PDA

View Full Version : Fast Cars - Riverbank carpark

MrMelon
13th March 2004, 11:03
Anyone else heading down to this today?
http://www.fastcars.net.nz/

They've got the bike dyno and stuff there, and sounds like they're doing drags at the kapiti airport tomorrow.

jimbo600
13th March 2004, 15:57
Anyone else heading down to this today?
http://www.fastcars.net.nz/

They've got the bike dyno and stuff there, and sounds like they're doing drags at the kapiti airport tomorrow.

Yeah I have just come back from Lower Hutt car park. All in all pretty cool. Heaps of bikes doing burnouts. The dyno was only $25.00 a shot. The gixxer made 125.9 hp at the back wheel without ramair. And that my friends is fuckin' cool. A new 929 blade jumped on after me and scored 117 hp.

wkid_one
13th March 2004, 16:39
A new 929 blade jumped on after me and scored 117 hp.A new 929 - as the 929 hasn't been made for a coupla years now?? Do you mean a 954? or the new CBR (which I doubt - as they make 150hp)?

jimbo600
13th March 2004, 16:45
A new 929 - as the 929 hasn't been made for a coupla years now?? Do you mean a 954? or the new CBR (which I doubt - as they make 150hp)?

Absolutely sure it was not a new blade. Probably a 954, but I know absolute shit about Hondas. The guys blade was spewing all kinds of crap out of it too, I guess it needed a good ol phrang. If he took it back for a second go on the dyno no doubt it would push a little more. Whatever it was it looked like it had just popped out of the crate. Immaculate bike.

speedpro
13th March 2004, 17:48
Running my bike on the dyno a few years ago looking for the cause of hard starting and it did 175hp. Turned out it had 4 bent exhaust valves.

matthewt
13th March 2004, 17:58
Best run of the day was the first run which was a ZX9. 130.7hp. The guy had it setup for drag racing (seriously flat tyres and the forks where raised way up).

My Brutale hit 110.7hp which isn't to bad. My 01 model F4 did 110.0hp stock and 120.8hp with the neptune pipes.

It's a pity the air/fuel sensor wasn't working coz I think the Brutale is running VERY rich.

Anyone still around about 4:30 would of seen Dion doing a few wheelies on his 999. Very entertaining !!

MrMelon
14th March 2004, 10:03
I was pretty tempted to chuck the tzr on the dyno, but didn't get around to it in the end :/

Your gsxr was pretty impressive on the dyno jimbo :D

jimbo600
14th March 2004, 20:18
I was pretty tempted to chuck the tzr on the dyno, but didn't get around to it in the end :/

Your gsxr was pretty impressive on the dyno jimbo :D

Pretty impressive on the road too my friend.

White trash
15th March 2004, 06:26
Pretty impressive on the road too my friend.

What a fucken wanker!

Who says it's impressive on the road? You? Christ, you thought an FXDSCN was impressive yesterday :scooter:

jimbo600
15th March 2004, 07:05
What a fucken wanker!

Who says it's impressive on the road? You? Christ, you thought an FXDSCN was impressive yesterday :scooter:

At least I have a cock to wank ya fuckin' shemale!

And if I say it's impressive on the road then it's impressive knobend.

speedpro
15th March 2004, 08:05
There should be a seperate thread for people to hurl abuse at each other. If someone thinks their bike is impressive then who are we to doubt that they are impressed. I remember, even though it was 1000 years ago, being impressed with a CB125 at the riding school. Now a CB125 won't impress many people, well they won't admit it anyway, but back then I was impressed.

Deano
15th March 2004, 08:59
There should be a seperate thread for people to hurl abuse at each other. If someone thinks their bike is impressive then who are we to doubt that they are impressed. I remember, even though it was 1000 years ago, being impressed with a CB125 at the riding school. Now a CB125 won't impress many people, well they won't admit it anyway, but back then I was impressed.

Its all good for a laugh - methinks these two will sort it out on Thursday night........

White trash
15th March 2004, 10:48
He's dead!

I've had enough of his bitching about unrelated shit.

Oops! Now I'm a hipocrite :whistle:

White trash
15th March 2004, 15:26
Best run of the day was the first run which was a ZX9. 130.7hp. The guy had it setup for drag racing (seriously flat tyres and the forks where raised way up).

My Brutale hit 110.7hp which isn't to bad. My 01 model F4 did 110.0hp stock and 120.8hp with the neptune pipes.

It's a pity the air/fuel sensor wasn't working coz I think the Brutale is running VERY rich.

Anyone still around about 4:30 would of seen Dion doing a few wheelies on his 999. Very entertaining !!

Hey, Matthew. How come Dion never comes down to play silly buggers on a Thursday night?

Thought that'd be right up his alley. If you see him B4 me, let him know will ya?

Marknz
15th March 2004, 18:40

Oh I don't know, I reckon a CB125 dressed up in bucket racing trim and pushed harder than most road bikes impresses the hell out of me.

speedpro
15th March 2004, 21:29
Too true, if anyone doubts it you need only check out one of John Connors 125Ts here in AK. TZR250 wheels and ignitions and what a lovely sound. God knows what Honda were doing when they designed them, roller cranks shouldn't spin that fast for twenty years+

jimbo600
16th March 2004, 07:38
Oh I don't know, I reckon a CB125 dressed up in bucket racing trim and pushed harder than most road bikes impresses the hell out of me.

You got yourself a gixxer thou' yet mate?

White trash
16th March 2004, 15:45
Why's that? Scared he's gonna come past ya on one wheel? You mobile chicane you. :shake:

jimbo600
16th March 2004, 18:24
Why's that? Scared he's gonna come past ya on one wheel? You mobile chicane you. :shake:

Nope, just want someone else to ride with who's got a real HP on tap. I'm sick of waiting around for you all day.

Marknz
16th March 2004, 20:01
Nope, just want someone else to ride with who's got a real HP on tap. I'm sick of waiting around for you all day.

Truth be known I could be on a 'busa and you guys would still be waiting for me at the next stop with empty glasses in hand. I'm not as quick as you might think I am :scooter: :shifty:

speedpro
16th March 2004, 21:11
Truth be known I could be on a 'busa and you guys would still be waiting for me at the next stop with empty glasses in hand. I'm not as quick as you might think I am :scooter: :shifty:
That's a good point, he's bloody slow. :innocent:

White trash
17th March 2004, 06:28
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:sweatdrop , he can come ride with us any time then!

Bloody Cycosis gave me a hell of a fright on our last ride.

I forgot to say, if you come with us, you're not allowed to ride faster than we do :Pokey: