PDA

View Full Version : SV1000 vs Blackbird vs GSXR1000 K6 vs Hyosung 250GT - Part 1

skelstar
6th January 2006, 21:34
I know what youre thinking:

"One of these things is not like the other"

But to be fair, theres nothing wrong with the new GSXR K6...its a very capable bike!

Note: Im a newb. If you do lots of reading of reviews (as I do) then little of this will be new, or particularly useful. Its just for fun, and to get my thoughts sorted.

So...Dafe, Darkman, VT and myself all took the afternoon off to do some riding in the sunny Waiarapa while the wind was at its calmest for days. Since I am still a fledgling rider and am soon going to be in the little-bike/big-bike transition, my mates have decided that I must ride their bikes to get a feel for what I want when the expensive time comes. So the following is a summary of what I thought of each bike, perhaps a bit of a discussion about their relevance to my riding style and requirements.

Context - or "what kinda rider are you skel?"
Im 33 (34 in 6 days woo hoo)...I have been riding my trusty Hyobag since July18. I have done 14800kms in 6 months. I consider myself to be a competant rider. Im no speed demon on a 250 (which some people in WGTN are quite capable of being) but I like going as quick as I can while riding comfortably within my limits (what ever they are). I commute on my bike everyday (against Welly traffic) and on the weekend I spend a great deal of time following (and sometimes leading) the bikes in this review all around the Wairarapa. I have no desire to ride at $2.00, probably more like $1.10-$1.20. I really dig carving up the traffic and enjoy riding long distances. For some reason I quite like riding in a straight line, soaking up the environment around me. I dig group rides and LOVE to laud it over cagers. <_<
Oh, technically I have never ridden anything else other than my V-Twin 250cc Hyobag.

to continue.....

Hitcher
7th January 2006, 13:34
Please continue, now that you have my attention.

skelstar
7th January 2006, 13:36
Please continue, now that you have my attention.
I did. Thank goodness. I await your wise words Mr H.

Hitcher
7th January 2006, 13:39
I did. Thank goodness. I await your wise words Mr H.
It's a game. You go first.

Uncle B
8th January 2006, 16:53
Dude, you are the benckmark of progressive learning.
Your confidence has grown at a sensible rate. I have seen some shocking newbies who think they know how to 'ride' too soon, but you take your time to think about it and bring it into practice but still within your limits.....and your raising the bar on your limits all the time.
I have no problem riding with you. There are some riders who make you a little nervous when riding at close quarters and others you know are destined for a wipe out......you are not one of those.
It will be great to see you 'step up'. Your confidence will grow even more. No longer will you be playing chase the dots.
The Hyobag has been good to you, it's served you well, but time to move on and up.

skelstar
8th January 2006, 16:58
Thanks very much. That means a great deal.
Ha...dots. Not too far from the truth eh? Still you guys are very cool at waiting up.:niceone:

Dafe
8th January 2006, 17:00
Dude, you are the benckmark of progressive learning.
Your confidence has grown at a sensible rate. I have seen some shocking newbies who think they know how to 'ride' too soon, but you take your time to think about it and bring it into practice but still within your limits.....and your raising the bar on your limits all the time.
I have no problem riding with you. There are some riders who make you a little nervous when riding at close quarters and others you know are destined for a wipe out......you are not one of those.
It will be great to see you 'step up'. Your confidence will grow even more. No longer will you be playing chase the dots.
The Hyobag has been good to you, it's served you well, but time to move on and up.

What he said!!!

There are some riders who make you a little nervous when riding at close quarters. Maybe it's mind games, or just plain pure scare tactics, Master Bruce!:woohoo:

skelstar
8th January 2006, 17:02
...There are some riders who make you a little nervous when riding at close quarters...
THere are some weirdos that sit on your wing-mirror and do funny wavy signs...theyre destined for a kick in the nuts! :)

Dafe
8th January 2006, 17:08
THere are some weirdos that sit on your wing-mirror and do funny wavy signs...theyre destined for a kick in the nuts! :)

must be Weirdo Smurf!:scratch: