PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Prices

sennandy
11th January 2006, 00:28
Hi all

I am moving next month to Auckland Area from Glasgow, Scotland and bringing with me my beloved Ducati 916 Senna III, it will need tyres soon and don't know whether to buy them here in UK before I go or get them there, it all depends on prices, some help would be great. 120front and 190rear. Looking for Pirelli Diablos.

I am also going to be lookin for some people to meet up with when I get there and get some ride outs fun etc. any info most welcome.

Andy

Mooch
11th January 2006, 01:48
Welcome to Kiwi biker, nice bike! Not many Ducati Senna's in NZ. Can't remember what I paid for last set of Diablo’s, but a few bike shop members should sort you out. Auckland wise, KB has a good scene, they all seem to enjoy a loop of Coromandel in the weekends.. There is also a DOCNZ chapter in Auckland as well as IMOC if you want to ride with similar bikes. http://www.bike-italian.co.nz/ http://www.docnz.co.nz/.
Insurance wise , try John Baker insurance for your Ducati , mainstream companies will charge you an arm and a leg.
From Wellington myself, so if you travel down at all later in the year give us a PM

kiwifruit
11th January 2006, 02:27
welcome sennandy :)
i paid $650 for 180 and 120 pirelli diablo corsas
was pretty happy with that deal.... list price is around $500 for the rear, $350 front, as far as i know

sennandy
11th January 2006, 07:38
Thanks guys think I might get them before I come, can get a set for about $500.

I also need a headlight I can get one here for $260 +my old one(which is cracked) stone chip while racing up the Highlands in the summer with a few mates. Wonder what sort of price this would be in NZ.

And insurance costs roughly, sorry for all the questions just don't really want any shocks, is there a ducati shop in Auckland?

Cheers Agian
Andy

Fatjim
11th January 2006, 07:59
Current over phone prices from TSS in Wellington
Front $218.
Rear $275.

Plus fitting.

Arven
11th January 2006, 08:48
I just got some quotes for my R1. Same sizes and everything. 200 front and 320 rear for Diablos Including Fitting etc... Thats at CycleTreads in Auckland (great place). Or same price for Pilot Power's (which is what i'm going with).

Good luck! And Welcome! :)

emaN
11th January 2006, 08:55
Welcome mate...
and definitely get them while you're in the UK!
brought my bike back with me, and wished i'd thrown in a couple of extra sets!
if there's anything that catches your eye over there, get it and throw it in with the bike!
you'll enjoy the biking scene Down-Under...
Mate of mine's got a 916;he lives in Wall, near Newcastle...
Those Highland roads are proper fun! Did a ride thru' Scotland couple yrs back, great ride...
Good luck with everything

Devil
11th January 2006, 09:57
Can confirm $520 from cycletreads for diablo's (that was 120/180 though).
If you grease up to them you might work it to $500.

WRT
11th January 2006, 10:02
Off topic - but thats a nice profile pic Eman, shoulda sent that in for the calendar!

Arven
11th January 2006, 10:45
Can confirm $520 from cycletreads for diablo's (that was 120/180 though).
If you grease up to them you might work it to $500.

Yeah? I must have a nice voice or something, cos they quoted me 470 for a 180 and a 120 for my R6. Tho that was a month back or so. May have had a sale on or something...

But yeah! Somewhere around 500 bucks a set is what you should be looking at...

Devil
11th January 2006, 11:32
Yeah? I must have a nice voice or something, cos they quoted me 470 for a 180 and a 120 for my R6. Tho that was a month back or so. May have had a sale on or something...

But yeah! Somewhere around 500 bucks a set is what you should be looking at...
Yeah. That price was over the phone. I'd expect it to be less if I asked in person. They've been good like that in the past.

sennandy
12th January 2006, 01:07
Thanks guys!

Eman is your pic of the TT? I used to live in Isle of Man for a few years in fact my kids were born there, I love the TT but a shame they are getting sued for someone who got killed in the Manx GP might stop the whole thing now.

Riding the highlands is great no police from Ullapool(or hospitals) up and we were fair going on, I have loads of pics might post a few, my brother had an accident when we were away, he ran up a hill to take pics of us all coming round the corner and fell back down breaking his ribs, lucky his 600rr was not involved, Great Craic.

Hopefully there will be places like that in NZ for fun

MSTRS
12th January 2006, 07:54
.....my brother had an accident when we were away, he ran up a hill to take pics of us all coming round the corner and fell back down breaking his ribs, .....

Hopefully there will be places like that in NZ for fun
Oh yea - plenty of places here to fall down & break your ribs! But for the most fun, ya wanna try motorcycling.:whistle:

DonaldH
12th January 2006, 15:10
Hi all

I am moving next month to Auckland Area from Glasgow, Scotland and bringing with me my beloved Ducati 916 Senna III, it will need tyres soon and don't know whether to buy them here in UK before I go or get them there, it all depends on prices, some help would be great. 120front and 190rear. Looking for Pirelli Diablos.

I am also going to be lookin for some people to meet up with when I get there and get some ride outs fun etc. any info most welcome.

Andy
Welcome to NZ. I'm a Scot via London about 3 years ago. You'll love it, especially the Coromandel - the Highlands with decent weather..!

I use Metzler Racetecs on my GSXR750 - they're great. Try Haldanes MCs very competitive on price.

sennandy
13th January 2006, 21:15
Oh yea - plenty of places here to fall down & break your ribs! But for the most fun, ya wanna try motorcycling.:whistle:

Motorcycling, that sounds dangerous, are the people that do that not all hairy and covered in tatoos?:msn-wink:

sennandy
13th January 2006, 21:17
Welcome to NZ. I'm a Scot via London about 3 years ago. You'll love it, especially the Coromandel - the Highlands with decent weather..!

I use Metzler Racetecs on my GSXR750 - they're great. Try Haldanes MCs very competitive on price.

Great Donald, really looking forward to it and warm good road surfaces with lots of grip and sticky tyres. And hopefully no Rozzers:argh:

sennandy
13th January 2006, 21:32
I like soft compound tyres for a bit of grip but don't know if they would last as long as they do in scotland, due to the weather difference, and heat in the road, so maybe something a little harder wearing may suit, not that I ride like Arron Slight.

quickbuck
13th January 2006, 23:15
That is Aaron Slight.

Anyway, welcome to NZ (when you get here), and I am sure you will love the roads over here (well most of them).

sennandy
14th January 2006, 00:17
That is Aaron Slight.

Anyway, welcome to NZ (when you get here), and I am sure you will love the roads over here (well most of them).

Thank you!

What is an A between friends?:drinknsin

pritch
14th January 2006, 08:54
welcome sennandy :)
list price is around $500 for the rear, $350 front, as far as i know

I went in to one local Pirelli stockist, saw those prices and asked, "You don't seriously expect to sell many at that price do you?"

He came straight back with a price somewhat over half of that, and more or less comparable with Bridgestones etc.

I don't know why they have that silly ticket price, it must scare a lot of people off.

emaN
16th January 2006, 08:50
QUOTE WRT
Off topic - but thats a nice profile pic Eman, shoulda sent that in for the calendar!

Cheers... Tho't about it,but i'd only recently joined KB,and the bags kinda spoilt it too... Have told Buggy I'll try next year!

QUOTE sennandy
Eman is your pic of the TT?

The avatar is Richard Britton (rip) tankin' round Tandragee - unreal stuff!
Re IOM, hoping to go back in 07! will have to check the IOM site re this "suing" biz...that'd suck BIG time!
Dude, if you've got 5mins, check out our pix from IOM 04 at
http://community.webshots.com/user/jontash

kiwifruit
16th January 2006, 17:52
I went in to one local Pirelli stockist, saw those prices and asked, "You don't seriously expect to sell many at that price do you?"

He came straight back with a price somewhat over half of that, and more or less comparable with Bridgestones etc.

I don't know why they have that silly ticket price, it must scare a lot of people off.
:bs:

yeah, i sure wasnt gonna pay that much!!
awesome tyre tho!
heaps better than the non corsa...
it all depends what u want from a tyre.

quickbuck
16th January 2006, 20:58
Thank you!

What is an A between friends?:drinknsin
Just happens to be my name too (The first one that is), and I'm on a creusade to correct everybodys english (Or Hebrew). :msn-wink:

sennandy
17th January 2006, 03:04
[/QUOTE]
The avatar is Richard Britton (rip) tankin' round Tandragee - unreal stuff!
Re IOM, hoping to go back in 07! will have to check the IOM site re this "suing" biz...that'd suck BIG time!
Dude, if you've got 5mins, check out our pix from IOM 04 at
http://community.webshots.com/user/jontash[/QUOTE]

Great link, my house was right at signpost corner great view, we had a few kiwi's in at a BBQ we had one year when Honda sponsored a few and Yer Man(Joey) was also there, I think it was Honda's 50th Birthday or something? I had my own Building company and we sponsored a few racer hence the contact with Honda and my house had a big BBQ and was track side.

My 2 kids are Manx, great place but after 5 years gets a bit incestual. Moved back to Scotland and now 5 years on over to Kiwi land.

I didn't know you guys had road races, this place gets better all the time and so close to Phillip Island(well closer than me, for now). Are the raod races yearly? When and how far from Auckland and everything else lol.:drinknsin

That must have been some trip in 04.

emaN
17th January 2006, 13:24
Great link, my house was right at signpost corner great view

wikkid! all that heavy braking as they come flying up towards ya!
we stayed at Barregaroo (sp?) X-roads, at Cronk Aashen - top spot, great people, real laid back like.. and a great spectating point too!

Ian Lougher came out a bit wide once, while we were sat on the bank @100m down the hill: he was on the back wheel, leaning over the front & to the side, trying to get her down and over.......and all this up on the footpath!!! went flashing past right beneath us....awesome!

yeh, you're right, '04 was a good vintage! some cool trips were had.

NZ road racing is cool, shorter circuits generally, but no love lost!
Paeroa races are coming up in Feb, after that.....the KB trackday is where you wanna be!!

DMNTD
17th January 2006, 14:09
... 120front and 190rear. Looking for Pirelli Diablos.
Just finished pricing up some an hour ago mate...$245 fitted for a 180 and $300 fitted for the 190:spudflip:
If ya can't get them near that price start walking towards the door...amazing the reaction and ya can hear them suddenly finding a discount from left field:stoogie: