PDA

View Full Version : Manfield track day, 14th Jan

Mental Trousers
5th January 2006, 19:42
Who's going?? I'm thinking about it if I can scrape together the some dollars.

cowpoos
5th January 2006, 21:06
Who's going?? I'm thinking about it if I can scrape together the some dollars.

Poo's will be there....I'm pretty sure jimbo600 will be to from what he said at taupo....not sure about the auckland pussies....theyre all slow cunts anyway....

skelstar
5th January 2006, 21:57
I might come watch but wont be carving the track up.

cowpoos
5th January 2006, 21:59
I might come watch but wont be carving the track up.

yes you will be....if your there your riding or me and dover will cum visit!!! :love:

jimbo600
6th January 2006, 10:02
Poo's will be there....I'm pretty sure jimbo600 will be to from what he said at taupo....not sure about the auckland pussies....theyre all slow cunts anyway....

Damned right I'm going. Deano, Tazman and co should be there as well. We should organise a ride up. Got to leave early too as numbers are limited.

skelstar
6th January 2006, 10:14
yes you will be....if your there your riding or me and dover will cum visit!!! :love:
If youre there with one of your 250cc 'cabbage tree special's id consider it...

cowpoos
6th January 2006, 12:20
If youre there with one of your 250cc 'cabbage tree special's id consider it...

its acctually a 300cc...but I'll have to get a 17 front wheel and tyres and I can't see that happening within a couple of weeks....but I'ld ride that in medium anyway....

Sparky Bills
9th January 2006, 12:39
looks like ill be there.
Have been hanging out to get out on the track!

GSVR
13th January 2006, 10:35
less than 24 hours to wait:2thumbsup

bugjuice
13th January 2006, 10:36
can't bloody wait! :yeah:
what are the numbers limited too, and why?
Is it just bikes, or cars too?

GSVR
13th January 2006, 10:49
can't bloody wait! :yeah:
what are the numbers limited too, and why?
Is it just bikes, or cars too?

Bikes only, 4 classes, 150 bikes max I think.

Weather should be good. Hopefully overcast like today but no rain till early evening.

bugjuice
13th January 2006, 10:58
is it quite busy at sign in? I'm staying in Fielding, so not far away at all. Just hope I can wake up and get there in time!!!

cowpoos
13th January 2006, 11:07
is it quite busy at sign in? I'm staying in Fielding, so not far away at all. Just hope I can wake up and get there in time!!!

its usually pretty casual at sign in....and another thing...I doubt there will be a 150 bikes riding there....thats just the max

jahrasti
13th January 2006, 16:02
What time is the sign in?

kiwifruit
13th January 2006, 16:46
What time is the sign in?

8-30am

are you riding there from hamilton in the morning?
im heading down from taupo at sparrow fart, 5-30am ish

GSVR
13th January 2006, 17:07
Make yourself known Oil Boiler I'll be on a yellow Sv650 that has considerable gravel rash. The Welly crew aren't quite as easy to spot but I can point them out to you. Its good to have some KBers coming from the north.

kiwifruit
13th January 2006, 17:32
sure will Garry, cheers :D
catch you tomorrow
cheers, Allan.

roger_doger
13th January 2006, 18:42
Weather's looking good, and I can't wait to get out on the track. Love to meet up with all the KB guys heading out. Will be wearing the good ol' KB t-shirt so should be easy spot. And the bike's pretty distinctive too.

Riff Raff
14th January 2006, 16:15
So....... how many people were foolish enough to lend WT their bike for a session today?

kiwifruit
14th January 2006, 18:18
thanks to all those who made the trackday possible
i had a fantastic time!
twas my first time on a track and sure wont be my last.....
looked like it was going to be wet for a while there,
turned out to be a ripper.
All those who have ever considered having a go round a track
i can highly recomend the Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club Incorporated trackday, they do a great job.
No mucking round, track time was well used.

What more can i say.....
THANK YOU!!!!

skelstar
14th January 2006, 19:38
RR - I think poos was the only one. WT and Jimbo600 looked like they were having a good ol battle out there for a sess.

Beemer
14th January 2006, 20:17
I met Fatjim but apparently some KBer aged about 50 was looking for Beemer - he spoke to Loopy but she told him I was in the shed when I was actually out watching a session! Sorry I missed you, whoever you were - you should have left a note on the Goose!

Speaking of the Goose, here is my husband out for a play on it, just passing the VTR!

Mental Trousers
14th January 2006, 21:45
I was going to go to this trackday, but I had to dip out. But lucky I did as my aunt was rushed into hospital with bleeding on the brain, so I'm not unhappy about missing some track time this time. However, she's fantastic and already making a miraculous recovery from the op.

kiwifruit
15th January 2006, 10:47
damn! im sorry to hear that Mental-Trousers.
I hope she makes the speedist of recoverys.
Regards, Allan.

R6_kid
15th January 2006, 20:55
was a good time. Enjoyed watching the morning sessions so much i gave in and signed up to do the afternoon ones. Gave bugjuice a good run for his money up the front of the mixed group at the end.

Looooooong ride home today but not achey or anything, i think buggy and kelly are gonna be a different story though.

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 08:46
fuckin ache. post more later. just got to work. going to sleep.

Bartman10
16th January 2006, 11:41
Had a great time. Nice to chat to some of the Auckland KB'ers.

Unfortunately, at about five minutes to four I managed to highside the 250.

I felt like I'd been though a heavy duty washing machine cycle. :blank:

Only a bit of bruising though, my leathers and back protector did a great job of preventing any major injury.

Has any one got a spare handle bar and foot peg (RHS) for a ZXR250A?

PM me if ya do!

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 12:05
I didn't see that happen! I assume that was on the track etc?
The only orklundurs were Gareth_d and moi with the gf on the boot.. The rest were pussies.

Bartman10
16th January 2006, 12:14
Yeah, that was after the 'public' part of the track day had finished. A few CD members decided to have a quick fang for 15 minutes, including me. Turned out to be a big mistake, I was tired and loosing concentration.

Nice little battle for a while there by the way bugjuice! Power vs low weight. Of course power was the winner on the day, but I still had fun while I was next to you under brakes (while it lasted!).

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 12:32
there were so many bikes, that I just tried to learn a bit from one and move onto the next if I could. I ended up just trying to move on! You should have said earlier, and we could have had a real nice little battle! I would have tried a bit harder. But that was the first time on the track so I was trying to find the lines and trust the bike/surface, and I had to get home on that bike too, so I was just finding my feet. I should have followed you for longer!

But yeah, was a good knackering day. Well, for next time ;)

Few shots of the day and way back. Racked up 1128kms from 6pm Friday to 6pm sunday.. not too bad I guess.

emaN
16th January 2006, 12:38
[QUOTE=bugjuice]

so I was trying to find the lines and trust the bike/surface,

QUOTE]

exactly what i DIDN'T do years ago at Manfield!
second lap, into the esses a weeeee bit quick, and off for a bit of cross-country riding!
(yes,i do learn from mistakes!)

good to see ya had a fun time bro...

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 12:42
heaps of fun man!
yeah, last thing I wanted was to really fluff things up.
First session, find the track and see the rubber for the lines
Second session, see what exits I could pull off..
Third session, put the first two together, start haulin ass
Fourth session, missed it, cos I lost my keys. I take that as an omen, cos I was gonna be pushing harder still
Fifth session, had the gf on the back for a few laps, couldn't get my knee down.
sixth session, mixed of the slow and medium (i was running med), got out the front, had to slow a few times so I didn't get chucked off. Got a few corners really well, kept fluffing up the left hander-hairpin no matter what I tried.

Went home happy. I'll be back...

Beemer
16th January 2006, 18:06
Yeah, that was after the 'public' part of the track day had finished. A few CD members decided to have a quick fang for 15 minutes, including me.

That "quick fang" is the club members' allotted time out on the track as reward for all the hard work they have put in scrutineering, leading sessions, signing on, etc. Many don't get the chance to ride during the day so this is 'their time' without the public.

And unfortunately one of our members usually biffs it during this session - don't know why! That's why my husband was allowed to take the Goose out in a slow session but not at the end of the day! (Not that he's ever biffed it though!)

Gunner
16th January 2006, 19:14
Here is one of my clips that I downloaded to the comp so far, I have about 40mins worth of footage in total. This clip is 3 mins long and is 2 laps worth, Im pretty sure the orange kawasaki in front is bugjuice.

skelstar
16th January 2006, 19:30
Go Buggy! ;)

et al
16th January 2006, 20:21
That's my boy "giving some peeps the learn" (as you young people like Cowpoos would say). Lovely noise is courtesy of a Neptune can.

skelstar
16th January 2006, 20:27
poos is gonna love that.

James Deuce
16th January 2006, 20:31
Nice stuff round the outside of the sweeper Gunner. (Hint for next time is it's a double apex corner. Don,t brake so early, sweep across the track at the 300M board to the inside of the track, stay on the gas, brake at 100, apex early, go right out and up wide like you were doing and then chop back inside for the front straight early. You'll pass the rest of the buggers you didn't get out of the hairpin that way.)

I'll say he was giving them the learn et al. Bloody smooth too.

et al
16th January 2006, 20:32
Cowpoos is indeed a character, I noted that he had done some mobile blinging - he ended up with blue disc rotors. Colour coded discs, what next?

skelstar
16th January 2006, 20:40
Jim - you are so gonna come with me to the next trackday. Ill rig ya up with a UHF CB radio...we will also have a complicated backup system of flags and lights.

Gunner
16th January 2006, 20:40
Nice stuff round the outside of the sweeper Gunner. (Hint for next time is it's a double apex corner. Don,t brake so early, sweep across the track at the 300M board to the inside of the track, stay on the gas, brake at 100, apex early, go right out and up wide like you were doing and then chop back inside for the front straight early. You'll pass the rest of the buggers you didn't get out of the hairpin that way.)

I'll say he was giving them the learn et al. Bloody smooth too.

There was alot of stuff I could of done different but didnt want to take the risk or didnt want to cut in on anyone, Alot of people were unpredictable out there. Cant wait for Feb 25th so I can do it all again.

James Deuce
16th January 2006, 20:58
.......didnt want to take the risk or didnt want to cut in on anyone......

You'll never make it in reality TV land! Never!

Fatjim
16th January 2006, 21:01
Hey Jim2, did I see you up the tukas tonight?

James Deuce
16th January 2006, 21:02
Yes. Yes you did.

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 21:05
Here is one of my clips that I downloaded to the comp so far, I have about 40mins worth of footage in total. This clip is 3 mins long and is 2 laps worth, Im pretty sure the orange kawasaki in front is bugjuice.
that is beyond f'in cool! :Punk: yeah, that's me, tryin to look me best!
does my bum look big in that?

James Deuce
16th January 2006, 21:05
does my bum look big in that?

Yes. Yes it does.

bugjuice
16th January 2006, 21:15
i call it 'wheelie ballast'.. doesn't work tho

k14
16th January 2006, 21:24
awesome vid man, you're doing pretty well.

cowpoos
16th January 2006, 21:38
That's my boy "giving some peeps the learn" (as you young people like Cowpoos would say). Lovely noise is courtesy of a Neptune can.

when did I say Peep's Mr

Cowpoos is indeed a character, I noted that he had done some mobile blinging - he ended up with blue disc rotors. Colour coded discs, what next?

ya bro juz pimpin out da ride yo down with the peeps wid da blue tint onya round round ting's whasssup whija ma mun et_al

cowpoos
16th January 2006, 21:54
Yeah was a good day on saturday...awesome to see bugjuice [and lady bug] the only aucklander with balls come down with gaylord gareth intow...but he's not so ghey now that he did a couple of sessions in the slow group...lmfao :tugger:

the weather started off really shit...and within a hour...it couldn't have been better...was good to catch up with a small army of the KBer's....was a shame that et_al didn't bring up his ducati 999 for me to ride...maybe next time eh!

I managed to blue my front disc's in the first session...which pissed me off a lil and my brake lever was hitting the bar...not cool...but I'll get over it...and stop slowing down so much for corners...blah :shake:

oh and WT...why is my bike scared of people with dodgy goaties now....what did you do to her!!!

kiwifruit
16th January 2006, 23:14

awesome video!
i'd be keen on seeing alot more of that sort of action.
Thanks 4 sharing

White trash
17th January 2006, 08:08
oh and WT...why is my bike scared of people with dodgy goaties now....what did you do to her!!!

Ummmmmm, I think the term is "ride it like ya stole it"? Bit wierd that it took me three whole laps to get the hang of it, I honestly thought that pommy prick on the 600 was gonna get me for a while. 'Till I found my stride of course.....

Thanks again for the ride mate, was surely enjoyable.

Sparky Bills
17th January 2006, 08:21
Did anyone else get any pics??
(maybe even of the wheelies some dick on a black cbr was doing in the fast group?:shifty: )

Had a great day, im gonna chuck some stickier feet on the bike next time. Had a couple moments out of the corners so decided to just have some fun instead.

Good to meet the non pussies from d'Auckland.

Will post some pics i took asap.

bugjuice
17th January 2006, 08:34
I'm really keen for another shot..
might trailer the bike down next time tho

R6_kid
17th January 2006, 12:31
they wouldnt let me go in a higher group coz i only had my dragine jeans.:violin:

but buggy will tell you i had him shitting his pants when they mixed the slow/medium up - i think he was having a bad day :blah:

bugjuice
17th January 2006, 12:33
forgot you were there most of the time :bleh:
did keep stuffing up that left-hand hairpin tho. I think I was past my best. Some stupid shit got in my head, and I just had to go with what I had. Which probably wasn't much slower anyway

loosebruce
17th January 2006, 20:45
im gonna chuck some stickier feet on the bike next time. Had a couple moments out of the corners so decided to just have some fun instead.

From June 19th track day: I found myself sliding a bit too much so slowed down and just played round doing wheelies and basically being a tosser.

You always gonna use this excuse Sparky or you gonna come up with a new one at some stage?

Sucks i couldn't come down, looked like a mint day for all.

White trash
17th January 2006, 21:34
From June 19th track day: I found myself sliding a bit too much so slowed down and just played round doing wheelies and basically being a tosser.

You always gonna use this excuse Sparky or you gonna come up with a new one at some stage?

Apparently, Deano is OFFICIALLY faster than S/Bills now. Quite when that was unofficial no-one seems to know......:scratch:

Gunner
18th January 2006, 19:01
Here are some more videos, clips no 4 and 5 were taken in the slow class.
Clip no 2 I get a little close to a blue firestorm, it put the shits up me!!

James Deuce
18th January 2006, 19:01
Cheers Gunner!

Sparky Bills
18th January 2006, 19:04

Ill use it as long as i please.

I dont need to prove anything to anyone.

skelstar
18th January 2006, 19:15
Good stuff. Didnt see your camera setup but reckon on a right-hand track you should put the camera on the right-hand side.
Blue firestorm at the start of clip2 was Fatjim. Take a bow FJ! ;)

Fatjim
18th January 2006, 23:35
Nope not me, I think it's one of the guys from Masterton

James Deuce
19th January 2006, 09:03
Good stuff. Didnt see your camera setup but reckon on a right-hand track you should put the camera on the right-hand side.
Blue firestorm at the start of clip2 was Fatjim. Take a bow FJ! ;)

The most common accident at a track day is a lowside. I'd put my camera on the left too. Why munch your bike AND your camera?

bugjuice
19th January 2006, 09:27
cos it makes for excellent footage that circles the intermaglobe for many many years to come

Beemer
19th January 2006, 13:30
What sessions were those clips taken from Gunner? Medium or fast? Nice smooth coverage, I was looking out for my husband but couldn't see him. He was on the old CBX550 but took Busted's ZX6R out to lead one session.

Gunner
19th January 2006, 17:45
What sessions were those clips taken from Gunner? Medium or fast? Nice smooth coverage, I was looking out for my husband but couldn't see him. He was on the old CBX550 but took Busted's ZX6R out to lead one session.

All clips were in the meduim except numbers 4 & 5, I went in the slow class for my last go out.

kiwifruit
19th January 2006, 20:07
Here are some more videos, clips no 4 and 5 were taken in the slow class.
Clip no 2 I get a little close to a blue firestorm, it put the shits up me!!

cool!
thanks for the videos Gunner
most enjoyable
i wana go again!!!!!!!!!!

Deano
21st January 2006, 15:27
Here's a segment from Manfeild with Jimbo getting some moviestar action.

Deano
21st January 2006, 16:13
And another...

Deano
21st January 2006, 16:37

How did you get 3 mins worth in under 4MB ?

I struggled to get 1 min. Did you reduce the picture quality or something ?

Gunner
21st January 2006, 16:55
How did you get 3 mins worth in under 4MB ?

I struggled to get 1 min. Did you reduce the picture quality or something ?

Just reduced the quality. Its good to see a different view of the track, At the next one I might try to mount the camera facing backwards aswell.

skelstar
21st January 2006, 23:11
Deanno. Its a pity the camera rocked up and down so much, but understandable. You could get a small flat it of wood and screw the camera to it using the tripod mount, then fasten the flat peice to the seat. Wouldn't rock around quite as much eh. Jeez Manfield is a rough circuit.

jimbo600
22nd January 2006, 07:32
The wmv version looks worse that what it is. The uncompressed version looks bloody good. Nice work Deano. Might have to kit mine up again.

loosebruce
22nd January 2006, 15:38
And another...

I noticed this one stopped just before you got to the hairpin, whys that, did jimbo duff you up?

jimbo600
22nd January 2006, 15:42
I noticed this one stopped just before you got to the hairpin, whys that, did jimbo duff you up?

Yep, then braked checked him on the exit to make sure he didn't get any drive onto the straight. But it's not a race.

Deano
23rd January 2006, 17:20
Yep, then braked checked him on the exit to make sure he didn't get any drive onto the straight.

But I passed you on the straight anyway cause I'm a burglar. :nya:

Hey, I scored a camera of my own so you will have to show me how to use it properly with editing, dubbing etc. (So I don't have to read the feck'n manual).

I will get this one mounted well, before Feb 25th.

Deano
23rd January 2006, 17:22
Deanno. Its a pity the camera rocked up and down so much, but understandable. You could get a small flat it of wood and screw the camera to it using the tripod mount, then fasten the flat peice to the seat. Wouldn't rock around quite as much eh. Jeez Manfield is a rough circuit.

It was much, much worse on Paekak Hill !!

Not bad for 5 minutes work, some bubblewrap and insulation tape though.