PDA

View Full Version : My first big trip, first experiences with a pillion and first bad weather experience.

jimdaworm
5th January 2006, 21:06
We just got back last night from Coromandel on the CBR. This has been more first trip longer than about 180km and about the third time I have carried a pillion (My GF) before it was only short distances a couple of times.

I have decided the seat is not good for long rides, after 7 hours I had a VERY sore ass.

I have done the trip a few times in a car and there were so many great things on the bike like flying over the hills and being over to overtake with ease :headbang:

We came back yesterday (arrived here early evening) we were lucky for the first 200km but a bit before the desert road it rained torrentially.:sweatdrop

Then a bit further along around Bulls the wind came up... it was sooo windy it felt like I was riding along at a 45 degree angle... then when a truck came past it blew me the other way!

Just thought I would share my new experiences!:cool:

boomer
5th January 2006, 21:17
glad you enjoyed the ride.. weather and all :niceone: That cbr has a plush seat Jim..harden up

jimdaworm
5th January 2006, 21:27
Maby I need a fatter ass then:sherlock:

Gasman
5th January 2006, 21:27
Good to hear of new experiences. A sore ass is something I rarely experience due to the comfortble seat on the beemer. Did a 600k ride recently (not non stop of course, but all in one day) and still felt OK, except for stiff legs and sore shoulders. Can't get my better half on the back yet though....she doesn't trust my riding!

jimdaworm
5th January 2006, 21:34
I guess I am lucky with that respect I did the CBTA course to get my full so I am not very experienced, although I would like to think educated:hitcher: but my GF trusts my riding;)

Zed
5th January 2006, 21:39
We just got back last night from Coromandel on the CBR. This has been more first trip longer than about 180km...Gee thanks for shaaaaring jim! Did you clock how far you travelled on this trip? Many kms increases understanding of motorcycle and hardens one up, grasshopper!

Zapf
5th January 2006, 21:40
honda seat foam tend to be softer than the Suzki's, hence honda seats seems to be less good for long trips

The_Dover
5th January 2006, 21:46
maby i need a fatter *** then:sherlock:

funny, zed always tell me how comfy his hondas are ;)

jimdaworm
6th January 2006, 13:10
I think my seat is fine for short like up to 3 hour rides but not longer. I clocked up 1700km (With a pillion!)

Wellington - Thames
Thames - Colville
Colville - Thames
Thames - Whitianga
Whitianga - Thames
Thames - Wellington (Via Hamilton):2guns:

I am feeling pretty hard:rofl:

marty
6th January 2006, 14:16
i was gonna say.....mentioning coromandel and desert rd in the same sentence doesn't happen often

jimdaworm
7th January 2006, 08:31
I wont be doing it again just yet, not in one go at least!:shit:

rfc85
7th January 2006, 19:41
did the same trip on tuesday,and the wind was bad then as well,its a good ride and will go again at easter,did you come down the western axis or thru taupo ?

jimdaworm
7th January 2006, 22:38
We came down though Taupo. Did you have a pillion? I am sure it would be less tireing without one:violin:

Oh yeah I think my neck is still recovering from the wind! It was sweet on the way up on the 24 dec!

rfc85
8th January 2006, 06:32
would not have wanted a pillion in that wind,the western side of the lake is shit hot,the road is in top condition and no little towns to slow you down

jimdaworm
8th January 2006, 10:20
Yeah it is pretty nice, but the wind was HOWLING:crazy: around the lake. Look at the white tops on the waves!

rfc85
8th January 2006, 14:37
AND to have a pillion you need friends-that fucks me straight away:rofl:

Lou Girardin
18th January 2006, 08:24
Good to hear of new experiences. A sore ass is something I rarely experience

I'm glad you care for your livestock so well.:hitcher: