PDA

View Full Version : Quick WOF Question...

p0stal
17th February 2003, 22:11
Where's the best place to get a WOF done? It's my first since owning a bike, & I'd like to go somewhere with mechanic facilities that can fix anything that might come up, instead of going to the LTSA & then having to go to a mechanics elsewhere. Where do you all get your bikes fixed/serviced/WOF'ed??

wkid_one
18th February 2003, 06:08
I get mine done at VTNZ testing stations......if you are confident your bike will pass this is the best and quickest option as you don't need to book or and can just rock up.

Most bike shops will do them, however it can be like cars where in order to make the time worth something they find 'issues' to fix/resolve etc that may be either marginal warrantable issues or not ones at all.....

Gixxer
18th February 2003, 06:47
<DIV>Action wreckers 62c Barry's Point Rd,down the drive for my&nbsp;warrant, the dude there is&nbsp;good.

and spectrum Motorcycles off Barry's point rd, they are awesome mechanics.</DIV>&nbsp;

p0stal
18th February 2003, 08:29
Cheers guys, you don't know any decent-priced mechanics near central, do you? I live in Parnell, so if I can find one within bus range, I can just drop the bike off &amp; bus home.

Gixxer
18th February 2003, 10:28
there is mt eden motorcycles, as for good however, not too sure, have never gone there myself.

Coldkiwi
18th February 2003, 11:24
You can drop the bike at Mt Eden. they will then take it to VTNZ in Kingsland for the WOF. Not sure what they'd charge for a commission.

I've always been a fan of VINZ in Carbine Road Mt Wellington. After my licensing debarcles with the AA "EXPRESS"(!?!?!) I tried VINZ and have been well treated ever since. WOF's and regos are simple there too.

Bit of a drag to get there from Parnell though. So Mt eden might be closest and they're always straight up.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

p0stal
18th February 2003, 16:53
Cheers for the help guys, I might just take it to Kingsland, then get a bus into Parnell. If I do need some work to get it passed, where's a good mechanics close by?

GadgetGirl
19th February 2003, 12:09
Depending on the type of work to be done for a 'pass' you can take it to Kerry at Motomail Tyre &amp; Service Centre - 6 Western Springs Road - approx&nbsp;1 km west from VTNZ Kingsland. (continue through Kingsland heading for St Lukes and turn right into Western Springs Rd).

p0stal
19th February 2003, 17:30
Cheers, Gadget! I like the service @ motomail, I just got a pair of overboots from them the other day, they hadda order them in, only took a coupla days, &amp; great service, too. :D

wkid_one
19th February 2003, 18:05
Give Kerry a call, last time I spoke to him he was getting accreditted to do the whole WOF process, meaning you would be able to take the bike to the one place for the WOF and the work!!!!

Give him a yell, I don't know if the accreditation has come through yet as I haven't been in for a while - or does anyone on the board know???