PDA

View Full Version : CLUB 250 RIDE THIIS SUNDAY

darren
15th March 2004, 13:39
Just a reminder that we are having another ride this Sunday
Meet at TSS Motorcycles alice Town Lower Hutt
9am again

we are thinking of going over the hill again have some lunch and then maybe
going off again and having some lunch somwhere.
also coming back as a group this time.

see you all there

Dazza :Punk: :scooter:

James Deuce
15th March 2004, 13:43
TWO LUNCHES!!!

CAN I COME TOOO!!!!

james
15th March 2004, 15:20
TWO LUNCHES!!!

CAN I COME TOOO!!!!

:doh:
give darren a break jim lol hes still numb about his ticket last week :D

James Deuce
15th March 2004, 15:24
:doh:
give darren a break jim lol hes still numb about his ticket last week :D

Lol sorry!

I'm serious though - they don't call me Two Pies for nothing you know!

Ms Piggy
15th March 2004, 15:47
This time I will get my arse outta bed & make it! :yes:

See y'all there :)

Wenier
15th March 2004, 17:55
i have to make this one ill b pissed if i cant :)

sndrmn
16th March 2004, 08:12
Hey ppls......
Sounds good to me, if its good weather count me in, good to meet some fellow bikers....... (I have this thing about riding in the wet.....probably just lack of confidence).

I assume anyone with a 250 can come along?

SNDRMN

darren
16th March 2004, 11:13
anyone with any bike is welcome,
but mainly 250cc bikes come to ride
together at the same pace.

dont worry about speed this is for fun
not a race

darren :banana:

Wenier
17th March 2004, 12:12
anyone with any bike is welcome,
but mainly 250cc bikes come to ride
together at the same pace.

dont worry about speed this is for fun
not a race

darren :banana:

Wut not a race ah crap u had my hopes up :laugh:

Jay widda 150
17th March 2004, 12:26
yo man are you taking the twin out again???

could i hook you up with some cash and borrow the zxr again?

that was f@#$ing awesome!!!!

if not i spose i could try stu??!!??!?!?!?! :doobey:
hehe you gotta stop for 3 years again man!! :banana:
hey i just love these little dudes :rockon:
okok i'll stop :eyepoke:
see you then hopefully :stupid: :wavey:

jay widda clump :thud:

Wenier
20th March 2004, 23:51
ahhahahaha im gonna eat u alive :)

Ms Piggy
21st March 2004, 09:59
Well I hope that...sob, :weep: sniff, :( whinge, :confused: moan, :argh: grump, :angry2: growl :stoogie: ...you have a loverly time riding :disapint:

:bye:

darren
22nd March 2004, 06:37
well what a great day,

we had over 20 bikes again turn out for the ride
great to see.

everyone had fun and no one fell off
even better.

there should be some pics coming soon

darren :mobile:

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 09:28
im sorry to have to say this but i found it to be to unorganised with all the stopping and starting bullshit, thats why me and aaron took off and did our own thing! Still i hope you guys had fun i wont b at the next one and enjoy your riding.

BTW it would help if the leader followed his own rules :laugh:

:)

darren
22nd March 2004, 10:32
thanks for the feadback mate,

Its allways hard with that many riders
and to a digree I agree with your comments.

I hope everyone still enjoyed the trip

Darren

matthewt
22nd March 2004, 13:28
well what a great day,

we had over 20 bikes again turn out for the ride
great to see.

Did I see you guys going up the hill before lunch ?? I was on my way down not far from the U/Hutt Caltex.

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 13:52
we headed up at bout 10.30 11ish and me aaron went over and back at bout 11.30 i think. didnt see u but i was probably concentrating

james
22nd March 2004, 15:04
its seems to me darren you cant win,to many people,not enough people,going to fast,going to slow,its simple, if you want to race go to the f--n track if you want a nice easy going ride,come out with us, and if the slower riders hold you up and you have to wait to long thats just tough shit,i enjoyed the ride and enjoyed being at the back going to carterton,i bet i saw more things on the trip then anyone else.

Wenier
22nd March 2004, 17:05
thats not wut im getin at im get at the stoping starting not the speed. It is nicer to all go wut pace u want to to a location where u all meet and leave from at a certain time. That way everyone usually is happy

james
22nd March 2004, 19:30
sorry if i miss understood,im having a c...t of a day,just ignore me.

Stew
26th March 2004, 07:33
Weiner can you please remember that when people read these sites they dont know the personalities of the peaple involved,what I am getting at is if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything.I would like to know how many rides you have organised for more than 20 riders ? because when you do organise one you will find out that you must cater for most people not the individuel its very important to make sure that the slower riders dont panic & think that they will be left behind ,the stops were all pre arranged the leaving times can not be confirmed becuase we dont know how slow the slowest rider is because we have not meet them as for the fastest riders me being one of them I know i will just have to wait thats the penalty (apart from speeding tickets) I have to pay.you did the right thing by going off on you own with your friend if you didnt want to wait as you might have moaned to a new rider who would have a concions and feel bad about being there and would would never join in another organised ride again.take celtic lilly it seems to me that she is nervois about comeing along she shouldnt be as 3 of the riders on the last ride had never been over the hill on a bike & they were bloody scared but a few woulds of incouragement & and they went anyway NOW THATS AN ACHIVEMENT (think about that) as for me I have to get accustomed to rideing slow(110 to 150 kph) yes to me that is slow the group i ride with go a bloody site faster than that if you were with us i suppose we would have to wait for you or would you just feel bad and go home and never ride with us again or would you try to keep up with us and get out of your comfort zone and then have an accident then who knows how long we will be waiting ? Please just remember a ride for every one is exactly that so please have a little bit of thought for those how dont have as much experiance as you.(shit I can go on cant I )

White trash
26th March 2004, 10:46
Comes with being a salesman :laugh: Me too!

If I can offer a piece of advice? This is not my bag and I obviously have no say so if anyone doesn't agree, tell me to piss off and start my own thread.

With this 250 club you have a wide variety of machines and abilities. Some guys wanna go fast, some want to cruise and learn. To keep the inexperienced riders coming back and not being scared off, you may need to run two different rides.

Example 2nd Sunday of month is local, social, GROUP ride. This could be a fairly short local ride over easy unpopulated roads, in a group. There may or may not be overtaking allowed. I dont know but this gives people a chance to find their footing on the road.

Then say on the 4th Sunday hev a longer ride for the guys that want to hoon.

A word of warning, take from it what you will.

6 years ago Sawyers had two organised ride in 3 weeks.

On the first, a very close friend and personal mentor was killed between Feathers' and Martinborough. Completely his fault, speed/showing off was the major contributing factor.

Three weeks later, next group ride another fatal accident between car bike (bike on wrong side of road). Rider died car passenger injured considerably. Three following bikes crashed into the wreckage, some badly injured.

Ever heard of Sawyers having a group road ride since then? It reflects badly.

Not trying to teach you guys hoe to suck eggs, but a customer mentioned some of you may have been riding a little silly on Sunday. I'm the last to preach but give it some thought.

matthewt
26th March 2004, 11:27
Three weeks later, next group ride another fatal accident between car bike (bike on wrong side of road). Rider died car passenger injured considerably. Three following bikes crashed into the wreckage, some badly injured.

Agreed, I was on that ride and was talking to the guy who died less than an hour before it happened (we both had cbr900's at the time). This is not a pretty thing to see or know happened on a ride you took part in. At the time I'd only been riding a few months after returning from overseas so it was a fairly bit shock at the time.

merv
26th March 2004, 19:11
Yeah definitely not a pretty sight. I was on the Ulysses ride to Riversdale and we came back past the wreckage of the Sawyers ride returning from Castlepoint. The curve it happened on tightens up and you'll know which one, its got the white cross on it now. I'm guessing the leader was riding quick and back further in the pack the bikes start racing each other and next thing someone gets out of their depth and then they're gone. The key to good riding is taking responsibility for yourself and knowing your limits and knowing when to back off.

I said to you guys when you were setting up Club 250 keep it simple and it should be a success for people with a common interest. If you can't agree on what that is then maybe you need to be in separate groups each with their own common interest.

Ulysses and e-Riders are much the same in that we tend to ride along and just regroup occasionally to let the slower ones catch up. That means too don't just take off when the slow ones arrive as they will need a break. Give them time and it gives you a chance to chat to others if you are waiting. Maybe I'm getting old and its improving my patience.

Dirt riding like Pukemanu, riding quick just meant I did more gate duty and it gave me time to take photos which I enjoy doing too so perhaps the quickest Club 250 people ought to be snapping the photos and posting them here for us to see.