Motu
2nd January 2006, 16:33
Can't post attachments - forget it....

Ixion
2nd January 2006, 17:00
I know where it is. 'Tis a nice place.

Motu
2nd January 2006, 17:15
Yeah,I just wrote a whole bloody story about it,but couldn't post my pictures,so pointless exersize in the end.I used to have a section there,the harbour mouth changed and eroded half the settlement,people lost a lot of land and the council didn't do a thing.I was parked on my bike outside what is left of a mates 2 sections and bach,just a few metres of foreshore now - I was looking across the road at my old place and the owner came out to look at my bike,so we had a good disscussion about the whole thing.

So is it the site or my computer??

Motu
2nd January 2006, 17:49
Oh,ok - looks like my photo program had set itself making my pictures bitmap instead of JPEG...who the hell told it to do that out of the blue?

So that previous shot was of my mates bach,there was a section behind it,then over a hill to the beach,like say - 200mtrs of land gone missing.The council finaly came to the party after much pressure,that area in front of my bike is reclaimed land and now belongs to the council....lucky my mates dead eh?

Let's see if I can salvage my thread after throwing a hissy fit and deleting my 1000 word essay....no one would read it anyway...Next is a slip I saw on the Raglan/Kawhia road,it's big,real big.

Motu
2nd January 2006, 18:14
This next shot is on an intersection on the Aotea road,behind the bike is Raglan,that's the mountain you see in the distance.Soooo,one day in about 1976 I was down there on my Rickman Metisse,and coming back went onto a beach and had a hoon around on the sand,doing big slides and stuff.I came to this bay and decided I needed another shot at some big skids - so went back up the road directly away from the bike as you see it.I came down the road wide open in 2nd gear,went off the half metre bank and down that little beach on my rear wheel,the 500cc Daytona motor on full song.

Um...some long way out the bike finaly slowed down and stopped,bogged down to the axles in mud! Thick black smelly mud....and the tide was coming in! I had to dig around the wheels to free them and pulled the bike onto it's side,and then dragged it across the mud on it's side...front wheel,rear wheel...bit by bit.That stream wasn't there,but there was some firmer ground in that area and I was finaly able to get the bike on 2 wheels and push.No one was around,in those days the area was deserted.Back on the road I scooped handfuls of mud off the bike,fired it up and went to Kawhia for fuel and a much desrved drink.

oldrider
6th January 2006, 20:10
Not familiar with that area Motu but am familiar with your predicament posting attachments/pics etc. Nice pics.
I am trying to have a go too. Not sure where to put them. Might try here on ride report.
Tough chunky looking bike that. Cheers John.

miSTa
6th January 2006, 21:13
Stayed there once many moons ago, your photos bought back a few memories, especially of fish on the waters edge that refused to take my bait and hook :angry2:

Flyingpony
6th January 2006, 21:32
Ah so that's what Motu's bike looks like.

Is that belt bag on the seat your swiss army kit you've posted about here and there?

Nice looking bike you have there and quite clean too. It'll definitely get you to places you want.