PDA

View Full Version : i think my bikes jinxed

gman
2nd January 2006, 21:45
was out riding today with the misses on the back and a mate heading for rotorua but didnt get thatfar......
20 mins into a very windy ride and just thinking about turning around and going home ................. the wind knocked over a pole and dropped live power lines on the road in front of me one of which got tangled up in the front wheel and forks yanking the bike out from under us at 80 ks.

8 hrs later after a trip to hospital we ended up with my wife with a small fracture in the wrist and various small cuts and bruises amazingly no major damage considering she had only light gear on and no gloves!!
me i had all the gear on padded all weather rjays gear jacket,pants and boots.
i ended up with a big chunk out of my right knee and road rash on my left fore arm which is too nasty to stitch up cose of lack of skin. the jackets a mess sos the pants and the boots have a strange wear mark on them.

the bikes in reasonable condition i think .ill no more tomorrow when i go to the towys.

im telling you this cose its only after you have an off that you realise just how good your gear needs to be.my wife was very lucky.

ill probably spend more on replacing our gear than what itll cost to fix the bike.

if you dont have good gear think seriously about how much your skin and the life of a loved ones worth...

o and happy new year.:no:

madboy
2nd January 2006, 21:50
Well you definitely get the prize for the most innovative crash scenario I've come across lately. Beats a wheelie gone wrong anyday...

Best of luck with the healing, the wife and the bike.

Waylander
2nd January 2006, 23:34
Sucks man, glad thw two of you are ok though.

On a side note, I look and see you were wearing all the gear and still took a bit of damage. Something that shows even proper gear wont always protect you. Should shut those that get all frazzled about me riding in minimal gear around town up for a bit. Probably not though.

vs04
3rd January 2006, 07:09
Hope you and the wife heal quickly and the bikes not to badly damaged.There,s been a good response to this cruiser club idea so will be intouch sometime january about a ride,when the weathers better and not so windy.Cheers.

gman
3rd January 2006, 14:24
Sucks man, glad thw two of you are ok though.

On a side note, I look and see you were wearing all the gear and still took a bit of damage. Something that shows even proper gear wont always protect you. Should shut those that get all frazzled about me riding in minimal gear around town up for a bit. Probably not though.

were you part of the rescue crew waylander?

gman
3rd January 2006, 14:26
ill hopefully have it fixed but untill i can see how much damage there is i can only speculate.gota wait till the 9th jan when the towys open.but gives me time to heal so i can walk properly too lol cheers guys

gman
9th January 2006, 22:49
saw my bike today at the towys,small scuff on the tank,bit a dirt up the exhaust,small crack in the screen,bent foot peg,and runs like she never missed a beat!!!!! looks like i suffered more damage than it did.and got some good armoured gear lined up for me too.damn some ones smiling on me this week!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

deathstar
9th January 2006, 23:02
would of thought that if the accident was caused by the power cable then the electricy company should be in the crap for not securing it properly, i would see if you can claim gear and repairs on them for neglegence

gman
9th January 2006, 23:04
thats exactly whats gona happen tomorrow dude.a few careful ph calls to start with.:mad: :mad: :mad:

vs04
10th January 2006, 13:28
would of thought that if the accident was caused by the power cable then the electricy company should be in the crap for not securing it properly, i would see if you can claim gear and repairs on them for neglegence
Hopefully someones ass ends up in a sling over it.

gman
10th January 2006, 19:48
got hold of a guy in powerco today.didnt say "fuck off sonny"
he said send me an email or a letter and ill see what i can do..

sent him a three page email with 19 pics supporting my case.

he emailed me back said the zip file wasnt supported by there system could i please resend the pics?.
so i sent em full size over dial up i might add took 20 mins but i did it.
should be interesting to see what comes of it.