PDA

View Full Version : Its the silly season on the roads

FROSTY
3rd January 2006, 20:56
I know to most of you guys this is really old news. BUT
Tis the silly season out there on what are usually our private roads.
Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road. They are particularly agressive on the main roads too

cowpoos
3rd January 2006, 21:23
I know to most of you guys this is really old news. BUT
Tis the silly season out there on what are usually our private roads.
Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road. They are particularly agressive on the main roads too

yep....them dam townies can't drive out in the country....

oldrider
3rd January 2006, 21:49
Have you been away! :blink: What happened about your Van? :blip: Cheers John.

White trash
3rd January 2006, 21:58
And there's none sillier than the wanker I saw wheelieing the Gixxer 1K down the South Western tonight.

"Neither big nor clever buddy!!":mad:

Quartida
3rd January 2006, 22:55
Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road.

Agreed! Some tosspot did that down by the beach the other day, fully on the wrong side of the road for a good 200m, coming up to a corner. I was just :gob: watching him in my side mirrors.

AND he was driving a 4WD. I think these people do it to spite me.

cowpoos
3rd January 2006, 22:59
It's always silly season out there, it's just not publicised like it is at Chrimbo.
Take any 3 week time frame throughout the year and the road toll averages out exactly the same. The boffins in the news rooms just hype it up over this period and add in stuff like a farmbike rolling on someone or a trailie on a far north beach. The guy that got nailed by a logging extractor whatsamajigger machine with wheels wasnt included in the road toll for October so the statistics are bollocks.

So the lesson is ALWAYS take care cause theres no end to the silly season.

yep....and townies still can't drive in the country...

T.W.R
3rd January 2006, 23:48
ain't that the truth, should see some of the nutters on the main sth half them think its a race track & if not that then its the big drift across the centre while their gawking around at new things:weird:

but on the other foot when the country hicks head into town they can cause just as much trouble if not more some are like rabbits stunned with the bright lights & big buildings.

but farkin tourists in campers are the creame of the crop, just down right scary some of the shit they attempt, pricks should be :2guns:

the so-called 4wd maniacs are more your urban tractor pricks, not genuine 4wd people, half the bastards wouldn't know how to get their vehicles into 4wd let alone actually do some serious 4wd driving!

FROSTY
4th January 2006, 10:19
Yea --me Pillion and baby bikie had a bit of a holiday down in Taupo.
Got to see every kind of idiot driving imaginable.
Urban assault vehicles jacknifed tryig to reverse a trailer.
Camper vans in ditches. cars on the wrong side of the road.
a urban assault vehicle that found ouyt that might is indeed right when he pulled out of a side street in front of a truckn traler unit -the trucky avoided directly hitting the 4x4 but his trailer came around and swatted the 4wd--
truck 1 4wd 0 --a lovely crease from end to end of the 4wd and zero damage to the truck.
Funniest thing was a couple in a big campervan followed pillion (in her rav4) down a narrow and narrowing laneway.--It got narrower and narrower and windy as heck then petered out to nothing.pillion just gunned the motor and up and over a big roadblocking pile of dirt about 1.5m high -the camper jockey was stuck fast --eeejut

James Deuce
4th January 2006, 10:23

I see the art of the bigoted generalisation hasn't been forgotten by the farming community.

FROSTY
4th January 2006, 10:38
sorry speedie--wasnt making myself clear--yep accident levels dont change much BUT what I was refering to was the fact that There will be a shit load more traffic on the roads us bikers like to ride--the country roads -22/16 b-coro loop etc
Oh and poos--sorry matey one thing that had me gobsmacked- a guy on a big quad just drove on out of a paddock entrance onto the road in front of me -never bothered looking. Me doing 60-70km/h him 5 --I can confirm the rav4 abs system works well on cowshit --and it was a posted 100k zone

cowpoos
4th January 2006, 11:03
Sez he who missed the Bombay's.

I was told bombay "HILLS" I didn't see no hills...sheeesh...u aucklanders

cowpoos
4th January 2006, 11:06
I see the art of the bigoted generalisation hasn't been forgotten by the farming community.

something we learnt very well off the city dwellers of this fine country,who's backbone and economey was built by the rural sector...and how quickly that was forgotten by the ignorant city population of today :innocent:

oldrider
4th January 2006, 11:42
something we learnt very well off the city dwellers of this fine country,who's backbone and economey was built by the rural sector...and how quickly that was forgotten by the ignorant city population of today :innocent:
Like the Muldoon era, when City dwellers were taxed to subsidise the farmers SMP hand outs! :slap: Keeping a balance here. :blip: Cheers John.

Motu
4th January 2006, 11:51
My country roads are a little more ''country'' than your's Frosty,and I find city drivers are absolutly terrified of gravel and just crawl along,being very overcautious.Even more so now as they get to drive on gravel less and less...once apon a time nearly every driver was confident on gravel,they had to be.

That said,last week I came across a very rare case of gravel road arrogance,although it was really only road works - on the lower part of SH22 where there is road works for sealing you have to go through a one way section over a cutting...and some sod in a 4x4 came into it while I was still coming out,prick.No biggie,I had plenty of room - but it's seldom I see such discourtesy on ''my'' country roads.

cowpoos
4th January 2006, 11:52
Like the Muldoon era, when City dwellers were taxed to subsidise the farmers SMP hand outs! :slap: Keeping a balance here. :blip: Cheers John.

oh god....theres so much more to that topic than I can be F,ed writing and I hav a feeling your probally aware of it...lol

oldrider
4th January 2006, 18:58
oh god....theres so much more to that topic than I can be F,ed writing and I hav a feeling your probally aware of it...lol
:Offtopic: Yeah, just teasing, :devil2: lets get back to the thread. :yeah: Cheers, John.

MSTRS
4th January 2006, 19:07
Funniest thing was a couple in a big campervan followed pillion (in her rav4) down a narrow and narrowing laneway.--It got narrower and narrower and windy as heck then petered out to nothing.pillion just gunned the motor and up and over a big roadblocking pile of dirt about 1.5m high -the camper jockey was stuck fast --eeejut
Sounds like the old main highway when it went through a bit called Earthquake Gully. When it was cut loose by the re-aligned main road, the local early settlers put in that mound to stop 'sightseers' from discovering their crops.

oldrider
4th January 2006, 19:50
Traveling on a country metal road over Christmas on which I travel a lot, (usually on our bike) I experienced some rather shady practice by the local residents.

I seldom travel with my lights on but do put them on when I have a premonition of something ahead. (Have these things quite often).

Locals in their 4x4's drove in the middle of the road deliberately forcing us (in our Suzuki Baleno wagon) into the side of the road. Three vehicles in succession.

These people are well known as neighbours to the family we were visiting but they did not know who we were or why we were on "their" road.

There is a new DOC facility at the top of the valley beyond their property.

While they may well be pissed off with the increased traffic to it, I don't think their behaviour was justified or reasonable.

I know that if they had realised who we were they would not have done it but I was surprised, pissed off and disappointed at their behaviour.

At the same time, I do not blame them for their attitude, having seen some of the dickheads who go up their road now to the DOC facility.

Two wrongs don't make a right, even in today's shitty social climate.

Where will it end if we all lower our standards to that of the arseholes. :spudwhat: What perfect world? John.