PDA

View Full Version : Ducati girls rock

Hitcher
12th January 2006, 07:50
Well done LB on the profile in this morning's DominionPost -- Why I love my motorcycle. It's nice having some positive news in the morning paper!

Sniper
12th January 2006, 07:52
Good work LB and thanks Hitcher for bringing it to our attention :)

Colapop
12th January 2006, 07:57
Well done LB on the profile in this morning's DominionPost -- Why I love my motorcycle. It's nice having some positive news in the morning paper!
What page etc... I haven't sat down a read it proper yet.

WildBoarMouse
12th January 2006, 08:02
Is anyone going to post a link for us northies? :)

skelstar
12th January 2006, 08:08
Awesome LB. Nice long article.

riffer
12th January 2006, 08:34
Good onya Lynda.

Here's the article for our out of town members.

PDF format.

nudemetalz
12th January 2006, 08:56
Great article ay. Good on her !!

emaN
12th January 2006, 09:03
great to read about bikes/bikers in a positive light!

good on ya LB, and thanks riffer for pdf'ing it...

Lucyloo
12th January 2006, 09:06
Great article.
Go Lynda!!!!

Thanks for posting the article Riffer.

Deviant Esq
12th January 2006, 09:06
Rep to that man for the online version! :banana:

Good read, thanks. Nice article. Now there's a fun wife to have! :ride:

Beemer
12th January 2006, 09:58
Nice to see positive stories about motorcyclists, especially female ones. I am glad I'm not the only one who has bikes and a husband but doesn't want kids!

zadok
12th January 2006, 10:10
Great stuff!:2thumbsup

Slingshot
12th January 2006, 10:17
Nice write-up.

I love the bit about the sprocket cover...usually they're plastic!!!:whistle:

jazbug5
12th January 2006, 11:08
Hooray! What a fantastic write up; Lynda is my hero. Plus she is very supportive of new bikers. I met her when I was getting my helmet and gear, and she was sooo helpful: told me about this great biker site, too, where lots of other helpful and intelligent people could be found.
If only I could remember that URL....

PS (And you have to love her outbursts about Wee Willies and us all having met on the internet when in public...)

merv
12th January 2006, 16:06
Now hopefully I'm not repeating a thread here, but at a glance I couldn't see mention of it.

Our LB became a media star today with an article about her and a photo with one of her beloved Monsters in the Dominion Post this morning. Congratulations LB! The cameras never seem to come to catch up with me, so obviously I'm not famous enough even though I know you (but then who doesn't?).

I was off staying and riding in the Wairarapa for 3 days so my luck has it that I have two copies of the pic and story now because I got a paper at the motel this morning and now I'm back home our daily paper is here too!! Yippee!!

merv
12th January 2006, 16:22
Sorry went and posted a story about this again because when I logged on a few mins ago this didn't show up in my unread threads yet I hadn't checked my messages for 4 days. I went back and searched through the forum lists again and found it. Congrats to LB for sure!!

Sniper
12th January 2006, 16:29
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22947

Blackbird
12th January 2006, 16:34
Way to go Lynda! Great, positive article.:Punk:

Hope to meet up with you and Hamish in '06.

Geoff

et al
12th January 2006, 19:03
Good one Lynda.

Beemer
12th January 2006, 22:19
Tut tut Merv, fancy not noticing Hitcher's thread! Must be the anniversary thing messing with your mind!

James Deuce
12th January 2006, 22:26
Oi Jaz, it's not so funny when it's my Wee Willie she's going on about.

Nice positive article. Now don't get nicked for speeding or careless misuse or anything Lynda, you hear?

Holy Roller
12th January 2006, 22:55
Its great to see the media being pro bikes. Anything to help the cause.

Great write up Lynda

flame
13th January 2006, 12:10
Great artical Lynda, really neat to read some positivity back into our motorcycling from the public veiw. And an awsome shot of you and your bike too.

Biff
13th January 2006, 12:49
I can't believe she didn't mention me.

Apart from that - good on ya LB.

phantom
13th January 2006, 13:25
Yeah , read it in a cafe in WangaVegas when I should have been working. Great article, can't remeber reading a positive article about, motorcycling, motorcycles or motorcyclists before. As soon as I started reading about a woman with two Ducatis I thought ""I bet I know who that is even though I have never met you in person Lynda. Good one , made my day:banana:

LB
18th January 2006, 12:13
Thanks for all the positive comments folks. I was down in Timaru at the racing when it came out, but had arranged for the girls at work to courier me down a copy. I'm pretty stoked about it!!

JWALKER
18th January 2006, 14:27
that rocks, :first: