PDA

View Full Version : K1 GSXR 750 Clutch problems

Kornholio
4th January 2006, 14:35
Recently as I have been riding I have noticed my clutch slipping under extreme acceleration in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear...4/5/6th are fine.
Now I realise that the clutch is doing this and may be worn out so my questions are:
Could it be adjusted at all to get more life out of it?
Would this be the clutch plates worn?
Could they be easily replaced by someone like me?
Roughly how much would new ones be?
What would it likely to cost to get a shop to fix this?

Just getting a bit of ammo before I ring around some shops

Thanks in advance
Rick (not Rik Boomer)

Sensei
4th January 2006, 20:47
Replace them sorry . You could try doing some fucken dodgy shit like putting washers under the springs but best thing is to put new Metals & fibers into the old girl & some new Springs as the others are bound to be weak by now . All up non original should be about $300 ish depends on which after market stuff you buy . Job is piece of piss to do . You'll needed a new Cover gasket to if you want to do the job right & have no leaks . Some time you can get another Metal & Fiber into the basket just check for clearance . Shop would be appox $400-450 to do this, as above on which after market Plate set they get .

boomer
4th January 2006, 20:51
Rick (not Rik Boomer)

Sorry Dick:shifty:

Kornholio
4th January 2006, 21:14
Replace them sorry .

Sweet as dude, I dont know bugger all about fixing bikes so that has helped(pretty much what I suspected too)

As for you our little Italian friend, you still owe me a couple of beers :P

boomer
4th January 2006, 21:21
Sweet as dude, I dont know bugger all about fixing bikes so that has helped(pretty much what I suspected too)

As for you our little Italian friend, you still owe me a couple of beers :P

I know.. some beers for me mate Mick duely warranted.
Are clutch replacements cheap? I prolly know the answer to that.. like most parts/servicing on the bike... yeah right

On another note, the wagon broke down last week on teh way up north, the garage rang today.. fuck this prik, i'm sure he was fukin windin me up..

Garage "Yeah..duncan, we've replaced the broken hose pipe thats blown "
Me "Oh great, is that all it was.. ?"
Garage "yes.. pause... pause.. pause"
Me "ok when will she be ready..?"
Garage " ah well you see, the headgasket needs replacing on the head... pause, prolly gonna cost you 2-3k...."
Me "Do WHAT FOR A FUCKIN PIECE OF CARDBOARD"
Garage "Ahh well you see we need to skim the head too.....pause"
Me "You tellin me the mrs has cooked teh engine?"
Garage... pause.. pause.. pause.. umm yeah!!"
Me "OH FFS! i thought you said it was just a hose..."
fukin big pause

shafted...

Kornholio
4th January 2006, 21:30
Oh well you should get a few blowjobs now cos she owes j00 bigtime lol

boomer
4th January 2006, 21:35
Oh well you should get a few blowjobs now cos she owes j00 bigtime lol

might try my luck for those new leathers

The_Dover
4th January 2006, 21:37
might try my luck for those new leathers

I'll buy you leathers for a blowjob.

If you can deepthroat and swallow.

boomer
4th January 2006, 21:38

you mean all this time ive been knockin it back for free :shit: fucker

cowpoos
4th January 2006, 21:40

if its you bro...why is he gunna need to deep throat???

boomer
4th January 2006, 21:42
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

DEATH_INC.
6th January 2006, 20:41
Back to the clutch issue,I nomally find the clutch slips MORE in the higher gears.....unless they changed it there's an adjuster under the front sprocket cover,make sure this isn't too tight or the clutch will slip.

cowpoos
6th January 2006, 20:47
Back to the clutch issue,I nomally find the clutch slips MORE in the higher gears.....unless they changed it there's an adjuster under the front sprocket cover,make sure this isn't too tight or the clutch will slip.

also lube the clutch cable....and yeah....those adjusters are sill there death

saul
6th January 2006, 20:48

Yep if the clutch is similar to the TL it will have an actuater that needs to be correctly adjusted and if you have a manual is easy to do.:finger:

How are you any way mate

Kornholio
6th January 2006, 20:54
Yep if the clutch is similar to the TL it will have an actuater that needs to be correctly adjusted and if you have a manual is easy to do.:finger:

How are you any way mate

Thanks dudes... Heya Saul not bad bro, when you coming for a ride next... theres plenty of them going on :ride:

saul
6th January 2006, 21:07
Yeh I know, I have just about been on a few of them. :no:

Busy time with family and that has been great.

I am enjoying the gsxr lots of fun.

Have you popped the clutch cover of and had a look. Basics first.:finger:

Kornholio
6th January 2006, 21:18
We will see you soon dude... and what would I be looking for when I get the cover off?
oh and the manual said fuck all, only how to adjust cable and for anything else pay some mechanic to do it :/

TLDV8
6th January 2006, 21:28
We will see you soon dude... and what would I be looking for when I get the cover off?
oh and the manual said fuck all, only how to adjust cable and for anything else pay some mechanic to do it :/

Take a look at the first 6 pics in the link,thats a TL clutch but they all follow the same principle.........you could change the plates out no worries.

http://imageevent.com/tldv8/tlclutch?n=0&z=2&c=4&x=0&m=24&w=0&p=0

First check to see that there is some freeplay at the clutch pushrod and lever.

saul
7th January 2006, 06:52

Not the owners manual mate :thud: the service manual.:wavey:

I would think that if you are not using it to clutch her up for wheelies,burnouts the clutch should be fine.
The first stop is to ensure that the clutch is correctly adjusted, which would include stuff I have said in the previous post.

On my TL I had an issue with the clutch slipping and it was a very easy to fix

You could jump onto some of the gsxr forums for more indepth info.

saul
7th January 2006, 06:57
Check out pic 30 and 31 in TLDV8's link :clap: