PDA

View Full Version : attn: 2 stroke experts

dangerous
5th January 2006, 15:21
Nothing major here, but figgered I'd post these pics to see what those that know 2 strokes think of the condition of my MB100 bucket racer.... as I know SFA about these wee bikes from hell.... 2 strokes.

pic 1) shows rusty marks on the sleave..... that good or bad?
pic 2) another pic of the bore, I take it they are hone marks we can see?
pic 3) Top of the piston, looks cleanish but what is the shiny metalic crumbs that you can see.... they rub off and theres no damage under them
pic 4) the head, looks ok dosent it bit wet few crumbs but no bits missing?

These pics were taken today after the w/e racing at Nelson (bike was started and stoped once home) so can ya tell by these pics how the tuning is?
The thing was missing at top end and I was told it sounded like it was to rich.... should I lean it up a jet or two?

Cheers... give me a 4 stroke any day... mind you its a bloody fun bike to ride:whistle:

F5 Dave
5th January 2006, 15:33
Well why did you stop there? Pull the pipe off & lift the barrel. Clean off that rust with some scotchbrite or fine sandpaper (why does it look like a thumbprint?) I’ve never seen rust like that, are you sure it’s not something smeared on? Check the rings are free & take the top one out & fire it into the top of the barrel evenly 1cm down. Check the end gap with a feeler gauge then google for the end gap spec, but if it’s like 25thou it’s real screwed. Oh yeah, letter on ring end faces upward.

MBs go through plugs so I’d replace it before you start trying to tune the jets & then try going down a size at a time.

nsrpaul
5th January 2006, 15:35
check out the piston guide in the two stroke tecnonlgy page at www.eric-gorr.com

Sensei
5th January 2006, 15:40
Bore looks like it may have worn of the Plating of it , Top of piston & head with plug in it look like the leftovers from a melted Sparkplug end . May need to give it a Rehone to try to clean it up abit & as above try a new Plug first before leaning thing's out .

F5 Dave
5th January 2006, 15:46
Steel bore, no plating, 70s technology.

Motu
5th January 2006, 16:21
Signs of previous detonation,or a real bad casting on the squish band....and are those white spots on the piston related?? That's wierd markings on the bore,dunno what that is.

diesel pig
5th January 2006, 16:40
F5 is on the money But you have been told all this before. So get your shit together!:stoogie:

dangerous
5th January 2006, 17:14
F5 is on the money But you have been told all this before. So get your shit together!:stoogie:
stroppy bastard ;)
yeah I know I've been told, hell I could a started a thread on peas n corn, bitching bout P/M's or passed comment on bikers being the worst drivers out there... or posted some random sniper post, but na heres a thread any one can refer back to and one were I can 'sort me shit out' Speaking of which I'll be out tomorow to see your tuning techie and get me some bigger/smaller... bloody leaner jets :Punk:

Now, after you rode past today when I was knee deep in... head bolts (4) Kickaha went past and called in, he agrees that its still to rich buggered if he knows why theres rust on the bore (his words- so fuking what) and confirms the general conidition is ok, and the silver crums seem to crumble and clean off so no need to worry bout that. :woohoo:
thanks to the other comments too.

Buddha#81
5th January 2006, 17:25
Why are you looking inside the fickin thing. Who cares what it goes like, make it look all bling so it looks fast in the pits.
Drop 4 main jet sizes, drop the needle to the bottom notch, go and see if it goes any better, if it shits itself then rebuild it.:mega:
Any other tunig tips just pm me dont listen to the others you will just get confused

gav
5th January 2006, 21:37
Hmmm, interesting.......so what oil you running and at what ratio? What spark plug you got in there? Is a platinum plug worth running? You running an air filter? Or a fuel filter?
oh yeah, blingness...gotta get some of these!

stanko
6th January 2006, 20:34
Maybe the rust is just what is left from not being used for a few years. Maybe its just shit from when you kacked yourself on the startline in your last race.

Sniper
7th January 2006, 19:43
Dangerous, not just by name aye D

dangerous
7th January 2006, 20:15
Dangerous, not just by name aye D
WTF are you on about now :tugger:

XTC
7th January 2006, 22:11
Hmmm, interesting.......so what oil you running and at what ratio? What spark plug you got in there? Is a platinum plug worth running? You running an air filter? Or a fuel filter?

What the hell is with that sprocket set up in that pic gav? Extra wide rear tyre or something?

Sniper
7th January 2006, 23:12
WTF are you on about now :tugger:

Got dropped on my head today:crazy:

dangerous
8th January 2006, 08:19
Shell Advance Racing X
30-1 (3L-90ml)
plugs a NGK b8hcS
no air filter
no fuel filter
Is that enough info for you Gav... I know your building a secret wepon in the back shed:pinch:

gav
8th January 2006, 08:45
What the hell is with that sprocket set up in that pic gav? Extra wide rear tyre or something?
I would say extended swingarm, for that drag bike look...

gav
8th January 2006, 08:50
Shell Advance Racing X
30-1 (3L-90ml)
plugs a NGK b8hcS
no air filter
no fuel filter
Is that enough info for you Gav... I know your building a secret wepon in the back shed:pinch:
Building? ummm at the the moment I seem to be collecting piles of crap.....

ajturbo
8th January 2006, 10:18

good to see the lawn mower INFRONT of the bike:Pokey:

MotoEquip
8th January 2006, 10:54
good to see the lawn mower INFRONT of the bike:Pokey:
LOL

D stop fecking about and buy a piston kit off me. :wait: I've got 0.25 and 0.5mm overbore's in stock and can get up to 1.5 within 2 weeks. $40 to get it bored by Russel Thomas and then you'll have a nice fresh motor with which to kick Kickaha's butt!

Buddha#81
8th January 2006, 11:40

MMMMMM that pile of crap has a very sort after red oil filler cap. Do you know what they are worth on the black market? They are good for at least 5 hp, just bolt on a expansion chamber, flat slide carb and go and clean up. It will have so much power you wont even have to install the front end. Dangerous can help with that riding style:rofl: .

gav
8th January 2006, 21:16
MMMMMM that pile of crap has a very sort after red oil filler cap. Do you know what they are worth on the black market? They are good for at least 5 hp, just bolt on a expansion chamber, flat slide carb and go and clean up. It will have so much power you wont even have to install the front end. Dangerous can help with that riding style:rofl: .
Damn, busted....:mellow:
So what about the PURPLE handle bars, will that help? Oh, and this chamber and carb? :whistle:

Buddha#81
8th January 2006, 22:02
Damn, busted....:mellow:
So what about the PURPLE handle bars, will that help? Oh, and this chamber and carb? :whistle:

Your parents probally warned you about GAY BARS (they are the gayest bars ive seen for quite some time):puke: . Is the head being modified for a larger reed block? Where did the chamber come from? Its a fricken work of art! I dont know about you other 4 stroke Chch bucket guys (and there aint many) but Im getting slightly concerned, I hope you all get a bad batch of 2 stoke oil or Greenpeace work out what you are doing to the enviroment and shut you down so us Treehuggers race on our own.:finger: You just leave those 18" wheels and that bendy proddy frame alone and we will get on fine.

gav
9th January 2006, 17:58
Well last time I built my own frame, it didnt quite turn out how I wanted.....still had potential though.....:scratch: