PDA

View Full Version : Boot maintenence.

crazyxr250rider
5th January 2006, 12:53
I have recently acuiered a pair of Thor Qaudrant boots and are unsure of maintenence and would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

Postie
5th January 2006, 12:56
get some snow seal and use that, makes them a little more water resistant and protects them from UV, bugs, tar, blah blah blah, your local bike shop will have some, if they don't, then burn the shop down.....
normally retails around $11-12

Motu
5th January 2006, 13:20
Wash after use,and if neccessary use saddle soap.I don't like Snow Seal,I don't think it feeds leather with the right stuff - I always used a saddle dressing on my Sidi's,and they lasted 23 yrs,Snow Seal destroyed them.At the moment I dress my Gaerne's with Gaerne waterproofing cream,easy to apply and much better than Snow Seal.

crazyxr250rider
5th January 2006, 13:22
Saddle dressing?

Timber020
5th January 2006, 15:03
yeah saddle dressing, its just like salad dressing but tastes horsey.

crazyxr250rider
5th January 2006, 15:27
will balsamic do the job :rofl:

FROSTY
5th January 2006, 15:30
nahh --dont bother with that shite--buy yaself a real bike--one that leaks oil onto ya boots --Youll never have a waterproof problem again--
Special note do NOT walk on mums new cram carpet with them on

crazyxr250rider
5th January 2006, 15:32
hmmm..... ill give that a thought

Brian d marge
5th January 2006, 15:38
Go with the saddle soap , Me before a wet moto I spray me boot with chain spray ( hey its cheap and stops the water !!!!_and I clean boots with jet washer at the same time I do the bike ,,,then let boots dry out slowly ....then saddle soap )

Mine are getting a bit rough from the crashes!!!!!

Stephen

crazyxr250rider
5th January 2006, 15:43
oh yeah and how do I protect the white stitching around the sole

Brian d marge
5th January 2006, 18:23
Well as I said I use chain spray I did it one day after a hoorible day in the pissing wet , so the next time I thought mmahhh sod it ,,,so I just sprayed away ,,,( It was that white chain spray ,,looked funny ,,) but it stopped th damp seeping in ,,so I just carried on giving the boots a quick squirt ...

2 years later the boots are fine

This is just me , your call on that !

Stephen

Adamski
5th January 2006, 20:18
Always used Dubbi with fairly good success on me boots. Nowadays its leather conditioner that seems to do the trick! :sherlock:

boomer
5th January 2006, 20:56
whats ya mrs doing with herself? tell her to buck her ideas up mate:whistle:

Scouse
5th January 2006, 20:56
oh yeah and how do I protect the white stitching around the sole

Use semen it's the same color