PDA

View Full Version : Mini quads

Coyote
2nd January 2006, 15:53
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=44154939
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=43734497

Just saw these on trademe earlier today. They look like fun. Does anyone know about them? Do the have motors like the minimotos therefore can be modified with minimoto parts? Would you be able to race against the minimotos on one (not competitively, just for fun)?

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 16:15
can't see it because my trade me is f***d

but if it like the ones we sell which is the four stroke model....you could go out and buy a 110 mini chopper motor and go like a bat outta hell...

tell me which one is closest to it..

cub smallest then crocodile then the condor is the biggest...

i can tell you a bit more about them then...

www.lifanmc.co.nz

Coyote
2nd January 2006, 17:41
What I found interesting was they look nothing like the normal quads and had a more race quad look. Do you know anything about these then? Theres a few on Trademe all between $500-$600

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 17:56
those are pretty cool.

from what i can see they have the little 2 smoker motors in them.

so yeah you can very likely assume pocket bike parts would fit them but offroad those motors would be too small i would think personally

see if you can get them in four stroke. give you alot more go .

you could always buy one and change it for a 4 stroke motor.

because i honestly think those are more for a bit of fun than proper offroading.

would be good for carpark racing though :headbang:

The Beast
2nd January 2006, 19:40
Yes they are the same as pocket bike engines and hot-up parts would be no problem to just bolt on, the exhausts & brackets even look like they're the same so you could fit the monster exhuast easyily. There is no racing for them as far as I know and the Minimoto club of NZ has nothing to do with them. Even just for fun I wouldn't think they would keep up with a pocket bike because of the extra weight. I wouldn't go jumping one either, they probably couldn't hold up to that sort of treatment for long.

Coyote
2nd January 2006, 20:16
you could always buy one and change it for a 4 stroke motor.

Of course I would do that. You can't put a turbo on a 2 stroke... easily

I wouldn't go jumping one either, they probably couldn't hold up to that sort of treatment for long.
Yeah, bit of a shame that

I'd like to see the chassis on one. Wonder if you could replicate it yourself, make it a bit stronger and bigger, add some long travel suspension and a 450 motocross engine. Why? Why not? I've got the tools and metal at school. Might be able to earn some ncea credits making one :p

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 20:49
Of course I would do that. You can't put a turbo on a 2 stroke... easily

Yeah, bit of a shame that

I'd like to see the chassis on one. Wonder if you could replicate it yourself, make it a bit stronger and bigger, add some long travel suspension and a 450 motocross engine. Why? Why not? I've got the tools and metal at school. Might be able to earn some ncea credits making one :p

ive been wanting to track down a turbo the right sizev for my beastie.

they do make a full setup but they wan't 2 grand screwed if i'm doing that.

some people say just make one and i look in shock...i wouldnt even know where to begin....without doing a ruthless job .

Coyote
2nd January 2006, 20:51
they do make a full setup but they wan't 2 grand screwed if i'm doing that.

Full set up of what sorry?

skidMark
2nd January 2006, 21:05
Full set up of what sorry?

turbo set up you can buy them for 2 grand lol with pipes and everything you need

Coyote
3rd January 2006, 10:19
turbo set up you can buy them for 2 grand lol with pipes and everything you need
Whoa! That freakin awesome! Don't have the 2 grand though

The original quads are made by the Blata, and I assume anything on trademe will be a chinese knock off. They are 500 pounds in britan
http://www.4-warned.co.uk/endpoint.asp?id=BlatQuadard

Although, just found this site saying this is the chinese version which is more powerful and looks a bit bigger
http://www.4-warned.co.uk/endpoint.asp?id=AGQuadMotard

There's not much point in getting a quad if it can't be ridden with the minimoto guys. Can't ride it around the neighbourhood and the cops will get me for riding around a car park

The Beast
3rd January 2006, 10:39
Yes the ones on Trademe are chinese knock-offs.
That second one saying it is more powerful than the blata one has a different engine to the ones on trademe. It looks to me like an Aircooled B1 replica engine (though those are still only 40cc). So it may be more powerful than the blata...It is also stated that the Blata engine is 40cc and the chinker is 49cc. The Blata would last longer anyway, because you are paying for better quality.

Coyote
3rd January 2006, 10:46
Is there any blata importers in New Zealand? I would still go for the cheaper one cause I would likely replace everything anyway with go faster parts. Maybe see about getting an 80cc motocross engine from a wreckers and making it fit

Coyote
3rd January 2006, 10:49
Off topic from quads, is there anyone in NZ that has these bikes?
http://www.4-warned.co.uk/endpoint.asp?id=ELITEREP

The Beast
3rd January 2006, 14:37
My team mate actually built one himself out his own Day1 but with the air cooled B1 replica engine. This means, same power, but lighter! No radiator and shit. It goes!!! I'll post up some pics of it when I find them. I don't know of any blata importers in NZ, but search it on Trademe, I think someone sells authentic ones on there. Fitting a monster engine would be fun, well I think hahaha.