PDA

View Full Version : help!!

instrumoon
4th January 2006, 21:59
hi there and happy new year. i am stuck and need some help advice i'm currently rebuilding my ts250 but was told as i imported it as parts that i cannot register it for use on the road here. so nevermind bought a load of parts including frames etc from here and now been told as i have no paper work history etc i can't register these either. man i thought the nzis were anal. so what to do now, does anyone out there have a ts250 c/er frame with a passport or can anyone suggest anyway of registering me trusty rusty.
thanks

hondacmx450
16th January 2006, 20:57
you could try to reg it as a new bike like what i am doing with one you reg it as a home bild ask at the bike shop or try to ask some one that imports home bilds it is a big prob you got but i hope you can get it done the first thing is get a brack test from a bike shop and then go to vins and say oh i did not know about that how can i get around that

thealmightytaco
18th January 2006, 17:06
Buy a really boned up one on the cheap, swap the VIN over, hopefully it's just one of those rivet plates, and act like you've just repaired that one.

Sorted. Geezer in a filing cabinet.

Speedracer
18th January 2006, 17:36
Buy a really boned up one on the cheap, swap the VIN over, hopefully it's just one of those rivet plates, and act like you've just repaired that one.

Watching too much gone in 60 seconds eh??? :yeah:

instrumoon
25th January 2006, 21:15
for your replys i was begining to think no one cared. as it happens i've had a right result in that having a tidy up looked at a sticker on one of the seat bases and it was an old wof, with most of a reg no so phoned up ltnz spoke to a well helpfull woman who ran all the possibilties through the computer and came up with a reg no and also gave me the chassis no as i have three frames and one matched, get in ! bugger though not the one i have been building into still swaping frames is a lot less grief than pointless exspensive paperwork. buying a dead one was my next mission but finding one was proving rather difficult as it appears you surrender the plates when the bikes off the road in the uk it stays with the frame. as for starting from scratch couldn't seem to get alot of official info apart from theres a "scratch build" catogory i could have tried. but again not alot of info but the woman also said that in these situations the manager of the vin place is god and if you can get a good one he has the power to grant a reg if he is satisfied the vehicle was road worthy and in good condition. how true this is i'm not 100% on but worth i shot i rekon. good luck with your bike cmx i hope they don't stress ya to much. what ya building out of curiosity?

Dadpole
25th January 2006, 22:29
Had the same advice from LTNZ about having only the old WOF. I checked with the local VTNZ lot, and got differing answers from 2 testers. One said "no problem as old WOF is proof of previous registration", the other said "no chance".
The fact that the bike had a vin tag counted for nothing.

The suggestion from thealmightytaco has been used by a lot of people (allegedly) At WOF time the VIN tag is the important thing.