PDA

View Full Version : How FF and Andrew spent their day - An attempt to make BB (& others) jealous!!

Andrew
13th March 2004, 20:18
I was awoken this monring to the sound of my phone making horrible noises. It was a txt from FF wondering if I wanted to go for a ride today. I txt back saying sweet as meet at my place in half an hour. Then get ready for the ride, shower quick look over the bike etc. Make a phone call to BB to see if he could make the ride. Sadly BB decided he couldn't make it (you missed a good day BB). After guzzling down cereal FF arrived, we had a coffee and a yarn before we set off.

The first stop was the Autobahn to fuel up. Not much to say about motorway riding, except boring.

Took the road through Kaiaua to get to Kopu. There was a lot of good twisties much more interesting than motorway riding. Pisstop at Kopu and off again to Whangamata. While I was doing this route I was thinking about that 8 min blast that Andy had posted sometime ago. Took us 20mins I reckon. The weather was pretty good. Not too hot, not too cold and the sun was out! :sunny:

When in Whangamata the first stop was the beach just to get some photos. The intention here was to take a photo then send it to BB and generally make him jealous, as I am sometimes known to do. :laugh:

Had lunch in a nice little Cafe called Sandz Cafe. The waitress chick on the table next to us was having her lunch aswell. I felt a bit sorry for her because this old man walked up to her table put down his coffee and drew a chair right up to her. She looked very uncomfortable, and looked at over to me at our table as if to say "Help me, help me"! If FF wasn't around to cramp my style I would have helped her. There is also this un-written rule that us Kb'ers stick together! :Offtopic:

The next part of the ride was one of my favourites. It was the twisties going over to Waihi. I remembered the time when Vladi and I did it in the wet, much better second time round.

From Waihi took the boring highway over to a roundabout in Tauaranga. Turned right at the roundabout and headed in to the Kaimis. Before we got to the hill we dropped in at What?'s place. Thanks for your hospitality What?, you've got a real nice place tucked away in the Kaimis there! After a good yarn and coffee at What?'s place it was time to hit the road again.

This time over the Kaimis and into Matamata. Pisstop and fuelstop here and back on the road to Morrinsville. Took the nice sweeping road from Morrinsville through Tahuna to Ohinewai. There were a lot of big trucks on this road which spoiled it a little.

Back on the Expressway on for 10 mins and then came off again at Rangiriri. The Rangiriri twisties to Tuakau bridge were pretty cool. This was one of my favourtie roads on todays ride.

Then from Tuakau bridge I get a little lost. I think we took some more twisties through Glenn Murray to Bombay? Anywayz I didn't like this road as it didn't have any road markings.

Got onto the motorway for like 2 mins at Bombay, and off again at the Autobahn at Bombay. Coffee and Burger at McD's and debriefing.

Thanks for your company FF, a great day. Too bad you couldn't make it BB huh?

Firefight
13th March 2004, 20:53
Yeah thanks Andrew , a great day, weather was very good, a lot of fun, thanks to "What and Mrs What for the hospitality. :sunny: , always nice to stop in and say high , :Police: must have been over the MT, never saw one between Kaimais and matamata (a first I would think).Can't beat those back roads for fun, sorry you missed out BB, you would have enjoyed the day :Pokey:

Firefight :rolleyes:

bikerboy
13th March 2004, 21:13
Yes i would have enjoyed it except for a prior commitment. :niceone:

I did think the rides was organized for Sundays so kept that clear. So is there still a ride on tomorropw or do i finally get to sleep in on a weekend? :laugh: