PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts

sennandy
12th January 2006, 07:10
I have Termingoni exhausts on my Ducati, will it pass the road test for registration, or willI have to put my old original exhausts on?

What is the general opinion of Loud pipes in NZ?

Andy

TLDV8
12th January 2006, 08:02
I have Termingoni exhausts on my Ducati, will it pass the road test for registration, or willI have to put my old original exhausts on?

Andy

At least bring the original mufflers with you so they can be fitted for testing if needed.
It seems to be a grey area.I was told no louder than the stock system,a full Yoshimura and stock TL1000 system have little in common when it comes to DB's.

vifferman
12th January 2006, 08:20
Depends who does the certification (for compliance, when you come here) and who does the Warrant of Fitness (like your MOT). The regs state the mufflers must be no louder than those originally fitted when new. However, a girl; at work and her husband both had their Harleys fly through compliance, even though they're both fitted with Screamin' Eagle drag pipes. The go who checked them just gave them a cursory look over, didn't even start them. Just said, "Nice bikes!" and wrote the documentation up.
However, I know of other imported bikes that have been pulled up over the stupidest little things, like indicator lenses that don't have the appropriate numbers on them.
So, if you get someone who likes Ducatis, you'll probably have no problems, but a bureaucrat or safety Nazi will make things unpleasant for you, just because he can.

VasalineWarrior
12th January 2006, 08:29
Should be fine mate. You would need to get a proper prat at a VT station for it to fail, as anyone with warm blood flowing in their veins would recognise its a duke and should sound loud+deep. People on harleys with no baffles whatsoever seem to have no problem getting warrants-take it to a bike shop to get it done and they wont blink twice!

sennandy
12th January 2006, 09:42
Thanks for the info, that is great news.:niceone:

Vegan
12th January 2006, 19:41
There should be a 'DOPE BIKE' check box - which negates the need for all other compliance tests.

marty
12th January 2006, 20:27
david at cambridge vtnz is a bike guy - into classic cars/bikes etc. if he sees a shiny well looked after bike, he's pretty happy - my yoshi'd TL flies through (and that sets off car alarms.....)

Drew
15th January 2006, 09:21
There should be a 'DOPE BIKE' check box - which negates the need for all other compliance tests.

Said box must never become reality! My bike will never qualify:no: sob sob.

Stevo
15th January 2006, 18:50

Andy
Every second poxy little Japanese cage under 2 litre has loud pipes here! Couldn't imagine your bike being a problem, BUT I have never been through the process you are to undergo, so what would I know?