PDA

View Full Version : Clear indicators

kro
31st December 2005, 20:02
I got pulled over today, in my car.

I was approaching an roundabout, with the sun at my back, plain cop car was approaching the roundabout from the opposite direction, we both got to the roundabout at the same time, he carried on thru toward me, and not seeing any indicator, I started out into the roundabout, only to see Mr Plain car cop start coming round the roundabout at me, obviously very pissed off with me.

Truth is, he did indicate, but he had a new plain car, and it had those clear indicators with orange bulbs, and with the sun behind me, I just could not see them. I explained this to the officer, and we did a couple of roadside tests, and he admitted to me that they were damn hard to see, and let me go on my way, with an apology.

Be careful with these modern cars guys/gals, those trendy clear indicators are dangerous in my humble opinion, and are a serious hazard

Sketchy_Racer
31st December 2005, 20:20
yea they are hard to see.... just a bit of humble pie for ya there ;)

Coyote
31st December 2005, 20:39
But boy do they look sweet. May as well have them on your bike, not like a cage is going to take notice of where you're going anyway

froggyfrenchman
31st December 2005, 22:05
But boy do they look sweet. May as well have them on your bike, not like a cage is going to take notice of where you're going anyway

Good point really, why do we bother with indicators at all?

inlinefour
1st January 2006, 09:21

Its to keep Mr/Miss/Mrs Plodd happy.:blink:

marty
1st January 2006, 09:39
WHAT??? a reasonable copper???? what's happening????

kro
1st January 2006, 09:55
Haha, I have struck no law enforcers who struck me as being deliberately unreasonable. Each time I have been collared, its been because I stepped outside the line, and got very politley ushered back in again.

This particular officer was a good chap from the get go, even though i had pulled out in front of him on a roundabout, the fact that he apologised for getting so mad at me was proof that they are human after all.

froggyfrenchman
1st January 2006, 14:05
Yeah, the cops jump down hard on me. But i always deserve it.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd January 2006, 08:47
hmmm im lucky they have never caught up with me to tell me off..... i know kapiti a shit load better than they do :yes: all the ins and outs :2thumbsup:

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 10:29

so that other car drivers and buses have a flashing target to aim for?

crashe
2nd January 2006, 12:05
Its to keep Mr/Miss/Mrs Plodd happy.:blink:

ahem and not forgetting Ms Plod as well..
:niceone::first:

Colapop
2nd January 2006, 12:10
The thing is even though the new law is in, how many cagers are actually using their indicators properly at roundabouts? Because there is a new (ish) law people who haven't indicated before aren't going to start now are they?

Pathos
2nd January 2006, 20:39
The thing is even though the new law is in, how many cagers are actually using their indicators properly at roundabouts? Because there is a new (ish) law people who haven't indicated before aren't going to start now are they?

seconded

idiots are now indicating right when going straight through a round about....

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 20:46
seconded

ive noticed that watta bunch of retards:mad: just wastes peoples time because they are coming at you and you think they are going to keep going round but then they go straight and by then somebody else is already coming at you.

ugh idiots

:done:

.... i'm :calm:

MA

scumdog
2nd January 2006, 20:50
WHAT??? a reasonable copper???? what's happening????

:oi-grr: I know, what the hell is going on, don't they realise that to be a cop you have to be a ranting, lying, power-tripping hypocrit!!:spudwhat:

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 20:52
is that part of the entry criteria to goto cop academy?

nah most cops seem to be nice these days....if you are nice to them:msn-wink:

What?
3rd January 2006, 06:39
:oi-grr: I know, what the hell is going on, don't they realise that to be a cop you have to be a ranting, lying, power-tripping hypocrit!!:spudwhat:
You forgot "Brainless, Moronic and Illiterate"...:devil2:

Highlander
3rd January 2006, 07:52
seconded

There is enough confusion about indicating at Round a bouts that I just assume they are going to cut me off regaurdless of how they are indicating and wait until I see them turning.

LXS
3rd January 2006, 16:14
Hate those fucktards who are going straight the roundabout but indicate right?!?!:ar15:

End result is everyone else waiting only to find out they aren't turning but going straight through.

Oh well, shit happens.

What?
4th January 2006, 05:28
Hate those fucktards who are going straight the roundabout but indicate right?!?!:ar15:
Another disturbing little trend is with those who have recently decided that, when approaching the start of a passing lane, intending to use the left lane, should use their left indicator.
Sound harmless enough? Well, I live on a busy-ish state highway. My gateway is right on the start of uphill passing lanes. So when I am turning into said driveway, I fuggin near get tail-ended on a regular basis, presumably because Mr Averageidiot thinks I am just warning him that I am going to continue using the lane I am already in!