PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

sndrmn
15th March 2004, 12:57
Hi,
Hows it...firstly i am a newbie in every sense of the word :baby: (the learner plate attached to my bike adequately portrays that) I've had my learners for a grand total 3 months but am hoping to get my restricted come June.
Haha not that I mind, gotta learn to crawl before you can walk..... but I'd be lying if I said I"d never been reved it out to 19000 rpm.... :Police: hehe
My bike is a little Black 1991 CBR250RR.
Last year I went to visit my brother in Holland and do the whole tour of Europe thingy, anyways I noticed the mad amounts of bikes over there. I thought I'd check out the whole bike thing when I came back.....hehe after my frist ride on the CBR I was hooked .....
Anyways this site looks pretty cool and I'm hoping to hookup with some other riders (the problem with not having any friends crazy enough to ride bikes). Of course I'm limited to where I can go with a L plate and 70k limit, but maybe after I get my restricted you guys will want me to tag along..haha :yeah:
If you guys see me crusing around Lower Hutt come and hit me on my helmet and say hi or something! I'm not hard to miss, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Lower Hutt crusing around on a black cbr with a 2 piece red and black spool leather suit with matching HJC helmet..... you see its not about how fast you can go its about how good you look.....:rockon: haha...

Seeyou around
SNDRMN

bungbung
15th March 2004, 13:08
Howzit Sndrmn,

You should check out the club 250 forum on this site, plenty to see and do.

Good luck for the restricted. 3 months will fly

aff-man
15th March 2004, 13:09
howdy and welcome. Yip get to know your bike when learning because when you get your restricted it's all on. Have fun go the 250's.

sndrmn
15th March 2004, 15:14
Cheers for that....I've just had a look at the 250 Club Forum and its exactly what I was after. Once I get my restricted I will tag along with them....maybe sooner depending on where they go.

Two Smoker
15th March 2004, 15:18
Cheers for that....I've just had a look at the 250 Club Forum and its exactly what I was after. Once I get my restricted I will tag along with them....maybe sooner depending on where they go.
Trust me, best thing to do, rip the L plate off, it makes you a target...... The likelihood of you getting pulled over is very unlikely unless your doing something stupid..... Then ride everywhere to your hearts delight hehehe

james
15th March 2004, 15:29

hi mate dont wait for restricted come and join us in the weekend,i ride a vt 250 cruiser and i cant keep up with the boys with the pocket rockets,you can ride with me,as long as you dont leave me behind :doh:

Ms Piggy
15th March 2004, 15:39
Hi,
Anyways this site looks pretty cool and I'm hoping to hookup with some other riders (the problem with not having any friends crazy enough to ride bikes). Of course I'm limited to where I can go with a L plate and 70k limit, but maybe after I get my restricted you guys will want me to tag along..haha :yeah:

Welcome sndrmn, :2thumbsup
This site is greast for newbie riders - I've recieved lots of excellent advice & met some really great people.

I've been riding as long as you & lovin' it! :yes: Don't worry too much about the L plate restriction on speed, I never have and I've been followed by cops going 100. Not sure about removing the L plate completely...although mine blew off a few weeks ago and I keep forgetting to hook it back on! It's a stupid bloody restriction anyway b/c if you need to come into town how are ya gonna get there except motor way & the average cage driver don't know that you are only allowed to ride at 70 on your learners.

Definitely come along to the 250 Club it's an excellent way to meet bike minded people.

Cheers Cathy :rockon:

White trash
15th March 2004, 15:50
Hi,
Hows it...firstly i am a newbie in every sense of the word :baby: (the learner plate attached to my bike adequately portrays that) I've had my learners for a grand total 3 months but am hoping to get my restricted come June.
Haha not that I mind, gotta learn to crawl before you can walk..... but I'd be lying if I said I"d never been reved it out to 19000 rpm.... :Police: hehe
My bike is a little Black 1991 CBR250RR.
Last year I went to visit my brother in Holland and do the whole tour of Europe thingy, anyways I noticed the mad amounts of bikes over there. I thought I'd check out the whole bike thing when I came back.....hehe after my frist ride on the CBR I was hooked .....
If you guys see me crusing around Lower Hutt come and hit me on my helmet and say hi or something! I'm not hard to miss, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Lower Hutt crusing around on a black cbr with a 2 piece red and black spool leather suit with matching HJC helmet..... you see its not about how fast you can go its about how good you look.....:rockon: haha...

Seeyou around
SNDRMN

Welcome along, SNDRMN!

Come meet us down at the Riverbank car park most Thursday nights from about 8:30 on wards.

pete376403
15th March 2004, 20:52
What actually takes place down by the river? Is it just a face to face version of this web site - bike talk and so on?

Zed
15th March 2004, 21:51
...you see its not about how fast you can go its about how good you look.....:rockon: haha...

Seeyou around
SNDRMNWelcome aboard!

Keep us all posted as you progress from a newbie to an experienced rider...I'm sure you will be having some experiences that all will find interesting/amusing! :eek:

Oh, and pleese don't tell me you wear that superman logo on your red leathers?? :shit:

Zed

White trash
16th March 2004, 06:28
What actually takes place down by the river? Is it just a face to face version of this web site - bike talk and so on?

More or less.

Good to put faces to the names and so on, but we go for cruises, laugh at the boy racers latest efforts. Later on we head to an undisclosed industrial area and have a bit of a play on the bikes. Try new stuff, that sort of thing.

Can be quite a hoot if you like watching dick heads like me wreck their bikes! :lol:

sndrmn
16th March 2004, 08:04
Oh gee guys/girls you know how to make someone feel welcome........hehehe.... well in an online forum anyway.

Ahhh two smoker, while it sounds very tempting to take off the L plate I think I'll hang onto it for a few more months. I've become very fond of it......and it doesn't go down to bad with the ladies either........YEAH RIGHT!

Cheers for that James.....hehe good to know I won't be the only one left behind if I tag along......you guys are riding this Sunday right? What do you reckon about a learner coming along? get much grief from the boys in blue? Well if its ok weather and my shoulder is a bit better (I dislocated it again on Sat) I might come along. Just not sure about going for such a big distance. Longest time I've ridden for is about 2 hours..pretty tired and sore after that.

Thanks for that bit of info whitetrash....I knew the little bracers went down there but did'nt know about bikes. How many bikes go down there? Might come along one night

Zed, will keep you guys posted....haha I havn't come off yet and not planning to if I can help it. Ahh nope I don't have the S on my leathers haha....I'm not that up myself .... hehe .. but now that you mention it....if I superglue .......

Cheers and seeyou guys around.
Sander

james
16th March 2004, 08:26
Oh gee guys/girls you know how to make someone feel welcome........hehehe.... well in an online forum anyway.

Ahhh two smoker, while it sounds very tempting to take off the L plate I think I'll hang onto it for a few more months. I've become very fond of it......and it doesn't go down to bad with the ladies either........YEAH RIGHT!

Cheers for that James.....hehe good to know I won't be the only one left behind if I tag along......you guys are riding this Sunday right? What do you reckon about a learner coming along? get much grief from the boys in blue? Well if its ok weather and my shoulder is a bit better (I dislocated it again on Sat) I might come along. Just not sure about going for such a big distance. Longest time I've ridden for is about 2 hours..pretty tired and sore after that.

Thanks for that bit of info whitetrash....I knew the little bracers went down there but did'nt know about bikes. How many bikes go down there? Might come along one night

Zed, will keep you guys posted....haha I havn't come off yet and not planning to if I can help it. Ahh nope I don't have the S on my leathers haha....I'm not that up myself .... hehe .. but now that you mention it....if I superglue .......

Sander

no prob you come along,just remember riding a bike is for enjoyment,doesnt matter what speed,go at your own pace,let the racing boys and gals race if they want to,me i just like to cruise around most of the time,if you want to hook up sometime in the week just let me no,i check the site everyday,the boys in blue well,i got a ticket 2 weeks ago and darren my brother who you will meet on sunday got one the next day but we were speeding our own fault
other than that no problems,keep in touch see ya later.

Ms Piggy
16th March 2004, 12:19

Sander

Hey Sander,
The trick as a learner rider is to go at your own pace , don't allow the pace of the faster riders make you feel stink or under pressure to ride beyond what you feel safe with and if you feel ok about the corners you'll be fine :niceone: I usually try and go out and about round the bays for cornering practice, I still get a bit freaked on the corners and there are some sharp ones up the Rimutakas. B/c you're in the Hutt maybe you could ride around the road to Days Bay a bit to get your confidence up. I did my first ride over the Rimutakas a few weeks back with the KBers and it was a little scary and I was the slowest, but honestly the guys are really supportive and we're just as friendly in person as we are in real life. Oh and we have losta little stops so don't worry about getting sore.

:rockon: Cathy

White trash
17th March 2004, 13:11

Sander

I've seen up to 40 bikes there. And others who don't ride their bikes down but hang with us anyway.