PDA

View Full Version : Head Rebuild and Back Protector...

Two Smoker
17th March 2004, 15:43
Hey guys and gals...

Im wanting a back protector, any suggestions on prices what to look for and where to buy it, also i want the head of my RG rebuilt, whats the estimates on costs and good guys to do it????

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Solarwind
17th March 2004, 15:50
Hey guys and gals...

Im wanting a back protector, any suggestions on prices what to look for and where to buy it, also i want the head of my RG rebuilt, whats the estimates on costs and good guys to do it????

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

http://www.motomail.co.nz have a good selection of back protectors, get them to send you a free catalogue. The main thing to look for is comfort, there's no point buying one if you aren't going to wear it. You can also get armour jackets that have back, chest, shoulder and elbow protection, that go on under your regular jacket. There are longer back protectors meant for one piece suits and racing, down to shorter lower back protectors, as well as armour inserts for jackets (that have pockets built in for them).

Two Smoker
17th March 2004, 15:55
Cheers, ive got a one piece and im plannin g on wearing it pretty much all the time, but i also want to wear it when i have my wet weather gear on... Both my leathers and wet weather gear is armoured...

Hoon
18th March 2004, 10:26
Get a good back protector that goes all the way down and provides tailbone protection for those big falls. The "armour" in most 1 pc suits is really only just padding whereas a back protector takes the impact away from the spine and spreads it across your back.

pete376403
18th March 2004, 12:06
If the RG150 is a two stroke, then there's nothing in the head to be rebuilt.
Clean the carbon out (pot scouring pad) and its done.

Dave
18th March 2004, 15:45
I'll rebuild the head on your RG for $5.00
send it up!