 19:51
thats exactly what i was thinking,why the 1000 & not the 600,750?
hey winja did you remove your servo motor or just disconnect your cables to the valve?
i got a pdf from yoshi , it says leave the servo in for the k3 and k4 , the k1 and k2 was alright to take out , i heard taking out the servo could cause some other fault , who knows i just did what yoshimura says and left it in , and im lazy

Sensei
30th December 2005, 20:52
If you have taken the ECV Plug out of the loom then the sevo does not work anyway so why have it sitting there doing completely nothing which it will be doing with no power to it . The fault would show up straight away as well & if that was the case . 2 bolts to remove Motor Winja you must be lazy Dude :rofl:

WINJA
30th December 2005, 21:17
if you have taken the ecv plug out of the loom then the sevo does not work anyway so why have it sitting there doing completely nothing which it will be doing with no power to it . the fault would show up straight away as well & if that was the case . 2 bolts to remove motor winja you must be lazy dude :rofl:
just heard its still part of the ecu circuit even though the wire is pulled , i did see something on gdc for bridgeing it

WINJA
30th December 2005, 21:40
http://www.81x.com/wtobjectframe.aspx?projectid=51753&page=004&rnd=1988395457
theres something , note the bit about twisting 2 wires that went to the ecu together , i know it might not show a fault at the moment , but who knows , as i said ill do it yoshimuras way

Sensei
30th December 2005, 22:04
If you read your link it says this is for a K2 .The 2 wires are the power wires that Power the servo & will not be show any fault when unpluged . I Have access to a Full Genuine Suzuki Dealer only manuals & PDF,s Which says nothing about joining any wires together ? Bike goes hard now than ever so are more than happy & no Red Fucken light :2thumbsup

WINJA
30th December 2005, 22:24
i know its for the k2 , its the only one i could be bothered finding , but you get the idea, ive read a lot of opinions , including disableing the servo in the full open position

WINJA
30th December 2005, 22:41
i found my yoshimura pdf , it says on the k3 the servo must not be removed ,
i can think of a reason why . the servo position may influence the fueling , if it sends a 4/20 ma or 0/10v signal and its not there the bike is possibly running a bit lean. might explain why its running so well , you know how a light bulb is real bright just b4 it burns out

suzuki21
12th January 2008, 14:53
Of cours Yoshimura would say that, they want to sell a new pipe. Ditch the ECV as its only for noise tests, and you save some weight as well.