PDA

View Full Version : Hi there - Chat Menu

ennead
7th January 2006, 14:19
I have just joined and this site is awesome. Am still finding my way around but have got this far so must be doing something right.

Not sure what the chat menu is about. Do I need to dow load something to be able to chat?

Any advice to help me find my way around gratefully appreciated.

I am a new biker. Brought a GN125 6 months ago and have only riden 80 kilometres total. Am a bit nervous so any advice appreciated.

Colapop
7th January 2006, 14:22
Welcome,
Go on ya mate a) for getting a bike and getting riding and b) for finding the site. There are heaps of Auckland riders and plenty of advice here so feel free to get some k's under your belt and questions asked.

Nicksta
7th January 2006, 14:26
I have just joined and this site is awesome. Am still finding my way around but have got this far so must be doing something right.

Not sure what the chat menu is about. Do I need to dow load something to be able to chat?

Any advice to help me find my way around gratefully appreciated.

I am a new biker. Brought a GN125 6 months ago and have only riden 80 kilometres total. Am a bit nervous so any advice appreciated.

welcome, nice to see another chick, for the chat you have to download the Mirc thingie, if you click on the little arrow next to the chat work it offers the option at the bottom of the list.... doesn't take long... :niceone:

ennead
7th January 2006, 14:59
Thx. Am starting to find my way around. It is a bit scary but I guess like anything - eay when you know how.
Have you been riding long?

crashe
7th January 2006, 15:03
Chat room info - If you download MIRC then please put in a false email addy..... people can find out your email addy from that and you wont want to be hassled...

or you can download JAVA.... and that will get you also in the chat room.

The chat room is more busier at night time than during the day time.

Mental Trousers
7th January 2006, 15:32
Hi.

Have a read of this - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=20256

Chances are you'll need to download the latest version of Java. I wouldn't recommend using mIRC unless you are keen to learn stuff. The Java client is more than sufficient to just chat.

If you've got any questions just private message me.

Sniper
7th January 2006, 19:20
Welcome to the site mate. Stay safe on the roads.

Patch
7th January 2006, 19:39
Thx. Am starting to find my way around. It is a bit scary but I guess like anything - eay when you know how.
Have you been riding long?

Hi,

Take the time to come out for a ride with some fellow KB'rs, a great way to learn and meet people. Don't worry about the nerves, they go away eventually, just take it easy and be careful. Helps to pillion with an experienced rider sometimes, it will help you to learn to lean and not freak out. Hope to see you one day.

Cheers