PDA

View Full Version : Choke stuck

Ms Piggy
16th March 2004, 12:28
Hey All,
My choke is stuck, I can't get it to move at all...I haven't had much of a play b/c I haven't been needing to use it but I know with the onset of winter I will need it.

What is a gal to do?? Any ideas?

Thanks Cathy :)

riffer
16th March 2004, 12:40
What is a gal to do?? Any ideas?
There's a few of us here with some tools and some CRC. Ask nicely and I'm sure one of us can fix it for you :yes:

jrandom
16th March 2004, 12:40
My choke is stuck, I can't get it to move at all...

Well, you obviously haven't been using it enough recently.

You might need a hand from someone experienced in pulling a choke to get you going, but once it's sliding in and out smoothly, you should be right as rain.

And don't forget, there's nothing wrong with using a little lubricant.

MikeL
16th March 2004, 12:45
Some people have a one-track mind.

And it's a dirt track, at that...

:D

Ms Piggy
16th March 2004, 15:48
Well, you obviously haven't been using it enough recently.

You might need a hand from someone experienced in pulling a choke to get you going, but once it's sliding in and out smoothly, you should be right as rain.

And don't forget, there's nothing wrong with using a little lubricant.

Ahhhh yessss - well I shall give it a good lube & trying tugging a bit harder.

Ms Piggy
16th March 2004, 15:51
There's a few of us here with some tools and some CRC. Ask nicely and I'm sure one of us can fix it for you :yes:

Thanks Celtic - as you can tell I'm sooooo un-mechanically minded. I kinda thought a bit of CRC would be the goer, but I didn't wanna do anything stoopid and wreck my little beast.

I'm sure I can do that myself :niceone:

riffer
16th March 2004, 15:54
Thanks Celtic - as you can tell I'm sooooo un-mechanically minded. I kinda thought a bit of CRC would be the goer, but I didn't wanna do anything stoopid and wreck my little beast.

I'm sure I can do that myself :niceone:
Be nice and slow Cathy - could be stuck at the handlebar end - but it could also be rust in the cable. You could break a cable if you are too rough.

Ms Piggy
16th March 2004, 15:56
Be nice and slow Cathy - could be stuck at the handlebar end - but it could also be rust in the cable. You could break a cable if you are too rough.

Ok - cheers for that! This is gonna mean getting my hands dirty!! :eek5: