PDA

View Full Version : Quoting posts

James Deuce
9th January 2006, 10:53
SpankMe has made the point before but it needs reiterating.

There is no need to quote the previous post when replying to it. Think of the posting process as a conversation. I'll bet you seldom repeat what someone just said, verbatim and in its entirety.

When you feel the need to quote a more lengthy post, especially one that is displayed on the same page as yours will be, don't use the entire quote, just quote the fragment that relates to your point, or quote the first sentence and snip the rest.

Thanks

Grahameeboy
9th January 2006, 15:14
Me quilty once and then realised what a pratt I was so trying to remember this.....

onearmedbandit
9th January 2006, 15:22
Good point Jim.

However sorry mate, but I had to laugh at SM!

Colapop
9th January 2006, 15:25
Sometimes its because us with fart fingers can't type wery quickery, and the converstation has nmoved oin while we're typing and editing mistakes and everything

onearmedbandit
9th January 2006, 15:30
No problem, just cut it down to the first sentence or relevant text of what you want to quote, that'll link it in with your post.

James Deuce
9th January 2006, 17:10

He'll keep.

MSTRS
9th January 2006, 17:20
SpankMe has made the point before but it needs reiterating.

There is no need to quote the previous post when replying to it. Think of the posting process as a conversation. I'll bet you seldom repeat what someone just said, verbatim and in its entirety.

When you feel the need to quote a more lengthy post, especially one that is displayed on the same page as yours will be, don't use the entire quote, just quote the fragment that relates to your point, or quote the first sentence and snip the rest.

Thanks

No worries.

Good point Jim.

He'll keep.
It's OK when showing relevance ??

James Deuce
9th January 2006, 17:25
Gahhh.

GAAHHHHH.

MSTRS
9th January 2006, 17:26
You choking ?? Hang on - I'll fix it on Saturday.:apint:

Virago
9th January 2006, 17:29
SpankMe has....small testicles.
And something needs to be done about those misguided individuals that modify quotes.......:chase:

Coyote
9th January 2006, 17:31
You guy's do know you can edit your posts right? If you quote something thinking that a few peaple will post by the timeyou finnish and it turns out they don't, go back in and edit the quote down or out all together.

Otherwise a mod will do it for you and I'm sure some of you peaple that miss-quote cronicly will not like the red rep you'll probably get from some of us.
Sorry sir, won't do it again sir

SPORK
9th January 2006, 17:39
Is it ok to blow donkeys?

Shit dude, keep it to yourself. What the fuck, honestly... :shit:

Coyote
9th January 2006, 17:47
Shit dude, keep it to yourself. What the fuck, honestly... :shit:
I do not like comment likes that OWB, not at all.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22790

Waylander
9th January 2006, 17:53
You guy's do know you can edit your posts right? If you quote something thinking that a few peaple will post by the timeyou finnish and it turns out they don't, go back in and edit the quote down or out all together.

Otherwise a mod will do it for you and I'm sure some of you peaple that miss-quote cronicly will not like the red rep you'll probably get from some of us.

Hitcher
9th January 2006, 18:14
Otherwise a mod will do it for you
Not when they can only type with one hand, they fucking won't.

Virago
9th January 2006, 18:22
And something needs to be done about those misguided individuals that modify quotes.......:chase:
...who modify quotes....

Just helping Hitcher, poor lamb...

onearmedbandit
9th January 2006, 19:27
Not when they can only type with one hand, they fucking won't.

Oh boo-hoo! Pleeease!!

Hitcher
9th January 2006, 19:31
We should get together and give ourselves a round of applause...

Waylander
9th January 2006, 19:37
BAHAHAHA!!!! He caught ya there Hitch lol.

Sniper
9th January 2006, 20:53
This thread was really stirring up a hornets nest, but very good point, thanks Jim

SPORK
10th January 2006, 00:21
Oh boo-hoo! Pleeease!!
You know, this is the first time I realised you'd have to type with one arm. I always neglected to realise that. Golly gosh, a hero among men, aren't you?

BTW, are you really muscly in your arm?

Jamezo
10th January 2006, 06:43

Well HA! That's the first drop of pure gold I've heard from Hitcher in a while. Why I thought you were losing your touch...

onearmedbandit
10th January 2006, 08:27
You know, this is the first time I realised you'd have to type with one arm. I always neglected to realise that. Golly gosh, a hero among men, aren't you?

BTW, are you really muscly in your arm?

Yeah it's built up a lot, hence my user-title!

emaN
10th January 2006, 08:36
wow...it took a little over 4hrs for someone to quote you, Jim2...
i was itching to do it!!!
but figured that since i'm a relatively noob i'd better pull my head in and let the likes of SM do the honours
:nono:

SPORK
10th January 2006, 11:37
Yeah it's built up a lot, hence my user-title!
The mind boggles thinking about how you open a jar with one arm...

Sketchy_Racer
12th January 2006, 15:08
yes it does scoots magoo!!

onearmedbandit
4th February 2006, 14:11
Ahh yeah. Could look a little suspect from behind I suppose. Either I grab it between my knees or hold it against a flat surface with my upper body. Failing that, as long as they could hold it still I'll get whoever wants it opened to hold it with both hands. Tipped a few people over doing that though, and I'm not a big guy!

sAsLEX
4th February 2006, 15:03

whats the sound of one hand clapping?

or teh favourite conversation piece of KB:

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a sounds??

onearmedbandit
4th February 2006, 16:45
Fuck you SM, don't misquote me!!!

LMFAO!!

mstriumph
13th February 2006, 02:02
Well HA! That's the first drop of pure gold I've heard from Hitcher in a while. Why I thought you were losing your touch...
well - like - DUH!! of COURSE he's lost [half] his touch if he's down to one hand ..........:no: [pt]