PDA

View Full Version : Trackday format -how does this look

FROSTY
7th January 2006, 09:39
After a lot of feedback (THANK YOU FOLKS) Following is a proposed format for track day 3
4 speed groups
Fast
med 600cc or larger
med up to 600cc
slow
saturday evening at camellia court --scrutineering 8-10pm
Sunday 7.30 am pits open/sighn on start
8.00am scrutineer balance of bikes
8.40 marshals breif
8.45 riders Brief
9.00 Novice brief for track newbees (dropped if noone is a newbee)
9.10 Novice 6 lap session with experienced riders (yes Ill have a megaphone)This is to show new riders the trackwhere the marshalls are etc and sort newbees into their speed groups
9.30 First track session.
12.45-1.15 lunch break/wheelie session (possibly adjusted to suit weather conditions)
1.00-4.30 more sessions
I will be providing marshalls
To designate which group is to be on the track a flag will be displayed near pits exit.
There will be a foghorn sounded off 2 minutes before end of each session
At this point the NEXT speed groups flag will be displayed
The next session will start as soon as the last rider has left the track from the last session.Onus is on the rider to be there
Flags will be at each marshal point-red and yellow. Red means slow down and leave the track via pits exit A chequred flag will also be displayed at a designated point at session end
LUNCH
Subway subs again part of rider entry fees -also available to non riders
Drinks --I will provide 100 bottles of flavoured and unflavoured water Mizone/nz natural etc
St johns will be there

MSTRS
7th January 2006, 09:48
That sounds about spot on, Frosty. Just querying the lunch time "12.45 - 1.15" then pm sessions start '1.00' ??

FROSTY
7th January 2006, 09:52
Speedie--gimmee a holla--4456236
To KISS it im running a simplified flag system but still running to MNZ rules.

FROSTY
7th January 2006, 09:59
Mstrs--wasnt sure how to show it on here
Basicly MARSHALS will get a half hour break so track closed
I will personally marshal the wheelie session 15 minutes into lunch break -provided we are running all good
If weather threatens to spoil things Ill keep running sessions till it rains and call the official lunch break when it buckets down.-and No i wont stand out in the rain to run the wheelie session.

cowpoos
7th January 2006, 10:04
I would like to see the marshels get a little more track time for there time and effort...do you think it would be reasonable to hav the mashell briefing alot earliyer...and give them some morning track time before the first groups get on the track?

As long as the track is clear of any poos then it's all good...

Any idea on a date yet?

cowpoos
7th January 2006, 10:26
As long as the track is clear of any poos then it's all good...

Any idea on a date yet?

I should be off the track before the slow group gets back on....lmao

FROSTY
7th January 2006, 10:36
Poos---There will be NO marshal sessions at this stage -marshals will be provided by me.-IE at this stage they will be non KBers but all experienced at marshalling.
The major complaint I received was lack of track time so Im tightening everything right up
Its not to snob those that put the effort into marshalling its to maximise track time for those who paid to be there

cowpoos
7th January 2006, 10:37
Poos---There will be NO marshal sessions at this stage -marshals will be provided by me.-IE at this stage they will be non KBers but all experienced at marshalling.
The major complaint I received was lack of track time so Im tightening everything right up
Its not to snob those that put the effort into marshalling its to maximise track time for those who paid to be there

question answered...thanks frosti

emaN
7th January 2006, 12:30
yep...looks great; stoked to see that you're doing your best to maximise track time!
Next time i wanna be out there making use of that quality track time!!!
Well done Frosty....:niceone:

Mental Trousers
7th January 2006, 15:23
Scrutineering the night before sounds good. Although for people that ride to Taupo (as oppossed to trailering their bikes) won't want to gaffer tape them up until they get to the track, so will they still be scrutineered and then told to tape the lights when they get to pit lane??

Also, I'm guessing that if another truck goes loaded with bikes they'll be scrutineered before being loaded??

Looks good though. Good work and keep it coming.

FROSTY
7th January 2006, 19:03
anyone staying at camellia court will only have a couple of KM to ride to the track so shouldnt be a problem

Matt Bleck
7th January 2006, 20:42
What happens with scrutineering if you arrive on the day?

ajturbo
7th January 2006, 22:43
sounds great matey!!!

but.... another one not kneeding me:cry: .. whats the world coming to:oi-grr: :baby:

HDTboy
7th January 2006, 23:26
How rigid will you be on keeping the two medium groups within the 600cc mark, cause there are guys on 250s and 400s and 150s who were being held up by bikes over 600cc last time

RiderInBlack
8th January 2006, 06:50
How rigid will you be on keeping the two medium groups within the 600cc mark, cause there are guys on 250s and 400s who were being held up by bikes over 600cc last timeI think that's why he has split the group. Much easier for a 600cc+ to stay ahead of "Roxanne's" 1000cc phat arse once they have passed, than it is for the under 600cc (which I would probably retake on the back straight).

skelstar
8th January 2006, 08:14
...(which I would probably retake on the back straight)...
So why not just not retake in the straight? Thats what I didnt understand on the day. Had to overtake on the outside of the sweeper only to have the bike going zapping past again every lap! Couldnt he/she work out that I was up their date through the twisties each time? Bizzare.
Looks good though FROSTY. Looking forward to it immensly.

FROSTY
8th January 2006, 09:32
No formula is gonna work 100% What Im trying to do is have a speed structure that gives the most people a good run.

Keystone19
8th January 2006, 09:39
Where does a 650 Vtwin fit Frosty? I'm assuming under 600cc 'cause it's more like a 400 in power?

Mr Skid
8th January 2006, 09:40
Couldnt he/she work out that I was up their date through the twisties each time? Bizzare.Probably difficult for them to work that out with the mirrors taped up / removed.

cowpoos
8th January 2006, 09:57
Where does a 650 Vtwin fit Frosty? I'm assuming under 600cc 'cause it's more like a 400 in power?

you'll be in the fast group next time babe ;) ...so I wouldn't worrie :Punk:

FROSTY
8th January 2006, 10:59
Keystone--like I said the formula aint perfect--its a 650 so over 600
Keep in mind too people IF we are on the new track--and I do NOT promise we will be then its gonna be much more about cornering ability than straight line speed- The 2 straights on the new track aint as long as the one on the old track and there are 9 or 10 corners.

emaN
8th January 2006, 11:22
Scrutineering the night before sounds good. Although for people that ride to Taupo (as oppossed to trailering their bikes) won't want to gaffer tape them up until they get to the track, so will they still be scrutineered and then told to tape the lights when they get to pit lane??

i've been using that "clear" gaffer tape stuff 'round the house; i wonder what it'd be like on headlights/mirrors?
probly better on headlights...
better to be concentrating on what's in front anyhow...

Racey Rider
8th January 2006, 11:38
... there are guys on 250s and 400s who were being held up by bikes over 600cc last time
and 150's.

250's, 400's and 150's who were being held up by bikes over 600cc last time. :corn:

skelstar
8th January 2006, 14:37
Probably difficult for them to work that out with the mirrors taped up / removed.
Unless I was infront of them on the exit of the sweeper of course.

Mental Trousers
8th January 2006, 18:22
Unfortunately, asking people not to let their bikes stretch their legs on the straight because there's someone behind that they're blocking on a different part of track will get you laughed at.

Hopefully we'll be able to use the full, completed track next time. I think you'll find that by the time you get to the end of the main straight those big bikes will have put enough ground between you and them that it won't matter.

RiderInBlack
8th January 2006, 19:10
Where does a 650 Vtwin fit Frosty? I'm assuming under 600cc 'cause it's more like a 400 in power?Your V-twin 650 was a fairly even match for "Roxanne":finger: I should know, spent a lot of time chasing your arse but never could get it right enough to pass. Let's face it, you're definitely a medium and on your way to fast.

skelstar
8th January 2006, 20:12
Unfortunately, asking people not to let their bikes stretch their legs on the straight because there's someone behind that they're blocking on a different part of track will get you laughed at.
Thats a fair point. Esp when you put it that way. Im sure they would only have had to do it once though...then I would have been goooooone. The difference between how they rode the twisties to how they rode the straight was like night and day ;).

cowpoos
8th January 2006, 20:18
Thats a fair point. Esp when you put it that way. Im sure they would only have had to do it once though...then I would have been goooooone. The difference between how they rode the twisties to how they rode the straight was like night and day ;).

loved that track day huh lad....I hope we'll see you in action at manfield on the 14th....don't let the team down...my turn to shout beers ?

skelstar
8th January 2006, 20:28
loved that track day huh lad....I hope we'll see you in action at manfield on the 14th....don't let the team down...my turn to shout beers ?
Youll be seeing me in action getting to trackday. Cct is a bit fast for my wee bike. See ya there!

cowpoos
8th January 2006, 20:48
Youll be seeing me in action getting to trackday. Cct is a bit fast for my wee bike. See ya there!

nah its not...and thats not what its all about anyway skel....its about getting out their and improving yourself and having fun...and for $40 bucks you couldn't have much more fun for $$$$

boomer
8th January 2006, 20:52
looks good frosty, im keen; have you started taking orders yet?

DEATH_INC.
8th January 2006, 22:03
I'm liking it,600 and up is good (dunno bout twins etc though....) shouldn't be bad on the new track as you mentioned, as long as it isn't the full track.
Timetable looks slick as :2thumbsup

FROSTY
8th January 2006, 22:12
Guys --the NEW track isnt nor ever will be the FULL track
its a track that runs alongside the old track and is only a little bit longer--BUT It has 2 straights which arent long (shorter than the straight on the old track by looks) itll suit those who like corners and i think itll act as a big leveller -HP wont matter so much as corner speed.

kiwifruit
9th January 2006, 12:43
count me in!

magnum
5th February 2006, 11:34
is there any legal reason that we have to have bikes scrutinered?surely the onus is on the rider to make sure his/her bike is up to scratch themselves?if theyre not sure then fine,voluntry scrutinering if you want it?

FROSTY
5th February 2006, 17:26
not negotiable on this one --its not the safety of the rider with the unsafe bike Im worried about--its all the others out there with them

ajturbo
7th February 2006, 17:20
how about a 650 turbo.. in the hands of a noobie?.....:scooter:
(yes me!)
luke's arm will not be up to it by then.....:nya:

clint640
21st March 2006, 16:26
I'm liking it,600 and up is good (dunno bout twins etc though....) shouldn't be bad on the new track as you mentioned, as long as it isn't the full track.
Timetable looks slick as :2thumbsup

What about a 625cc single? I'm probably on the fast side of medium though so it really don't matter much. Besides, my Bro in law reckons he's gonna give me the learn on his 150 so best I stay out of his class so's I dont get shown up :shit:

Cheers
Clint

DEATH_INC.
30th March 2006, 21:16
Having ridden the new track now, your hp doesn't make much difference, you'll be sweet with the 600+ fours....it's all about cornering....

FROSTY
31st March 2006, 08:30
Death is bang on the money-Id suggest to ya that someone like TS on his 150 suzuki would give us all the learn. This new tracck is all about riding ability not pure HP----oh shit Im f#### -looks like ol frosty's gonna get the learn from all of KB

kiwifruit
31st March 2006, 11:51
the track is certainly not the one for big thous and the like
400s and 600/750s will own

Mental Trousers
31st March 2006, 16:54
I shall endevour to make sure that plenty of thou's get embarassed by the 750 with the pink graphics :Pokey:

Well I'll try anyway.