PDA

View Full Version : weekend teaser

froggyfrenchman
9th January 2006, 15:05
Last weekend, i spent saturday putting my 400 back together, long story.

Then my best mate arrived on the '03 gs1200ss he had just bought. I took it for a bit of a thrash and was almost convinced that inline fours were the way to go, but then my step father asked my opinion on a Ducati st2 he was testriding. After 2.3seconds of trying to convince me to take it for a wobble, i gave in:devil2:
Riding the Duke was the most fun ive had in bloody ages, and restored my faith in the V-twin sportsbike:love:
Then today at work, a mate got me to take his '97tl1000s for a blast to see what i thought was wrong with his back brakes. More great fun on a twin!

Spent the afternoon working out how far away i was from being able to buy a big sprotsbike twin myself (have been savin a while now..) I worked out about may/june.

Got home this afternoon and there, waiting in the letterbox, with a godly glow emiting from it... was a preaproved loan for $10,000..:soon:

MSTRS
9th January 2006, 15:08
Toss it away!!!! Tear it up!!!! Don't be tempted!!!!!
Keep saving - it'll take a little longer - but it'll cost you less.

ZorsT
9th January 2006, 15:15
Gotta agree there

borrowing money for something that'll cost you money is like throwing your money down the money hole....:pinch:

yungatart
9th January 2006, 15:21
Have you not heard of the new easy payment plan-1 payment, no interest-easy, eh? Keep saving, Froggy!

Sniper
9th January 2006, 17:11
Save froggy save. Don't be tempted to be stuck in a loan situation. I used be there and it wasn't nice

froggyfrenchman
9th January 2006, 17:35
I am still saving... but it was bloody hard to screw it up, just the wrong day completely. Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Bring on May!

myvice
10th January 2006, 20:47
Hope your doing better than I am, had some nasty bills wipe out my new bike fund! Very sad.:doh:

froggyfrenchman
11th January 2006, 17:14
its happened constantly over the last year. as far as im conserned, the bike money dosnt exist. if im behind on the bills, its overtime for me. Quite hard to work ot into the day though... 1st job, 6-2:30. 2nd job 3-10:(