PDA

View Full Version : Bucket update

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Ivan
10th January 2006, 23:06
RG100!! came over to stay for a few days and we got bored at midnight of watching crash kings and we decided a coffee and a stereo and out to the shed we go to work on XL motor, we set to work with a high caffene coffee and ended up getting stuck with electrics so in side we came went on net and checked out wiring diagrams while having another coffee then got back to work, we ended at 5:00 am with no luck:sweatdrop .

Wake up at 11 am this morning and get back to work to find the motor has had CDI top end added and Points bottom end and someone had butchered it, deciding what to do we mucked around on it then we decided to ask Dadple if he had a motor for parts (thanks), we ended up scoring a CT125 motor of him which is a full CDI motor but was siezed from sitting so we pulled it apart and cleaned the piston up finding it had a high compression race piston in it but the barrel was a bit scratched so we put the XL barrel and head on it and the standered piston was more modern than the high compression one, so we chucked that in and kept the other for spares kit, we chucked a plug in to check compression and it was alot higher than stock which should be good but now need a new CDI as my CDI box is fucked:slap:

Ivan
12th January 2006, 11:30
New update have CDI off a DR 125 suzuki just sorting out wiring and bike should be sparking, pics are coming as well

k14
12th January 2006, 12:02
Cool man, can't wait to see it. Hopefully you'll have it ready for the manfeild meet next month. Should be able to make it hopefully.

Sketchy_Racer
12th January 2006, 14:36
yea you have to come k14!! It will be cool to get to meet some of the KB crew ;)

Ivan
12th January 2006, 16:45
Cool man, can't wait to see it. Hopefully you'll have it ready for the manfeild meet next month. Should be able to make it hopefully.

If it aint ready I will be there on my RG50 but RG100!! do you remember what I did with the key when I locked the steering on it as I can not undo it lol

Sketchy_Racer
12th January 2006, 19:23
nope i dunno..... lol thats funny!!

Ivan
12th January 2006, 19:27
nope i dunno..... lol thats funny!!

ask bayden f we can start circle racing p;ease

F5 Dave
13th January 2006, 10:43
Steering lock? Good grief, why the hell have you still got that attached? Just pull the plug & take it off & rig a kill switch to the light switch & earth.

Next you’ll say you have the helmet lock, & rectifier regulator still on.

Please don’t tell me you leave the poor thing outside.:wacko:

Sketchy_Racer
13th January 2006, 12:26
he does still have all that stuff on!!! and the speedo! oh and dont forget about the battery!!

Ivan
13th January 2006, 12:40
he does still have all that stuff on!!! and the speedo! oh and dont forget about the battery!!

and anti dive and speedo rev gauge temp gauge, steering lock battery and helmet holder and had to leave it outside cause I working on other bikes

F5 Dave
13th January 2006, 13:09
Good grief, there's 5 kilos right there. That's got to worth a hp. Why do you hark on about wanting performance mods to the engine & better handling if you don't strip the weight off?

Sketchy_Racer
13th January 2006, 13:15
cause hes a stupid Ginger head!!! :pokey:

Ivan
14th January 2006, 23:35
Good grief, there's 5 kilos right there. That's got to worth a hp. Why do you hark on about wanting performance mods to the engine & better handling if you don't strip the weight off?

it is going on a health diet

Ivan
15th January 2006, 21:12
Bucket is on bench at momment as I have nothing to do and dont know if it will be ready for next round so I need to get my ass into gear

Sketchy_Racer
16th January 2006, 15:03
heres an update on my bucket.

its been painted :buggerd:

k14
16th January 2006, 15:25
thats too flash to be a bucket

Sketchy_Racer
16th January 2006, 16:18
na not really.... it looks worse in real life.

Bert
16th January 2006, 17:15
Ivan WTF get your ass into gear, isn't it the holidays ? get into it man. though in saying that. I've stalled on mine, but getting there slowly.

RG - looking good. i think the slicks might make a difference. did you find my post about the rear sprockets, this might make all the difference at manfield. and whats the story about selling the cbr, you'll be fast enough on that,

good luck boys get into it...

Sketchy_Racer
16th January 2006, 18:50
hey bert,

the reason i am selling my CBR is that it is worth more as a street bike than a race bike. Then im gonna get me a fugly RG or KR 150 !! that way i can afford new leathers etc, as the ones i have at the moment arent mine.

sounds like a plan stan??

Ivan
17th January 2006, 21:39
looks like a minta

Bert
17th January 2006, 21:50
hey bert,

the reason i am selling my CBR is that it is worth more as a street bike than a race bike. Then im gonna get me a fugly RG or KR 150 !! that way i can afford new leathers etc, as the ones i have at the moment arent mine.

sounds like a plan stan??

sounds fear to me, best of luck finding a new toy.:woohoo:

Ivan
17th January 2006, 21:52
I am gonna get really stuck into it tommorw

Sketchy_Racer
18th January 2006, 09:23
I am gonna really suck it in tomorrow

good Onya !

and the reason i say sell the CBR as a street bike is because it is still regestered so i dont have to get it revinned :yeah: and i also got lots of parts coming :Punk: so it will be cooooollll

Ivan
18th January 2006, 20:00
got me all the elctrics

Ivan
19th January 2006, 07:58
ok the electrics are off a quad and I had the pulser pickups the lot on those cool female plugs and they just clipped up to a male plug and then I think the other wires are lights etc they are brown and shit I got wires from pulser pickup to CDI and then wires onto the coil but last night that rear axle stand you saw RG100!! the pole to it bent so I cant sit on it or else it will slide of bench. This got my hopes up a little more thing that I am that close now and just need to get it sparking then the rest is a piece of piss. I am going to race this bike only a few times a year this year cause I might as well since Im at Weltec do the motor right up

Skunk
19th January 2006, 10:34
ok the electrics are off a quad... < snip > ...Weltec do the motor right upWhat!?! :scratch:

Ivan
19th January 2006, 20:55
What!?! :scratch:

easy

how is the AX

Skunk
20th January 2006, 16:38
easy:scratch:

how is the AXSlow. Still having problems with getting the front end done, but I have help from Bert

Bert
20th January 2006, 22:55
:scratch:

Slow. Still having problems with getting the front end done, but I have help from Bert

We will get you sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!!1:Punk:

Sorry about the call I was doing a romantic dinner with the wife - she not happy with all the toys i've been buying. :hug:
Catch you monday.

Ivan
21st January 2006, 01:01
Is that motor I gave you crap?

I have got spark on my motor now and am going to start it tommorow, It is also bolted in and may have a petrol tank from a scooter since they are about 4 litres and small so it should be a minta bike will have to post some photos

Ivan
21st January 2006, 01:04
Ok I have quad electrics on the motor at the momment but have a Exhaust system CDI and Carb coming in from Thailand, I am doing the motorcycle mechanics course at Weltec this year and am going to tune the fuck out of the motor, i will bore it to 150cc and maybe run a oil cooler cause I read for aircooled motors that are used for high performance it is good to run an oil cooler system

Sketchy_Racer
21st January 2006, 08:22
you wont be able to run a oil cooler..... not without some serious modifications.

but boring it out to 150 sounds like a better idea.

oh and when are you coming over??? and when you do bring me some new tires! for ma bucket

Sketchy_Racer
21st January 2006, 08:25
Sorry about the call I was doing a romantic dinner with the wife - she not happy with all the toys i've been buying. :hug:
Catch you monday.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

you were haveing a 'romantic dinner' with this person you call a 'wife'

boy you need to get your priorites right. Now get back in that shed and make the worlds coolest looking bucket :hitcher:
(p/t)

Ivan
21st January 2006, 21:26
you wont be able to run a oil cooler..... not without some serious modifications.

but boring it out to 150 sounds like a better idea.

oh and when are you coming over??? and when you do bring me some new tires! for ma bucket

Not to hard to do oil cooler, 150 is good idea and dont know when I coming

Ivan
28th January 2006, 11:10
OK motor sparks now the lot only problem I have at the momment is that I fucked my collar bone up again push biking dont think it is broken just sore as hell

and I need to aadjust the tappets to 0.05mm.
and then I need to sort out a tank and then a exhaust system etc

Buddha#81
28th January 2006, 12:18
Photo's please

Sketchy_Racer
28th January 2006, 15:30
meh its just as gay as it was before.......

tut tut ivan, i told you to get a Suzuki. You never listen to me.

Skunk
28th January 2006, 22:06
Good to see someone is making progress... :(

Bert
29th January 2006, 07:43
Good to see someone is making progress... :(

Slow progress skunk ????? whats the problem.
Ivan - take some more development photos - some of us are keen to see what you have done.

Sketchy_Racer
29th January 2006, 08:34
and im keen to see what you have got done Bert??

Assuming that you have got something done................right? (p/t)

Skunk
29th January 2006, 09:09
Slow progress skunk ????? whats the problem.[Hijack] Minor stuff delaying things... Need either bearings to fit the RG/AX axle size or
drill out the RG forks and AX swingarm. Thinging of drilling as the best option as I have axles for the wheels. Then it's just the spacers to sort.
The clip-ons I had make don't fit. They aren't quite the same as the design I gave but can be machined. Can you post a pic of the ones on your RG Brent? I might copy them.
Also been offered a KH100 with a buggered motor at a really good price. Told it is setup well (clip-ons, disks rearsets etc). Haven't seen it yet though.
What to do... :crazy:

Sketchy_Racer
29th January 2006, 15:22
what to do??

get all the shit that you can posibly get.

Build a bike out of all the best shit, then give the rest away or sell or what ever...... thats the bucket way ;)

Skunk
29th January 2006, 21:20
Nah, that's the OLD bucket way.

The NEW bucket way is to buy the fast/best Thailand special Replica and go racing with it. :buggerd:

[/sarcasm]

Ivan
30th January 2006, 10:10

The NEW bucket way is to buy the fast/best Thailand special Replica and go racing with it. :buggerd:

[/sarcasm]

Yeah I know I am only getting the parts from thailand cause they are cheap.

I had the same problem when I joined there were alot of guys on bikes that were buckets but over the last few years I have seen buckets go a little far,

Im just hoping that with a nice chassis like this one and a old 70-80s tech motor with minor mods will perform well.

actually do any of you guys have a bored out xl,ct,tl 125 to 150 barrel:Punk:

speedpro
30th January 2006, 16:10
This " when I started bucket racing blah blah blah now it's just the $$$s" thing has been getting brought up over and over again for as long as I can remember. Theoretically buckets should now cost more than a Yamaha M1. Funnily enough they don't. Also with "ALL" the changes that have been made to the regulations it is still the same "old school" buckets that are the fastest. To go fast does cost money, that's the way it is, even in bucket racing but fast buckets don't cost any more than they did when I started more than 20 years ago.

Bert
30th January 2006, 16:56
[Hijack] Minor stuff delaying things... Need either bearings to fit the RG/AX axle size or
drill out the RG forks and AX swingarm. Thinging of drilling as the best option as I have axles for the wheels. Then it's just the spacers to sort.
The clip-ons I had make don't fit. They aren't quite the same as the design I gave but can be machined. Can you post a pic of the ones on your RG Brent? I might copy them.
Also been offered a KH100 with a buggered motor at a really good price. Told it is setup well (clip-ons, disks rearsets etc). Haven't seen it yet though.

hummm bugger I was sure that they were the same size, I'll have a look and see if I've got some bearings that will do the job, sorry mate.

bugger about the clip ons. I'll take some photos tonight. If you struggle I'll lend you mine until you get yours sorted.

Ok what Have I been up to ??- Sweet FA (to much cricket not enought time in the shed). though thanks to bucket'n'bits my tank has arrived today, so now I can also sort out my seat.
started to bend up my front engine mounts, and I've finished the mods to my chamber, which should give it abit more low-mid range...... ???
Striped down the engine and given it a new ring + main bearings etc.

so with some hope it might be finished by sunday - monday.

TUI

may take photos when finished but not before, should really be a suprise for manfield.

Brent

Skunk
30th January 2006, 17:03
This " when I started bucket racing blah blah blah now it's just the $$$s" thing has been getting brought up over and over again for as long as I can remember. Theoretically buckets should now cost more than a Yamaha M1. Funnily enough they don't. Also with "ALL" the changes that have been made to the regulations it is still the same "old school" buckets that are the fastest. To go fast does cost money, that's the way it is, even in bucket racing but fast buckets don't cost any more than they did when I started more than 20 years ago.I wasn't complaining... just moaning I have to work on an old bike cos I can't afford a new one.

Bert
30th January 2006, 19:04
[Hijack]

here we go.

gav
30th January 2006, 19:43
Any of you Auckland Bucketeers know this bike? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=46416948&permanent=

Skunk
30th January 2006, 20:54
here we go.Cheers - thats looks like the idea.

Bert
30th January 2006, 21:00
Cheers - thats looks like the idea.

nice and simple and they have lasted very well.

Sketchy_Racer
31st January 2006, 08:36
hey bert,

with your clipons, Do you leave them a litte loose so that if you crash, they fold in rather than bend??

I think im gonna make some for my FXR cause at the mo, they are very bent from my last 'off'

Bert
31st January 2006, 15:51
hey bert,

with your clipons, Do you leave them a litte loose so that if you crash, they fold in rather than bend??

I think im gonna make some for my FXR cause at the mo, they are very bent from my last 'off'

oooo'yes - but I use to fall off alot:angry2:

I do them up as tight that I can't move them, but when I hit them with a rubber hammer they fold up (around 24-26 foot pounds).

as for your clipons - heat them up and straighten them (steel use a oxy kit, ali throw them in then oven at 280 degrees and slow bend them back to shape, - don't forget to ask mum and do it over several attempts, let them cool slowly in the oven). though someone might have a better way.

- no need to buy new one's. (and don't fall off on that side again).

Bert
31st January 2006, 21:54

[/sarcasm]

Nah, fill your shed up with crap over a ten year period, with the foresight that you will want to race again. then slowly create the best toy ever.

Go the mighty Two Smoker.

Progress :

Made front engine mount tonight- looks like shit (can't seem to bend box section very well). so I"ll have a think and start again on Sat....:thud:

Skunk
1st February 2006, 08:28
Made front engine mount tonight- looks like shit (can't seem to bend box section very well). so I"ll have a think and start again on Sat....:thud:
Can you cut slices into the inside edge then bend and weld it? Or is it too tight for that?

Picked up a KH100 last night. Bugger me - it's got a RG50 front end, complete with clip-ons (guess where that's going...). Motor in it is beyond repair. So is the gearbox :nya: so I'm looking for a Kwaka two stoke motor and box. Rear swingarm is off a Suzuki (E Full Floater) with a 17" wheel. Some of the older Wgtn bucket guys will know the bike. I plan to get it and the AX100 running.

What's the deal with running two bikes in the same class? Can I swap each race or do I have to stay on one bike for the points (like I'll be in the running :blah: )?

Ivan
1st February 2006, 11:26
Here they are

pic 1 the bike
Pic 2 me and the bike
pic 3 the engine mounts

Sketchy_Racer
1st February 2006, 13:38
Buhahaha

whos that feckin ugly ginge dude in the photo?? man sucks to be him :lol:

looking good though ;)

Bert
1st February 2006, 21:45
looks good ivan.

Bert
1st February 2006, 21:50
Can you cut slices into the inside edge then bend and weld it? Or is it too tight for that?

Picked up a KH100 last night. Bugger me - it's got a RG50 front end, complete with clip-ons (guess where that's going...). Motor in it is beyond repair. So is the gearbox :nya: so I'm looking for a Kwaka two stoke motor and box. Rear swingarm is off a Suzuki (E Full Floater) with a 17" wheel. Some of the older Wgtn bucket guys will know the bike. I plan to get it and the AX100 running.

What's the deal with running two bikes in the same class? Can I swap each race or do I have to stay on one bike for the points (like I'll be in the running :blah: )?

slices - yep thats what i was doing to do, it that don't work then it going to be straight.

KH100 - bugger me good score my boy. its a shame really I gave away a KH before christmas. PM spieghts bud and see if he is going to use it, ( i think he has lost intrest in that project).

Ivan
2nd February 2006, 09:59
Buhahaha

whos that feckin ugly ginge dude in the photo?? man sucks to be him :lol:

looking good though ;)

Shut yo face I know your jealous of the good looks that is the bike of course:Punk:

Skunk
2nd February 2006, 20:26
KH100 - bugger me good score my boy. its a shame really I gave away a KH before christmas. PM spieghts bud and see if he is going to use it, ( i think he has lost intrest in that project).PM sent... I've got the AX100 ready to go (part from stapling the seat cover on and lock wiring the drain plug). ;)
Not much left of the KH100 but I'll build it up over time.

gav
2nd February 2006, 20:52
Shut yo face I know your jealous of the good looks that is the bike of course:Punk:
So when you going to finish it?

Sketchy_Racer
2nd February 2006, 21:33
not this side of christmas at the rate hes going...............

Bert
2nd February 2006, 21:35
PM sent... I've got the AX100 ready to go (part from stapling the seat cover on and lock wiring the drain plug). ;)
Not much left of the KH100 but I'll build it up over time.

Sweet at less one of us has ot things sorted.
here's a photo of my progress (wasn't going to but you guys might have some usefull comments to make).

Not to much more to do just no bloody time.

Skunk
2nd February 2006, 21:56
Not to much more to do just no bloody time.
But it's looking good! Long weekend this weekend - let's see; 18hrs per day times 3 days = 54hrs - that should be enough time to finish it. :lol:

What's ya list got on it?

Bert
2nd February 2006, 22:06
But it's looking good! Long weekend this weekend - let's see; 18hrs per day times 3 days = 54hrs - that should be enough time to finish it. :lol:

What's ya list got on it?

54 hrs i wish, have to play cricket sat & monday. so sundays it

1. front mount (going simple square after mondays cockup)
2. finish welding up zorst
3. transplanting race motor ( no doubt something will need to be adjusted)
4. bleed brakes
5. mould rearsets and pegs (might use old one's to save time)
6 the main one - fix welder as it shat itself tonight.

Sketchy_Racer
3rd February 2006, 07:55
Oi!!

where did you get that rear hugger from????? i want one!!!!!!!!

Ivan
3rd February 2006, 10:38
So when you going to finish it?

soon soon soon,

I just got t adjust tappets and throw some fuel in

Skunk
3rd February 2006, 11:40
1. front mount (going simple square after mondays cockup)
2. finish welding up zorst
3. transplanting race motor ( no doubt something will need to be adjusted)
4. bleed brakes
5. mould rearsets and pegs (might use old one's to save time)
6 the main one - fix welder as it shat itself tonight.Man, if you lived closer I'd give you a hand...

F5 Dave
3rd February 2006, 15:13
Skunk, you could of course run a KH or maybe KE125 if you had a 24mm carb

Skunk
3rd February 2006, 15:36
Skunk, you could of course run a KH or maybe KE125 if you had a 24mm carbThanks for the info. That's the sort of shit I don't know enough of. Current (buggered) motor had a small carb stuck directly onto the side of the crankcase.

Bert
3rd February 2006, 17:13
Thanks for the info. That's the sort of shit I don't know enough of. Current (buggered) motor had a small carb stuck directly onto the side of the crankcase.

yep those rotory (sp) valve induction motors are pigs to work on and get power out of, but once you have, they are dam fast.
What you need is two bikes with the same motor so you can play with one see what works.

Bert
3rd February 2006, 17:25
Skunk, you could of course run a KH or maybe KE125 if you had a 24mm carb

Skunk - i think i've got a 24mm in the shed if you find a going 125, but you would have to mod the intake slot and do some work on the rotory valve to make it worth while, and thats before you even start on the porting.
Stick to what you've got, old AX has alot of untaped power ready and waiting for someone to find out how to get it out.

RG100 the hugger is off my old RS (forgot about it, deep in the shed)

Skunk
3rd February 2006, 18:47
The AX100 is a runner so I won't be stuffing around much with that much. I have a ported barrel from Ivan to go on it when I've sorted the timing out and made a pipe. I don't even know what rev range I use yet so it's a way off.
The KH100 is a project. Find the best bits I can and build it slowly.

Cheers for the carb offer.

What's the easiest way of hooking up a rev counter? I know nothing of two stroke bike electrics (only car).

Bert
4th February 2006, 07:52
The AX100 is a runner so I won't be stuffing around much with that much. I have a ported barrel from Ivan to go on it when I've sorted the timing out and made a pipe. I don't even know what rev range I use yet so it's a way off.
The KH100 is a project. Find the best bits I can and build it slowly.

Cheers for the carb offer.

What's the easiest way of hooking up a rev counter? I know nothing of two stroke bike electrics (only car).

Look and see if the AX has a mechanical drive (for the rev counter) and go down to B'n'B and get the cable and counter, if not then it's quite a effort to sort out.

+But here go's another cheep way:
1. find the connection between cdi and top coil and slice and measure the voltage (while the bikes going~100v) this should pulse every time it sparks.

2. find someone with a pic micro programe kit, and a pic16f84a (5-$11) and setup a programe that records every ten pulses then calc the average time - convert to RPM (a pulse output). - note a series of resisters will need to be connected in parallel to drop down the voltage to max 2.5v.

3. the output can be connected to a pushbike speedo. then set that up as a 100.1 setting. then you will have 10,000 rpm displayed as 100km/h (this is a cheep way). - talk to skelstar he seems to knows abit about electronics and might be able to build something for you.
(the above is how I am tring to building it - but I've been working on it now for 5 months:( )

or

buy a inductive pickup RMP meter for a gokart that straps on to the sparkplug lead. $$$$

other than that you're stuffed - these old two strokes are a pain to get a RMP gauge for.

Skunk
4th February 2006, 08:19
Look and see if the AX has a mechanical drive (for the rev counter) and go down to B'n'B and get the cable and counter, if not then it's quite a effort to sort out.Nope - looked for that...

But here go's another cheap way: <snip>

or

buy a inductive pickup RMP meter for a gokart that straps on to the sparkplug lead. $$$$

other than that you're stuffed - these old two strokes are a pain to get a RMP gauge for.Oh. Great. :pinch:
I'll check with a mate of mine (telecommunications engineer - he might understand what you said in 1, 2, and 3. :whistle:

Racey Rider
4th February 2006, 10:40
actually do any of you guys have a bored out xl,ct,tl 125 to 150 barrel

I have acquired a XL125 bucket that I am considering stripping to sell as parts. Just want to get it running first. It has no spark. Do you need to run a battery to make these things spark?
PS. You do if it's running total loss ignition with no rotor, as I noticed today.

It also came with a spare barrel and piston.
The barrel is marked 124cc. is scratched in one place and is ready for a rebore. the piston is a 150cc piston for it so I have been told.
If it's of any use, let me know, and I will pop it on trademe at $1 reserve.
Racey

Ivan
7th February 2006, 08:15
I have acquired a XL125 bucket that I am considering stripping to sell as parts. Just want to get it running first. It has no spark. Do you need to run a battery to make these things spark?
PS. You do if it's running total loss ignition with no rotor, as I noticed today.

It also came with a spare barrel and piston.
The barrel is marked 124cc. is scratched in one place and is ready for a rebore. the piston is a 150cc piston for it so I have been told.
If it's of any use, let me know, and I will pop it on trademe at $1 reserve.
Racey

yap am keen Racey but dont have a trade me account:slap:

if you have no fly wheel you need a Battery but that can become a hassle at times if you can just throw on a flywheel (points or CDI Ignition?) and then try get a standered wiring loom and go from there but if it is allready wired just get a battery and go for it

I do want the barrel and piston!!

Ivan
7th February 2006, 08:20
Ok guys I have had the ignition timing out but is adjusted and advanced a little carb running ether:yawn: cam timing was out andme and RG100!! put the wrong cam in:argh:. So I replaced that and did all the timing and I had it firing over and almost jumping into life but gave up as it was getting dark so am off to start it today!!!

It is gonna run so now all I need is a petrol tank a chain and finish exhaust system

Racey Rider
7th February 2006, 11:38
It is gonna run so now all I need is a petrol tank a chain and finish exhaust system

I have all the above stuff available if you can't find it locally.

Have listed barrel and piston on T/me here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=47229220).

Ivan
7th February 2006, 13:27

Have listed barrel and piston on T/me here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=47229220).

yeah but I'm sorry I dont have a trade me account I will talk to my mate about using his one tho, how much as a buy now price?

Ivan
8th February 2006, 22:21
The motor runsand I am now just doing the final bits this week should be ready just somehow

gav
9th February 2006, 21:16

Hmmm, so youre the one selling that....got it sorted yet? Sounds like the bike was lent to someone who has since sold it, and now you've ended up with it?

Ivan
10th February 2006, 09:36
Tommorow I get the new exhaust sytem for it

Bert
15th February 2006, 17:17
Tommorow I get the new exhaust sytem for it
All Finished Ivan ?????

well all but there, just need to finish the zorst, tonights little project.

Had it first crash last night (fell of it stand and on to me, - yes F5 dave your were right at laughing about the stand/bench) as I was putting the back wheel back in...:bash:

but it surived

here the finished product. nearly three months of sitting in the shed. scraching my head.

Ivan
15th February 2006, 17:19
All Finished Ivan ?????

Had it first crash last night (fell of it stand and on to me, - yes F5 dave your were right at laughing about the stand/bench) as I was putting the back wheel back in...:bash:

but it surived

here the finished product. nearly three months of sitting in the shed. scraching my head.

I first to say what a mintrocket good man it cool

Ivan
15th February 2006, 17:32
no it aint finished I been mucking round changing heads on it and adjusting carb I finshed tech 4 week so will work on it tonight and tommorw once I have finished doing everything else get up at 6am nowdays

Sketchy_Racer
15th February 2006, 19:16
All Finished Ivan ?????

but it surived

Holy SHIT!!

man you are the man at making buckets look sooooo cool.

Lets just hope the engine kicks arse this time eh ;)

Good luck at the racing next weekend

Ivan
15th February 2006, 19:26
Holy SHIT!!

Yeah I think it mint to

Skunk
15th February 2006, 19:42
:Oi: Once again Bert you have forced me to wash my bike...

That looks bloody good! :woohoo:

Sketchy_Racer
15th February 2006, 19:44
too good if you ask me.

thats got "crash me" written all over it :lol:

Ivan
16th February 2006, 10:54
too good if you ask me.

thats got "crash me" written all over it :lol:

Nah I doubt it, My bike has championship winner written on it literally

I going to go add that to the tail fairing lol

k14
16th February 2006, 11:24
Nah I doubt it, My bike has championship winner written on it literally
come on ivan, none of that talk. now my computer screen has half eaten sandwich all over it. remind me to never read one of your posts whilst eating lunch :rofl:

Ivan
16th February 2006, 11:40
come on ivan, none of that talk. now my computer screen has half eaten sandwich all over it. remind me to never read one of your posts whilst eating lunch :rofl:

Ok I wont but it would be funny I gotta get back toengraving my tools

Bert
17th February 2006, 16:11
Holy SHIT!!

Cheers, I'm looking forward to it, though it is a bugger not to be able to ride the 250 as well but there will aways be other days.

Sketchy_Racer
18th February 2006, 08:50
yea im in the same situation that you are in with my CBR !!!
i wanna give a good ride around the track but i wanna race the buckets.

I know what one i wanna do tho ;)

Ivan
18th February 2006, 11:05
yea im in the same situation that you are in with my CBR !!!
i wanna give a good ride around the track but i wanna race the buckets.

I know what one i wanna do tho ;)

Yeah same with me and the RS125 I wanna scream that things neck out but buckets it is

Ivan
18th February 2006, 11:06
:angry2: Also you guys have burgled my thread:angry2:

Skunk
18th February 2006, 23:19
:angry2: Also you guys have burgled my thread:angry2::killingme You have only JUST realised? :killingme
Is your bucket ready yet?

I told my wife to go wash the bucket today... gave her a toothbrush, some Motowash and a hose.

Looks pretty good. Cleanest it's ever been.

Sketchy_Racer
19th February 2006, 11:43
oh dear god skunk...... :no:

and no Ivan has given up on his current bucket for a 'new' bucket.

A RS125 framed RG50.

all though, i dont think we will dee this one ever go either. :b

Skunk
19th February 2006, 18:16
What's the matter RG? Your girl not clean your bike for you? :killingme

Sketchy_Racer
19th February 2006, 20:21
Shuddup your face.....

just cause i aint got a girl.

and its cause i dont want one. Not cause i cant get one :lol:

still if you spent more time riding it than cleaning it, youll go a bit faster :p

Ivan
19th February 2006, 21:00
Shuddup your face.....

just cause i aint got a girl.

and its cause i dont want one. Not cause i cant get one :lol:

still if you spent more time riding it than cleaning it, youll go a bit faster :p

Yeah you dont need one that cuts race fees,

Now guys the CT is still a goer it aint finished im taking it to tech to work on this tuesday. But at home I have me a new project I just got a RS125 honda chassis and am throwing my 50 in it, so anyone got any 250 road bike wheels like tzr nsr cbr etc

Skunk
19th February 2006, 21:15
still if you spent more time riding it than cleaning it, youll go a bit faster :pI haven't spent any time cleaning it - besides, it's part of the weight reduction... :Pokey:

Sketchy_Racer
20th February 2006, 12:18
so its sooo caked in dirt that it actually add weight.

Oh a secret tip to bucket racing.................

take a shit before riding... youll loose 10kg :lol:

Bert
20th February 2006, 17:05
so its sooo caked in dirt that it actually add weight.

Oh a secret tip to bucket racing.................

take a shit before riding... youll loose 10kg :lol:

10kg, Does that sum you up ???? mostly fill of sh...:killingme

sorry RG i could help myself ....

almost finished...

Ivan
20th February 2006, 19:31
10kg, Does that sum you up ???? mostly fill of sh...:killingme

sorry RG i could help myself ....

almost finished...

yeah I aint racin tho guys:shit:

Sketchy_Racer
20th February 2006, 19:58
you suck ivan

Skunk
20th February 2006, 20:51
you suck ivanPersonal experience?

speedpro
20th February 2006, 21:01
goin' to Manfeild on Saturday, got the new tyres fitted (thanks to F5). Gonna have some fun :yeah:

Bert
20th February 2006, 21:01
Personal experience?

heehee :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
the shit talking has started...:headbang:

just finished the last part of my zorst :woohoo:

all going well i should here the lovely sound of the two stroke flyer tomorrow night, cutting things very fine. so with abit of luck i won't be on the flags on sat.

how is everyone else doing ???

Skunk
20th February 2006, 21:15
goin' to Manfeild on Saturday, got the new tyres fitted (thanks to F5). Gonna have some fun :yeah:Cool, see you there. The Pickles' new bikes ain't half bad eh?

Bert - I'm waiting for Saturday...

Bert
20th February 2006, 21:29
Cool, see you there. The Pickles' new bikes ain't half bad eh?

Bert - I'm waiting for Saturday...

so am I - cant shut up about it.
my boss has even given me a few extra hours off, over the last couple of weeks just to shut me up and help me get things finished (as most of my weekends are have been stuffed with cricket).
I'm thinking of bring out the BBQ as well, seem I'm the closest one to mansfeild. I'll confirm thursday, so people can bring stuff.

Sketchy_Racer
21st February 2006, 16:26
bayden will have a barbie with him...................

buts its a tad skody dunno if youll wanna eat stuff off it.

im running out of time with my bike. still havnt got a blade for the fairing......

k14
21st February 2006, 16:39
goin' to Manfeild on Saturday, got the new tyres fitted (thanks to F5). Gonna have some fun :yeah:
yeah gutted, was looking forward to beating ivan again. due to paeroa "incident" racings a no go for me till i get de-casted. have fun guys :drinknsin

Sketchy_Racer
21st February 2006, 18:01
yeah gutted, was looking forward to beating ivan again.

dont let it go to your head dude :lol: :shake:

Its not something that i would be proud of (:motu: Ivan :headbang:

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 19:22
FUCKEN SAD SACK BASTARDS:weep:

I aint going due to finances I dont think any of the Rappa boys are going now. I have me a new toy to work on a RG50 housed in a RS125 Honda chassis with FZR 250 back rim and FZR400 front end twin disk its gonna come out and clean you guys up like theres no tommorow on this puppy:whistle:

Heres the pics

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 19:24
dont let it go to your head dude :lol: :shake:

Its not something that i would be proud of (:motu: Ivan :headbang:

What that ment to mean I mean when I was on the CBR you were trying to lap me for one whole lap

O well guys:beer:

Skunk
22nd February 2006, 19:58
I have me a new toy to work on a RG50 housed in a RS125 Honda chassis with FZR 250 back rim and FZR400 front end twin diskCan I have it when you give up on it? :killingme :2thumbsup

Seriously though; are those forks bent or is it just the photo?

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 20:06
Can I have it when you give up on it? :killingme :2thumbsup

Seriously though; are those forks bent or is it just the photo?

NO NO NO

Theforks aint on properly they just sitting 4 photo

Sketchy_Racer
22nd February 2006, 20:06
i think you will be better off using the aprillia front end dude..........

anyways........... as skunk said.

When you give up im buying that frame!!!!!!

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 20:07
i think you will be better off using the aprillia front end dude..........

anyways........... as skunk said.

When you give up im buying that frame!!!!!!

No dad racing Aprillia I running FZR front end

Sketchy_Racer
22nd February 2006, 20:08
and FFS SAKE TAKE OFF THAT GAY HOMO EXAUST EXTENSION ON YOUR VAN!!!!!!!!!

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 20:11
and FFS SAKE TAKE OFF THAT GAY HOMO EXAUST EXTENSION ON YOUR VAN!!!!!!!!!

NO that is my signiture exhaust itll give the van that edge

Sketchy_Racer
22nd February 2006, 20:15
Oh and I will give you $20 if you finish this 'project'

I figure my chances as you have given up on your last two bikes.......

oh and then theres your RG50.... A mint bike thats easily a middle class runner if you ride it harder.

What im trying to say is, Sure a good bike is important. But a GOOD rider is Far Far more important.

Nathans CBR proved that when you rode it.

He was beating Jay on that. You wernt even up to me on it.

Friend to friend dude.

Ps; im sooooo farking jealous of your new bucket frame!! Cunt :p

Bert
22nd February 2006, 20:26
FUCKEN SAD SACK BASTARDS:weep:

I aint going due to finances I dont think any of the Rappa boys are going now. I have me a new toy to work on a RG50 housed in a RS125 Honda chassis with FZR 250 back rim and FZR400 front end twin disk its gonna come out and clean you guys up like theres no tommorow on this puppy:whistle:

Heres the pics

not coming...
???? WTF why the hell not ........

the only thing i can say about your new toy is bugger.... but i think you will find that the wheels are way to big, you will never get any warmth into them.
I think RG is right about the aprilla front end or even the RG50 or swap the front off you RS,

Sketchy_Racer
22nd February 2006, 20:47
yea im with bert there dude ;)

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 21:14
the last two projects are finshed? The CT is at Tech it hashad a reconed motor new cam chain etc. The RG is the RS125 motor

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 21:36
yea im with bert there dude ;)

They are the same size rims as the 125 GP rims

speedpro
22nd February 2006, 22:10
They are the same size rims as the 125 GP rims
but not the same weight, and lose a caliper and disc off the front, then change the master cylinder to get the braking power back. You are NEVER going to fade even one of those discs. I've got a NZ250 front disc on my bucket and even at Wanganui it doesn't fade. weight is a big killer of performance on a bucket and to make it even worse, on your bucket it's unsprung

Ivan
22nd February 2006, 22:13
but not the same weight, and lose a caliper and disc off the front, then change the master cylinder to get the braking power back. You are NEVER going to fade even one of those discs. I've got a NZ250 front disc on my bucket and even at Wanganui it doesn't fade. weight is a big killer of performance on a bucket and to make it even worse, on your bucket it's unsprung

Ok I dont understand but the bike will be a late braker I might get some porting done if I can get me a spare barrel for my 50. Wanganui on a bucket?:blink:

Bert
22nd February 2006, 22:15
THis sounds like fun : USA

2006 MOTORCYCLE CLASS CHANGES

Complete Class Specifications are in the 2006 Rule Book

STOCK 50cc Water Cooled – Honda NSR50R, NS50F, NS50R, Aprilia RS50, Derbi 50 and other Water cooled 50cc 2-Stroke motorcycles (except Metrakit) based on or were originally street motorcycles. 4-Stroke motorcycles allowed are CRF50, CRF70. Only modifications allowed are tires, gearing, jetting, rear shock(s), front fork springs. Aftermarket bodywork allowed

85ccGP – Engine: 2-Stroke maximum engine displacement is 93cc and 200cc single cylinder four strokes. All rules that apply to the Stock 80 class plus the following:

1. May not exceed 93cc for two strokes and 200cc single cylinder for four strokes

2. Engine modifications are open

gav
22nd February 2006, 23:05
hey Ivan,
Why fit a RG50 engine into a RS125? Whats the point? Its still only a 50cc???
Its probably going to end up heavier than your existing RG50?
Why not find/use a 100cc two stroke?

Skunk
23rd February 2006, 06:33
Anyone tell me what are good 17" rims to look for? I don't want to buy some heavy shit ones, and I don't have deep pockets.

Ivan
23rd February 2006, 09:08
hey Ivan,
Why fit a RG50 engine into a RS125? Whats the point? Its still only a 50cc???
Its probably going to end up heavier than your existing RG50?
Why not find/use a 100cc two stroke?

Well then I can raceit in two classes and look at all the fast guys winning they are on 50 cc race bikes plus I like the RG motor when its running right they are awsome and im doing it;)

:angry2: :angry2:

Sketchy_Racer
23rd February 2006, 15:09
yes ivan... they are winning...........

cause they can ride well.

and you will still bitch about 'not enough power' once you have finshed this one...........

Ivan
23rd February 2006, 20:55
yes ivan... they are winning...........

cause they can ride well.

and you will still bitch about 'not enough power' once you have finshed this one...........

Shut up man your acting like a dick

k14
23rd February 2006, 21:03
Shut up man your acting like a dick
roflmao, there goes that firery ginga gene again :rofl:

Ivan
23rd February 2006, 21:07
Na Na I not caring it all good I just get pissed of that they are saying it aint gonna happen blah blah blah it all good tho I dont care:blank:

Any ways back to the topic it is looking nice now quite a good secret to it.

Skunk
23rd February 2006, 21:20
What's the secret? You gonna win on this one?

speedpro
24th February 2006, 10:22
Anyone tell me what are good 17" rims to look for? I don't want to buy some heavy shit ones, and I don't have deep pockets.
Do what I did, get a GT50 front hub and lace a 17" rim to it. With some fossicking round you can still find decent priced rims in the wreckers, then you need spokes and a friendly person with a spoke threading tool. The rear was built along the same lines, find a hub, I used a drum brake item, get a rim and lace it up. The end result was nice light wheels with OK size rims. Failing that try for a set of RS wheels, but as you mentioned price they may be a problem. You will have to piss around with mounting discs and getting caliper mounts made/modified. It can be a real pain unless you have access to a welder and machine gear.

Ivan
24th February 2006, 10:29
I aint letting the secret out or else it wouldnt be secret all i am going to say is it is going to be awsome

Skunk
24th February 2006, 13:26
Do what I did, get a GT50 front hub and lace a 17" rim to it. With some fossicking round you can still find decent priced rims in the wreckers, then you need spokes and a friendly person with a spoke threading tool. The rear was built along the same lines, find a hub, I used a drum brake item, get a rim and lace it up. The end result was nice light wheels with OK size rims.Spoking the wheels sounds good... I already have one 17" rim but I'll have to count the spokes. I have an arc welder and bench grinder so that can take care of the brake offset in any case.

Dumb question: GT50? Suzuki, eh? How many spokes, or can I count them tomorrow?

You notice Ivan, we're still talking all over 'your' thread? :killingme

Bert
24th February 2006, 17:15
melt down ............................

F##KEN CRAPF##KEN CRAPF##KEN CRAPF##KEN CRAPF##KEN CRAP:slap:

anyone want pit crew....
:cry:

Ivan
26th February 2006, 10:53
Ok here it is just pics no written stuff cant let out Grand Prix details

Sketchy_Racer
26th February 2006, 10:56
ivan that front end is no good. its gonna turn like a chopper.....

Ivan
26th February 2006, 10:59
ivan that front end is no good. its gonna turn like a chopper.....

To be honest its actually quite good I'm gonna get it shaved down by my uncle I almost scrapped my knee on it just free wheeling down the drive

ajturbo
26th February 2006, 21:36
oh thanks for the bike..
it never missed a beat,
it wobbled like a belly dancer.
it was FUN!...
:Punk:

Skunk
26th February 2006, 21:51
Faster than mine too, or were you just faster than me in the corners?

Sketchy_Racer
27th February 2006, 07:29
no it was definantly fast in a stright line........

ajturbo
27th February 2006, 17:25
no it was definantly fast in a stright line........

when it stays in 3rd!!!!...
ivan .. dam thing slips out of 3rd... sometimes, when i change up it misses..
but i think i have a plan to fix it and make it faster in the corners.... (yes i'll loose weight:rofl: )

Ivan
3rd March 2006, 09:17
when it stays in 3rd!!!!...
ivan .. dam thing slips out of 3rd... sometimes, when i change up it misses..
but i think i have a plan to fix it and make it faster in the corners.... (yes i'll loose weight:rofl: )

I never had any problem with slipping out of 3rd gear I'm half pie in mind about throwing one into a rs125 and have a machine that will produce some nice grunty horses or throw in a FXR 150 (or a 4 stroke) and have torque to pull me out the corner so I can be lazy:blah:

Sketchy_Racer
3rd March 2006, 15:01
Neither will fit. Ask Dave

sorry

Ivan
3rd March 2006, 21:07

sorry

The TigCraft is a RS Chassis with a YZF 450 motor it will fit,

diesel pig
3rd March 2006, 21:33
The TigCraft is a RS Chassis with a YZF 450 motor it will fit,

You Ignorant ginger monkey! Have you actually looked at Jason Easton's TigCraft? It only uses the running gear from a RS125, the frame is make from steel tubes made to fit the YZF motor. So what RG100 said still applies.

Sketchy_Racer
4th March 2006, 08:28
ohhhhh yeah.

Im sorry dude but in the real world, Only your 50 will fit, and if you gotta engineer (your uncle) could maybe get a MB 100 in there

Edit: was supposed to say MB100 instead of RG50

Kickaha
4th March 2006, 12:27
ohhhhh yeah.

Im sorry dude but in the real world, Only your 50 will fit, and if you gotta engineer (your uncle) could maybe get a RG 50 in there

You can make just about anything fit (within reason) if you're prepared to spend the time and money

sorry

Dave also said the MB100 won't fit the RS125 chassis,good job the two guys down here who did it didn't ask him about doing it then

Sketchy_Racer
4th March 2006, 13:07
Its quite ironic (sp) that dave said that you cant get a MB100 in a RS. Cause he has got one. Its just crap tho.

Skunk
4th March 2006, 13:09
Don't know what engines to look for so some advice please.

Looking for a engine for my KH100... someone said the KE125 (? I think) would be good. What else is there? Cheap two stroke 125 that'll fit without too much engineering?

(Thanks for starting this thread for us Ivan)

Sketchy_Racer
4th March 2006, 13:16
Does this look like a Alluminium framed RS chassis Ivan?????

Ivan
4th March 2006, 21:03
Does this look like a Alluminium framed RS chassis Ivan?????

Sort of

Ignorant Ginger Monkey first time I heard that :lol:

I might be doing a RX 125 Yamaha motor same as a few Welly guys like Glen Gestin (sp) uses and he gave the FXR a run

Yeah Im with Kick tho you can throw anything a chassis with work

Sketchy_Racer
5th March 2006, 08:18
I dunno. I Think for the effort of getting a RX100 or something to fit in the RS chassis is beyond the point of "within reason"

and the only reason glen gastons on is any good is because he has spent time getting a chamber and porting etc. No bucket engines (well older ones) are 'fast' when you get them. If you put one of them in a Rs chassis, you will still get your arse kicked and still moan about "not enough power" and you know it.

Why dont you sell all the bucket stuff that you have accumulated and buy a FXR 150. That way its already a good bike and you dont have to stuff around with it, Bar putting some new tyres on it. Thats all myne has !!!

Getting the point yet you "ignorant Ginger Monkey!!!!!"

Skunk
5th March 2006, 08:34
Now you're telling him RG!

Dunno if he'll get the message.

Ivan: I'll buy what I can off you as I like the 'stuffing around' and will never be fast anyway. :woohoo:

Ivan
5th March 2006, 09:25
Ok all that got blocked by my ear plugs!

Nah a RS Chassis has alot of room for a 125 air cooled 2 stroke motor, I am thinking RG100!! is still jealous of my chassis and he wants it that is why he says sell of all your gear and buy a FXR, all I gotta say is Fuck that:angry2: I dont want to get rid of the RG50 it was my first bike and we get along like a good married couple one day itll be in a good mood and ride real well and the other days it can get a little cranky and decide it wants to crash and then bog and splutter after wards,

AND NO YOU SICK CUNTS I AINT A MOTORPHOBIC I AINT IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY RG50

Sketchy_Racer
5th March 2006, 09:29
ok ivan thats nice. But if it were so easy to put a 100 inside a RS chassis where are they all??????? einstien

Sketchy_Racer
5th March 2006, 09:37
IM A STUPID FUCKING GINGER WITH SHIT FOR BRAINS

aw now you understand your problems

Ivan
5th March 2006, 09:39
ok ivan thats nice. But if it were so easy to put a 100 inside a RS chassis where are they all??????? einstien

Were are what the MB100s? or MB 100 RS's?

If you mean MB100's they pop up on trade me every now and then and usally need a bit of work since they are old

Or if you mean MB motors in RS chassis there are a few around down South

http://sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CMCKKOLR22005/SStock/_M7R0468.jpg
http://sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CBMCCWS2005R2/Buckets/_M7R0086.jpg
http://sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CBMCCWS2005R2/Buckets/_M7R0110.jpg
http://sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CBMCCWS2005R1/Buckets/_M7R0070.jpg

there are the ones I have seen

So go Wank in the corner again

Ivan
5th March 2006, 09:40
aw now you understand your problems

Get Fucked you piece of shit I am sick and tired of you:headbang:

Kickaha
5th March 2006, 11:56

Christchurch :bleh: and it is not that easy but it can be done

Sketchy_Racer
5th March 2006, 14:50
And no one near featherston has the skills to do it. Cause they all hillbillys!!!!!

Ivan
5th March 2006, 19:35
And no one near featherston has the skills to do it. Cause they all hillbillys!!!!!

Mate Dont get me started with the Feddy Crew, I mean old Nathan is pure Featherston and he kicks yo ass at buckets, His brother Corrie kicks ass in Moto X and my uncle has all the skills in the world and so does my dad and im training to become a mechanic

So go:baby:

Sketchy_Racer
5th March 2006, 20:29
Har har,

so whats the update on your 'project' huh!!

yea thought so

speedpro
5th March 2006, 20:38
It isn't easy to fit any 100/125cc engine into an RS chassis because the motors stick out too far to the right once you have the sprockets lined up. If you sort out all that, say by watercooling the motor to make it narrower, then in the case of my MB/RS bastard the bloody carb mounting rubber bit is perfectly lined up on the shock mounting cross brace and only about 10mm away from it. The carb will also be about 50mm "into" the bottom of the tank. I've figured out ways of sorting it all but it's going to take some serious time in the garage with a TIG welder and a big pile of Aluminium scrap.

Time and a TIG welder are both problems at the moment.

A thought - a rotary valve engine would get around the problem of the carb versus shock mount, but the carb will be sticking out in the breeze far enough to cause ground clearance problems I would think.

Kickaha
6th March 2006, 06:00
It isn't easy to fit any 100/125cc engine into an RS chassis because the motors stick out too far to the right once you have the sprockets lined up. .

I think the guys here mounted the motors then sorted out the chain line at the rear wheel, I know the #9 bike had to have some fins trimmed off the barrel but I dont think #17 did, both had to modify the top shock mount and #17 also had to to the bottom of his fuel tank for the carb

#9 (Rod) spent around $400 on tig welding alone but #17 (Darryl) had all the gear to do his himself

If you look at the side on pic of each bike you can see how on Rod's bike they modified and used the lower front RS engine mount but Darryl did away with it and used the top head mount

speedpro
6th March 2006, 19:14
I also thought of putting in a jackshaft between the engine and the rear wheel. That way the motor could be mounted centrally and low out of the way and feed power to the jack shaft which would have a sprocket which lines up with the rear sprocket. It all got a bit tight for space though once I sat down and mocked it up.

Sketchy_Racer
6th March 2006, 19:23
that would be cool.... using a jackshaft. But space is very limited isnt it.

Im starting a course soon to be a certified welder..... so o can build my own stuff instead of paying someone lotsa money to do it :yay:

Ivan
8th March 2006, 19:20
My update well im not doing nothing until I get that motor of off you

Skunk
12th March 2006, 18:09
So Ivan, how is the bucket going?
Ready to give up on this bucket or will we see you racing?

Sketchy_Racer
12th March 2006, 19:03
well i hear all this news about the Aprilli framed XL125

but i still think your pushing shitup hill with your RS125

k14
12th March 2006, 19:08
So Ivan, how is the bucket going?
Ready to give up on this bucket or will we see you racing?
motogp testing this weekend i think so we'll have to wait a few more days for the update :laugh:

Skunk
12th March 2006, 22:08
motogp testing this weekend i think so we'll have to wait a few more days for the update :laugh:Is he checking out chassis and powerplants?

Ivan
13th March 2006, 18:46
Is he checking out chassis and powerplants?

Scoring a deal with KR Proton

Ivan
13th March 2006, 18:48
YEAHITLL BE ON THE TRACK mitecome to your house this weekend glenn

Sketchy_Racer
13th March 2006, 19:54
Ok then....

Bring ya DR so we can go for a ride.......

Ivan
14th March 2006, 17:10
Nah no tow ball on Civic so will have to use the RMX:shifty:

I should have about 20 bucks for fuelso I think were all go and then I can get to work on buildin mounts for the RS125 with a TS

Sketchy_Racer
14th March 2006, 19:34
PSH!!!!! YOU ON A 250 2S........ get faaaarked...

Have fun welding alluminium.....

Ivan
15th March 2006, 17:31
I rode a 05 RM 250 faster than your RMX trail bike buddy

Ivan
28th March 2006, 20:06
The CT 125 has had a XR200 head and cam added which the head has had the ports reshaped and smoothed valves got lapped in timed and today at Tech we took it outside gave it half a dozen kicks a big bang possibly a back fire? and then it fired into life idling away but the base gasket must have a rip because the oil started leaking which sucks so now I am as happy as a sandboy it runs better with the 200 head and cam than the standered 125 one no carb adjustment at all it was mint:msn-wink:

Im really stoked that all my hours of hard work and swearing cam through now im gonna bring it home and modify the exhaust pipe

Also I have started working on my TF100 suzuki which is going to fit in a RS125 honda chassis. I'm really stoked I just now need some port specs for a TF100 barrel cant get hold of Bert he seems to have disappered right of the face of Kiwi Biker

Bert
29th March 2006, 08:15
Not quite.
I've dug out the clutch (yea i know I'm slack but have been tripping around the world with work)

I've got another barrel that I'll send you as well and you can copy the porting.
now I promise I'll send it all tomorrow (thursday)

Ivan
29th March 2006, 18:23
Sweet as well you slipped right ofthe face of New Zealand then were the heck did ya go

speedpro
30th March 2006, 22:11
I had a TS100 that went pretty good. Made 19.9hp 15 years ago and it was big and fat. The basic specs said it should have been a peaky monster but it wasn't. It had 200deg ex port duration, 200deg intake port duration, and I think around 132-135deg transfer port timing. It ran 14.7:1 compression. I completely devconned over the intake reed valve to make the intake a nice smooth thing from the 32mm carb right down to the piston. With the extra intake timing there was no need for the intake reed valves and I figured they just upset flow in the port. So it was a pure piston port motor. I spent ages getting the exhaust and intake port shapes "just right". Pete Sales did the transfer ports. Even only revving to about 11,000rpm it still ate pistons even though I was using RG400 rear cylinder pistons. Another issue with these motors, even if you use the TS125ER bottom end, is that the gearbox is useless with a gap between 3rd and 4th. The clutch is marginal as well. Compared to say a Honda MB100 the crank is agricultural but with good phenolic cage bearings with C3 clearance they seem to last OK. For some reason, even though the combustion chamber had near identical dimensions to ones I used later, and I used the same ignition system, it also had an appetite for plugs. I used to change the plug and piston every second meeting.

What I'm getting at is - Don't expect too much from these motors, and even then it will take a lot of very careful work. Get a torque wrench for the head studs as well or you will pull them out. Prepare to throw parts at it if you get serious.

I wouldn't bother going to ALL the trouble to fit one of them into an RS chassis.

Ivan
31st March 2006, 10:12
Yeah sweet as but from the ones I have seen both of RG100's TF's they seem to go like snot and also last for ages. Bert he hasone andis only having a big end bearing issue but his one will be fast as well did you ever think that with upping the compression so much is going to cause the piston to travel higher andwhen it finally combusts it is going to have so much force being pushed on the piston that you will blow holes straight through the top and about the spark plug go to a hotter plug.

Any way I got my parts today from Bert and am going to get my barrel ported tommorow and get the puppy runningI have also been told that the engine mounts toan existing RS mount which I was happy with

Ivan
2nd April 2006, 14:05
Here they are the pics of it,

Abit of a update it is running XL200 head and tappet covers and it sounds nice when it runs except the valve springs and valves are on there last legs and click abit now and thenbut it runs which is the main thing

speedpro
3rd April 2006, 12:32
as well did you ever think that with upping the compression so much is going to cause the piston to travel higher andwhen it finally combusts it is going to have so much force being pushed on the piston that you will blow holes straight through the top and about the spark plug go to a hotter plug.

Compression doesn't alter the stroke and therefore how much the piston travels. As for the force bit - that is more or less what the aim of the whole exercise is, to create as much push on the top of the piston as possible. Unless the piston is faulty it is never going to push a hole in the top. Once you start making horsepower and running hard the motor will need a colder plug. I ran a "9" series plug. On the kart tracks I ran an "8" a few times. It made no difference to how long it lasted and looked a bit hot for comfort. I also ran an "8" on a faster track once (accidentally) and I got a little fuzzy edged crater in the middle of the piston.

Getting back to compression, my current aircooled motor runs 15.3:1. The new watercooled motor runs less as supposedly (and hopefully) with all the trick porting and pipe there will be more gas jammed into the combustion chamber and the compression ratio had to be reduced to compensate.

Ivan
3rd April 2006, 14:24
Compression doesn't alter the stroke and therefore how much the piston travels. As for the force bit - that is more or less what the aim of the whole exercise is, to create as much push on the top of the piston as possible. Unless the piston is faulty it is never going to push a hole in the top. Once you start making horsepower and running hard the motor will need a colder plug. I ran a "9" series plug. On the kart tracks I ran an "8" a few times. It made no difference to how long it lasted and looked a bit hot for comfort. I also ran an "8" on a faster track once (accidentally) and I got a little fuzzy edged crater in the middle of the piston.

Getting back to compression, my current aircooled motor runs 15.3:1. The new watercooled motor runs less as supposedly (and hopefully) with all the trick porting and pipe there will be more gas jammed into the combustion chamber and the compression ratio had to be reduced to compensate.

O Tru, I Have my ported barrel from Bert so I am getting taught this weekend how to do it and then I can give Bert back his Barrell I am then going to design a chamber for it learning from a few things Eric Gorr's site and can kinda remember A Graham Bells book might see if I can borrow it again for another read I am putting the bucket to the side at the momment as I am working on a GT185 road bike for a family friend and also am getting our Z50 Honda running

Ivan
5th April 2006, 10:57
:clap: Ok the bike is not complete but it did look like this

Pic 1 before
Pic 2 After

I had it running yesterday as well but had a problem with it the timing was out 1 tooth to much carb blow back but it runs and I found out the CT barrel has a hair line split in it and when the oil pressure builds up it forces its way out must have dropped a cam chain at some stage and blown a hole in it O well I am going to throw the XL125 Barrel in which runs a high comp piston as well as running the ported 200 head with shiny valves:clap:

I am running it in at the momment as well on 2 stroke premix lol lubes the valves and bore seems to be working its ELF 2 stroke which is sticky as shit as well so by today I will have a high compression 4 stroke bucket I wanna see if I can get access to a dyno somewere once it is tuned properly to see my horse power and tune it for low to midrange power.
Anyone else got any mds to perform to the 4 strokes might get my cam reground

Sketchy_Racer
5th April 2006, 15:15
So basically its still a fucked motor?? it wont make crap all power either by the way.

Jesus christ Ivan....

Sketchy_Racer
5th April 2006, 15:16
Oh and whats teh difference in the pics??

the muffler??

My arse could make more of a change to it than that

Ivan
5th April 2006, 18:47
No it is all fixed now the difference is the 200 partsthe exhaust the bead blast finish etc etc

gav
5th April 2006, 22:41
Your not going to leave the pipe like that are you? WTF? Notice you've only got one exhaust stud holding it on, thats hardly going to help.....

Ivan
6th April 2006, 12:55
Yeah I know exhaust needs buildin its only there to help silence it and so I dont drop the Valves got to start it today now that it is all the High comp gear I had it running on it last night but forgot my cam chain tensioner bolt so it leajed oil lifted the tappet cover but think I may have the cam out of aline or something cause its real hard to kick over

Ivan
6th April 2006, 14:18
Ok she runs I just had it running sounds so nice only problem is I put grease around the inlet valve springs and the same on the exhaust the remaining 2 stroke oil which I used to lube the barrel on the initial start up is all mixing together and making a nice cloud of smoke :2thumbsup

I have to put the muffler on now because all the oil andgrease spat out over the back wheel and woulfd cause you to crash I just need to wait and let all the smoke clear which could be ages cause theres so much grease I should take a pic while it is running to show you guys what I mean:lol:

Ivan
6th April 2006, 14:35
Ok hereis a pic of motor running problem is it is producing so much power that it is rattling every bolt lose fuck that scares me I dont want to be riding it and the bars fall of or something it is cool tho I so want to dyno it to see how much power I am producing the revs pick up immediatly once I properly seal theexhaust silence it finish the last enginemounts to hold it in place bolt everything up up and race it I may have to change the chassis it is running in because that frame isnt ment to producethat much power let alone the extras I am gonna do. Just porting the head and tthrowing in a high comp piston

ajturbo
6th April 2006, 15:48
Ok hereis a pic of motor running problem is it is producing so much power

woken up yet???

Sketchy_Racer
6th April 2006, 17:00
Glad i dont own that piece of shit........

Ivan
6th April 2006, 18:18
You helped me build it and it aint to bad is it I think the cam sprocket fall off cause I have droped the cam chain from the top

Sketchy_Racer
6th April 2006, 18:22
and your gonna be a M/C mechanic??? :no:

Ivan
6th April 2006, 18:26
and your gonna be a M/C mechanic??? :no:

Not my fault it droppedfor no reason I did every thing right

gav
6th April 2006, 19:05
Not my fault it droppedfor no reason I did every thing right
:stupid: Well, I'm sure when you're a bike mechanic and tell the customer that when his bike shits itself, I'm sure they'll understand. :doh:
Clearly, you havent done everything right....... Must be all that power its now producing, probably stripped all the teeth off the cam sprocket and snapped the camshaft in half. I'd suggest looking at gear driven cams.

Ivan
6th April 2006, 19:08
Na I dont know shy Cam chain is all good still

Sketchy_Racer
6th April 2006, 19:28
:stupid: Well, I'm sure when you're a bike mechanic and tell the customer that when his bike shits itself, I'm sure they'll understand. :doh:
Clearly, you havent done everything right....... Must be all that power its now producing, probably stripped all the teeth off the cam sprocket and snapped the camshaft in half. I'd suggest looking at gear driven cams.

bah hahahaha!!!

:laugh: :bleh:

Ivan
6th April 2006, 20:51
Yeah Iwas gonna build a Desmo valve system for it

speedpro
6th April 2006, 21:39
Ivan I can see that you are enthusiastic but PLEASE get friendly with someone who knows what they are doing.

Just two examples of "iffy" things you've said or done - putting the exhaust on to stop the valves dropping and putting oil on the bore, even if it was 2-stroke oil, when you assembled the motor. At the most you could put maybe one little drop of oil on the skirt when assembling.

I'm hoping you used new piston circlips when you assembled the motor. I make it a point to destroy old clips when I take them out just in case I get tempted to reuse them. Buy a packet of them, they are cheap, and then there is no excuse. Go get a couple of bottles of different grade Loctite as well, and one of the best buys you could make is a "good" dual signal torque wrench or a "break-back" type. You will never regret it.

Skunk
6th April 2006, 22:20
...problem is it is producing so much power that it is rattling every bolt lose... ...I so want to dyno it to see how much power I am producing... ...finish the last enginemounts to hold it in place bolt everything up... ...I may have to change the chassis it is running in because that frame isnt ment to producethat much power...
:killingme :weird: :whistle: :scratch: :mellow:

Buddha#81
6th April 2006, 22:36
I dont know why you post this shit Ivan you are diggin yourself a large hole with a large shovel.:eek5: :brick: :crazy: I suggest you keep your gob shut go out to the shed and finish the thing and THEN tell us all about it.:drinknsin

gav
6th April 2006, 22:49
Noooo, don't stop, funniest stuff I've read in ages!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
err, and you'll notice I havent updated my bucket building progress as well :whistle:

Ivan
7th April 2006, 10:16
Ok you have to trial things to learn it aint as bad as you guys are making out its quite simple just turns out its finishing thelast odds and sods I havent touched

Ivan
7th April 2006, 10:20
Ivan I can see that you are enthusiastic but PLEASE get friendly with someone who knows what they are doing.

Just two examples of "iffy" things you've said or done - putting the exhaust on to stop the valves dropping and putting oil on the bore, even if it was 2-stroke oil, when you assembled the motor. At the most you could put maybe one little drop of oil on the skirt when assembling.

I'm hoping you used new piston circlips when you assembled the motor. I make it a point to destroy old clips when I take them out just in case I get tempted to reuse them. Buy a packet of them, they are cheap, and then there is no excuse. Go get a couple of bottles of different grade Loctite as well, and one of the best buys you could make is a "good" dual signal torque wrench or a "break-back" type. You will never regret it.

I may not be the flashest at this stuff but I do know if you dont have an exhaust header it causes the valves to drop after awile I was told this by a fewgood mechanics

And I know that alot of guys dont care but when you dont have any money to spend on ya bucket engine you are gonna do everything and the most damage is caused in the initial start up whilst everything is dry think about a dry piston anda dry bore for that first few seconds whilst its dry is gonna start damaging stuff

speedpro
7th April 2006, 11:31
I may not be the flashest at this stuff but I do know if you dont have an exhaust header it causes the valves to drop after awile I was told this by a fewgood mechanics

And I know that alot of guys dont care but when you dont have any money to spend on ya bucket engine you are gonna do everything and the most damage is caused in the initial start up whilst everything is dry think about a dry piston anda dry bore for that first few seconds whilst its dry is gonna start damaging stuff

Re the exhausts and valves - If you are stupid enough to run without an exhaust then you would probably be stupid enough to do (or not do) something that would cause a valve to drop. Running without an exhaust system will not by itself cause a valve to drop. Drag race cars only have short pipes to get the gases to somewhere where they won't set fire to things. Aero engines in light planes typically have exhaust manifolds that get the gas outside the cowling and that's all. A typical fast bucket Honda single motor will occassionally drop valves even with an exhaust system due to the cam required and the revs they have to run at. Things break because of the hammering they get at revs, not because there isn't a bit of pipe bolted on somewhere.

There are lots of theories about assembling motors and how much lubricant to use on assembly. If it's a new piston in a fresh bore on a 4-stroke all the fast guys I know use a drop (or two) of oil on the skirt only of the piston. This includes everything from 125cc Hondas to 8.2L blown methanol motors. By fast I mean current or past NZ champions. I've assembled 4-stroke engines with stock cast pistons through to forged JE pistons and have always done the one drop of oil thing. I have never had anything that even looked like a problem caused by lack of lubrication. Note that this is what I've done, NOT what someone else has told me they think is a good idea.

Ivan
7th April 2006, 12:08
Yeah well we each have our own theorys and what ever works stick with it I have had no problems in my RS125 doing it that way etc

Skunk
7th April 2006, 13:18
Re the exhausts and valves - If you are stupid enough to run without an exhaust then you would probably be stupid enough to do (or not do) something that would cause a valve to drop. Running without an exhaust system will not by itself cause a valve to drop. Drag race cars only have short pipes to get the gases to somewhere where they won't set fire to things. Aero engines in light planes typically have exhaust manifolds that get the gas outside the cowling and that's all. A typical fast bucket Honda single motor will occassionally drop valves even with an exhaust system due to the cam required and the revs they have to run at. Things break because of the hammering they get at revs, not because there isn't a bit of pipe bolted on somewhere.

There are lots of theories about assembling motors and how much lubricant to use on assembly. If it's a new piston in a fresh bore on a 4-stroke all the fast guys I know use a drop (or two) of oil on the skirt only of the piston. This includes everything from 125cc Hondas to 8.2L blown methanol motors. By fast I mean current or past NZ champions. I've assembled 4-stroke engines with stock cast pistons through to forged JE pistons and have always done the one drop of oil thing. I have never had anything that even looked like a problem caused by lack of lubrication. Note that this is what I've done, NOT what someone else has told me they think is a good idea.
Hey Speedpro, I'm one who is reading your advice and listening... and I know you know your shit. Please keep posting it, eh. :niceone:

Ivan
7th April 2006, 14:34
Hey Speedpro, I'm one who is reading your advice and listening... and I know you know your shit. Please keep posting it, eh. :niceone:

Yeah same I'm listening to its good advice but I'm just learning:Playnice:

k14
7th April 2006, 17:54

Geez who do you think you are telling ivan what to do. He's a skilled mechanic, haven't you seen his work? How many years experience do you have? He has atleast 1 at the top level of racing, just leave him to his own devices aye, he knows what he's doing :msn-wink:

Sketchy_Racer
7th April 2006, 21:30
Man this thread is almost worth some good rep....

k14
7th April 2006, 21:46
Man this thread is almost worth some good rep....
Yeah I'm sure Ivan's got plenty of red out of it :violin:

Sketchy_Racer
7th April 2006, 21:51
More likely than not

gav
7th April 2006, 22:50

Yeah, but you don't use grease FFS!! How you think grease is going to go getting pushed through your oil galleries and oil pump etc? :weird: Man, some of this is just common sense, something you sadly seem to be lacking in, especially as you seem to fail to see the error of your ways. You might listen to others, but do you actually hear and comprehend what they tell you? Don't think so.....

gav
7th April 2006, 22:56
Yeah well we each have our own theorys and what ever works stick with it I have had no problems in my RS125 doing it that way etc
Riiigggghhhtttt, this is the same RS125 that finished second in the NZ champs with Jay Lawrence but is now the slowest, with the lowest top speed of any out there!! :tugger:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=257182

ajturbo
8th April 2006, 08:30
Riiigggghhhtttt, this is the same RS125 that finished second in the NZ champs with Jay Lawrence but is now the slowest, with the lowest top speed of any out there!! :tugger:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=257182

he ...managed to over take me into the first corner....
but then again it was the first race i have been in for 10 years...

yes it has been that long since i was in the greymouth street races......where i came.... well i wasn't last!! trev larson was:nya:
i looked back and there he was..hahahahaha

Ivan
8th April 2006, 10:04
he ...managed to over take me into the first corner....
but then again it was the first race i have been in for 10 years...

yes it has been that long since i was in the greymouth street races......where i came.... well i wasn't last!! trev larson was:nya:
i looked back and there he was..hahahahaha

I wasnt at the last round you rode at

Ivan
8th April 2006, 10:11
Yeah, but you don't use grease FFS!! How you think grease is going to go getting pushed through your oil galleries and oil pump etc? :weird: Man, some of this is just common sense, something you sadly seem to be lacking in, especially as you seem to fail to see the error of your ways. You might listen to others, but do you actually hear and comprehend what they tell you? Don't think so.....

nah you aint listening to me I am running proper oil in it and have grease in the valve springs and what happens when grease gets hot it turns to oil and goes away it was just to lube the valve springs cause they seemed dryand were clicking and as for the RS I am saying about oil in the bore so I dont STUFF my Nickosol coat I dont care about lap times either It was only one round and I was having a real shit round I was having trouble with jetting my jet I was gonna use snapped and I had to use another shittier one I wanted to run a 39 tooth sprocket on the back but dad didnt want me using it because It had worn teeth and didnt want to spit a chain during the race and you wernt there to see any of the racing I was battling with Mandy New on the Trisail RS125 she had tons of straight line speed but I could carry more corner speed than her andin the final race I managed to get up the inside of her into turn 1 and I was taking in tons of advice from other riders and one of the guys said I shouldnt have taught you that I had no way to get passed you he was sure that I broke the 1:20's as well so was I and everyone watchin me I had to use a faulty transponder cause myne couldnt be found either

So shut up

Skunk
8th April 2006, 10:38
nah you aint listening to me I am running proper oil in it and have grease in the valve springs and what happens when grease gets hot it turns to oil and goes away it was just to lube the valve springs cause they seemed dryand were clicking and as for the RS I am saying about oil in the bore so I dont STUFF my Nickosol coat I dont care about lap times either It was only one round and I was having a real shit round I was having trouble with jetting my jet I was gonna use snapped and I had to use another shittier one I wanted to run a 39 tooth sprocket on the back but dad didnt want me using it because It had worn teeth and didnt want to spit a chain during the race and you wernt there to see any of the racing I was battling with Mandy New on the Trisail RS125 she had tons of straight line speed but I could carry more corner speed than her andin the final race I managed to get up the inside of her into turn 1 and I was taking in tons of advice from other riders and one of the guys said I shouldnt have taught you that I had no way to get passed you he was sure that I broke the 1:20's as well so was I and everyone watchin me I had to use a faulty transponder cause myne couldnt be found either
Whoa! That's a mighty long sentence.
Could you try breaking it into sentences and add some punctuation please? Maybe a paragraph or two as well?
I can't understand that post... You seem to be saying something but the meaning is lost.

speedpro
8th April 2006, 15:45
Every RS125 ever made has been a 2-stroke. I thought we were discussing a 4-stroke.

speedpro
8th April 2006, 16:00
I think Ivan is OK, afterall he does have an RS125 which is pretty good, and he seems pretty keen if a little misguided. It's all good youthful enthusiastic stuff. It's taken me 20 years of racing/fiddling to fully comprehend that others know more about getting stuff going fast than me. He'll get there. In the meantime it would be nice if everyone was a bit less critical of his efforts and a little more supportive. We'll just need to be a bit more tolerant of his "youthfulness", me included.

An example from my youth which is fairly relevant was an old XL100 which I ported. It was way slower than a standard one, which was lucky considering the brakes and handling. The muffler was suspended by a bit of lockwire to the frame.It's a kinda similar picture to what we have here except that this bike is making lots of power. (oops!)

Ivan
8th April 2006, 20:41
I think Ivan is OK, afterall he does have an RS125 which is pretty good, and he seems pretty keen if a little misguided. It's all good youthful enthusiastic stuff. It's taken me 20 years of racing/fiddling to fully comprehend that others know more about getting stuff going fast than me. He'll get there. In the meantime it would be nice if everyone was a bit less critical of his efforts and a little more supportive. We'll just need to be a bit more tolerant of his "youthfulness", me included.

An example from my youth which is fairly relevant was an old XL100 which I ported. It was way slower than a standard one, which was lucky considering the brakes and handling. The muffler was suspended by a bit of lockwire to the frame.It's a kinda similar picture to what we have here except that this bike is making lots of power. (oops!)

Sweet yeah I know about porting to much an you lose power but standered is restricted you gotta takethose lumps out of the port and then smooth them out, I like what I have dono considering 6 months ago I wouldnt have known what a cam looked like.

Ivan
12th April 2006, 10:31
Hey guys I have to do the ports on my TF100 but that isnt going to be hard have the Dremel kit to get in there and do it just wondering while I have the motor in 2 halvesof there are any other mods that I can do to it in the bottom end I will also make a chamber to suit am looking at an internal roter flywheel real small but like to produce the power real fast the same asthe one on my RS

I have read that if you have a large flywheel on a peaky motor helps smooth down the sudden rush and also produces off the line torque more
and a smaller flywheel allows the power just to kick in straight away

stanko
12th April 2006, 19:24
Hey guys I have to do the ports on my TF100 but that isnt going to be hard have the Dremel kit to get in there and do it just wondering while I have the motor in 2 halvesof there are any other mods that I can do to it in the bottom end

Hey Ivan, before you grind anything, have you got a plan. "Failing to plan is planning to fail" goes the old saying. What are you going to do? Raise the exhaust port ? widen it? how wide? how high? Are you going to do anything to the transfers? Have you got an old barrel to practise on? After all why bugger a good barrel practising. What sort of cutters have you got for the dremel. Will the dremel be able to get where you want to be?

You could match the transfers to the crankcase , check that the base gasket dosent poke into the transfers. Or you could just put it back together standard and live in the knowledge that it wont blow up for a year or two provided you give it a nutritous diet high in vitamin TTS

Buddha#81
12th April 2006, 19:38
Hey guys I have to do the ports on my TF100 but that isnt going to be hard have the Dremel kit to get in there and do it just wondering while I have the motor in 2 halvesof there are any other mods that I can do to it in the bottom end I will also make a chamber to suit am looking at an internal roter flywheel real small but like to produce the power real fast the same asthe one on my RS

I have read that if you have a large flywheel on a peaky motor helps smooth down the sudden rush and also produces off the line torque more
and a smaller flywheel allows the power just to kick in straight away

Fit a dropable flywheel, you will have torque off the line and peaky power once under way and you wont have to carry that heavy flywheel with you:rofl: .

speedpro
12th April 2006, 22:09
Stanko is exactly right. You MUST have a plan about exactly what you want the motor to do and everything you do is to achieve that. Have it all planned before you start. If you go making the ports real big on these motors you will need to feed pistons to it as they will crack all the time. Are you going to raise the whole barrel by fitting a 1mm spacer with a base gasket each side? This gets the transfer ports to more or less where they need to be, depending on a whole lot of other things. There is gains to be made by raising the transfers even more but you need to get the angles right as well, both up into the chamber and across the top of the piston. You will want to drop the bottom of the intake piston ports. Like I said previously I went way down and ended up with 200 degrees of port open time. The exhaust port I raised until it was open for a total of 200 degrees of crank rotation as well but looking back I think it was a bit much, though it did work well. Whatever you do you MUST NOT remove the bridge in the intake port. It provides critical support for the piston. When you drop the intake port down reduce the width of the parts you extend down. This has a couple of advantages - more support for the piston and doesn't increase the cross-section of the port and more than neccessary. You have to plan and measure everything you do. Remember that if you raise the exhaust port too far and drop the barrel to fix it you will be extending the intake timing which could be another problem if you have already got that all ported. Devcon can be used in the intake of course to fix stuffups. There are so many variables you could write a book. You'll need a protractor to put on the end of the crank so you can measure crank angles when the ports open and close. Don't tune for more than 11,000rpm on the TS engine and get some C3 main bearings. I think the best pistons are the RG400 rear cylinder ones, they have thinner rings and are just a nicer piston. As an experiment you can file a bit off the bottom of the piston on the intake side to extend port timing. If it doesn't work a new piston fixes the problem. The chamber will need to be machined as well, and the top of the barrel. Like I said you will need a plan BEFORE you start. You need to measure everything BEFORE you start to make the plan.

speedpro
12th April 2006, 22:16
A few more things - I used to polish the edges of the cutaway under the gudgeon pin on the piston to reduce stress raisers to try and reduce cracking, it seemed to work. I also filed all the little bumps off the top of the piston and then polished it with wet and dry till it was nearly a mirror finish. I had a theory about that and it seemed to work. Once you start taking the squish clearance down to where it should be you will need to dowel the head to the barrel so that the chamber lines up with the bore. It's quite tricky getting it all clocked up for machining but it's got to be done. I think Pete Sales actually made a tool that allowed him to cut the squish with the head bolted to the barrel so it was perfect. Don't make the exhaust port much wider than it already is and don't raise it too much. it'll kill the motor.

Ivan
13th April 2006, 12:49
Sweet,

I am using a copy of Berts barrel

So tired cant eventhink of anything to right

sorry I have to go back and play Moto GP 4 I'm addicted

Bert
13th April 2006, 17:14
Great post Speedpro, that's the info that all of us TF builders need.

Ivan, I'm sure that Barrel was done by PS.
it was off one of Ray Wilsons toys, that was a rocket. so I hope it all go's well.
Don't forget the base spacer. I've got one up here if you need it to copy. or if i find some time over easter I might do it for you.
and
well if you stuff it up, you would have learnt something.
STOP PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES !!!!!!! read a book.

speedpro
13th April 2006, 23:20
Ray Wilson - yeah his bucket went OK, had about 16-17hp I think. Mine made 19.9hp with a big FAT powerband. Just for info!! Not showing of or nothin'.

Ivan
15th April 2006, 10:30
hey first time back on kiwibiker since I am now 125 GP and 250 GP world champion:Punk:, sweet I need to get the right kind ok card to map the barrel you gave me thenstick it in to myne tape it there and feep taking metal off the barrel until they match,

How did you get 19.5 hp

Bert
16th April 2006, 11:30
ok card to map the barrel you gave me thenstick it in to myne tape it there and feep taking metal off the barrel until they match,

Not quite sure what this means but i figure that you are working on your new barrel ? :thud:

How did you get 19.5 hp

build a good zorst, that suits the porting and power range that you want.

speedpro
16th April 2006, 14:58
How did you get 19.5 hp
VERY carefully and over a few years, by feeding pistons to it and working on the crank. Like I said - You have to have a target and a plan that will get you there. EVERYthing must be to achieve that target. I think I had over 140 dyno runs on that motor.

Don't try copying a barrel using tape to transfer the port dimensions, it isn't accurate enough and only takes into account heights, when angles are critical as well. You have to assemble your motor and measure what you have and then mark the height of the ports where you want to take them with all the base gaskets/spacers in place. You rotate the crank to the right place, lock it and then scribe across the top edge of the piston onto the barrel over the ports. Make sure you measure using the piston type you are going to build the motor with as there are minor differences in heights. The only way to do the intake port is trial and error. Take some alloy out, assemble it, measure it, disassemble it, do it over till it's right. You are not going to do a good job in a weekend. It takes me a whole day just to get the combustion chamber shape and the compression right.

The whole exhaust port, because it curves, is going to take a lot of careful work with the dremel and finishing with coarse W&D paper.

A real good thing to do is rebalance the crank as they vibrate real bad. Either side of the big end pin hole in the crank webs is a hole. Press a slug of aluminium into the big hole only on both webs. The differance is amazing. While you have the crank apart put a rod kit in or at least a fresh bigend bearing and thrust washers. The good thing is that all the TS rod kit parts have been superseded by RM parts.

My current MB100 made 22.5rwhp when it was fresh. Again with a BIG FAT powerband, and reliable as anything. Nigel Duff's RG100 makes 27.5rwhp and it's got a HUGE FAT powerband but that has had mega hours spent on it and is very very trick inside.

Ivan
17th April 2006, 20:09
Not quite sure what this means but i figure that you are working on your new barrel ? :thud:

es I am mapping the ports in your cylinder and then basically transfering them over to my cylinder and do some angles for the ports and then I am done:2thumbsup

[/QUOTE] build a good zorst, that suits the porting and power range that you want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would want quite a Snappy power band like my RS125 so I need to ride the thing alot harder.

speedpro
17th April 2006, 20:50
Yeah I would want quite a Snappy power band like my RS125 so I need to ride the thing alot harder.
Orrrrrrr . . . . .

I started writing a reply to this but it seems like there is no point so I erased it.

Sketchy_Racer
17th April 2006, 20:52
just give up speedpro.....

Im sorry but he is beyond help

Ivan
17th April 2006, 21:00
just give up speedpro.....

Im sorry but he is beyond help

SORRY SORRY SORRY that last post was so stupid it makes no sense I am better at explaining something intrue life not writing im illiterate

I ment to say I want a power band were the power range is for about 4000 rpm not straight on but not right through so it reminds me of my RS125 when I ride it but I am planning a deal at the mo will reveal later