PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Jacket

Hey guys,

Need some advise on how to wash my teknics jacket.

I never use the zipped inner bit, and now the actual lining on the jacket is starting to wiff a bit due to the summer heat and my general lard-ass-ed-ness.

Now I'm not sure if it'd be safe to put it in the washing machine (having taken the rubber protection out of course), or better to just hose it down and hung it up to dry outside in the sun.

Any advise from people in the know would aid my personal hygene no end :niceone:

Dafe
6th January 2006, 22:16
I hear lighter fluid and a match gets rid of the smell real well!

Otherwise, try a good handwash, dry it out and followup with a spray coating of weatherproofing seal.
Better still, Give it to the Drycleaners and when you get it back, apply the sealant.

600th Post!!! Private Celebration Here - Nothing to see here - Move Along!!!!

MikeL
7th January 2006, 09:23
I use Sno-Seal Sport Wash. Hand wash, rinse, hang up to drip-dry.

Wonko
7th January 2006, 17:26
Any advise from people in the know would aid my personal hygene no end :niceone:

A shower once in a while, or a bath can realy help :)

James Deuce
7th January 2006, 17:28
Make sure you take any foam armour out (if your jacket has it).

A shower once in a while, or a bath can realy help :)

:eek5:

Think I'll have to take out the foam linings and hose it down tomorrow... if I hang it outside to drip dry that should get it cleaner...

Might need to do it a couple of times but should be fine.

And perhaps a shower for me too.... :soon:

cowpoos
7th January 2006, 20:59
Its a piece of piss.
Take any armour out, biff it in the washing machine with some o' that powder, take it out put it on a coathanger in the shade and next day put it on and bugger off.

ditto.....

but if you use dish washing liquid it makes heaps of bubbles and flood the laundry with bubbles....and you'll piss the misses off and she'll tell ya to fuck off....so its a good excuse for a ride as well!!!!!

twinkle
7th January 2006, 21:07
Look for washing instructions in it, they probably say cold machine wash

merv
7th January 2006, 21:10
Go to the bike shop and get some of the cleaning powder especially for bike gear because normal washing powder is no good for the breathable but waterproof materials. Then chuck it in the washing machine with the right powder.

cowpoos
7th January 2006, 21:34
Look for washing instructions in it, they probably say cold machine wash

only a chick would say that...by the way...are your single and hot???

Hi my name is poo's.....did your father steal the stars from the sky and put then in your eyes???

skidMark
7th January 2006, 23:03
what about my leather jacket?

i hear you have to get it drycleaned and i hate spending money i don't have any other ways? lol

twinkle
7th January 2006, 23:42
are your single and hot???

yes...:rofl:

cowpoos
8th January 2006, 09:35
yes...:rofl:

why are you laughing???

Ps: PM me your ph... :eyepoke:

Goblin
8th January 2006, 21:36
why are you laughing???

With a name like Twinkle, I'm guessing he's as queer as and you are gunna get your cum-uppance:laugh:

No offence intented Twinkle

cowpoos
8th January 2006, 21:42
With a name like Twinkle, I'm guessing he's as queer as and you are gunna get your cum-uppance:laugh:

No offence intented Twinkle

your a cheeky monkey you are.....but I good one... :P

skidMark
8th January 2006, 21:46
what about my leather jacket?

i hear you have to get it drycleaned and i hate spending money i don't have any other ways? lol

anybody? lol

well what damage would it do to it if a machined or bucket washed it?

Goblin
8th January 2006, 21:52
anybody? lol

well what damage would it do to it if a machined or bucket washed it?
You could try hand washing it inside-out with very little detergent but rinse well....hang in shade to dry(may take a couple of days) then give it a really good dubbin.

skidMark
8th January 2006, 21:55
whats a dubbin ....lol and why can't you machine wash them what does it do to it?

Goblin
8th January 2006, 22:17
Dubbin is the stuff that keeps your leather supple and waterproof, you should dubbin leather's regularly for longevity. You can buy it at bike shops and shoe stores or places like farmlands where they sell workboots.

You can machine wash it if you want to...but use a gentle cycle.

Lou Girardin
10th January 2006, 11:18
Follow the manufacturers washing instructions precisely. Use Nikwax or Sportwash detergent, it rinses out completely and doesn't block the membrane.
Air dry and use a waterproofing treatment if you wish. The Nikwax treatment doesn't need heat to activate it and can be applied while wet.

Swoop
10th January 2006, 13:26
why are you laughing???

Ps: PM me your ph... :eyepoke:
Have we got gay dating going on here???