PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

expat bj
18th March 2004, 00:01
Hi,
I'm a expat kiwi now living in the UK, been here for about 3 years.
Have owned a number of bikes over the past 21 years since I got my licence, anything from a honda 50 scooter to and RSV, currenty back on a RF900 as had to sell the RSV to buy a house over here, not cheap, £115000 for a one bedroom flat.
My wife and I go to the World superbikes, Moto GP and british superbikes races in the UK every year plus have been to superbikes in Italy, Moto GP in Spain. Went to the Aprilia world meeting last year and have been to the Duacti factory.
It's good to read all the news from home and keep up with the events.
Keep it up right.
Expat

matthewt
18th March 2004, 00:22
My wife and I go to the World superbikes, Moto GP and british superbikes races in the UK every year plus have been to superbikes in Italy, Moto GP in Spain. Went to the Aprilia world meeting last year and have been to the Duacti factory.

STOP STOP STOP you're killing me !!! Would be great to go to all those events. Been to the Ducati factory, had a great time. World Ducati Weekend would be wild, that event keeps getting bigger every year.

Matt.

wari
18th March 2004, 00:23
Hi,
Have owned a number of bikes over the past 21 years since I got my licence, anything from a honda 50 scooter to and RSV, currenty back on a RF900 as had to sell the RSV to buy a house over here, not cheap, £115000 for a one bedroom flat.
Keep it up right.
Expat

Take note expat ... summer is coming your way ... but then I guess you knew that already.

Anyway welcome .. . :spudwave:

White trash
18th March 2004, 10:54
Welcome, Expat!

Where are you living?

Grumpy
18th March 2004, 23:40
Hi,
Keep it up right.
Expat
You lucky lucky bugger!
Welcome aboard :niceone:

bluninja
19th March 2004, 07:56
Hi,
Keep it up right.
Expat

Wow I didn't realise you could get that much for an RSV....maybe when my RSVR arrives I'll be able to sell it and get a 2 bedroom flat :niceone:
welcome to the board from an ex pat or returning pat, or ex temp kiwi...or whatever I was....oh yes deserter that's it.

TTFN

jimbo600
19th March 2004, 08:46
Hi,
Keep it up right.
Expat

Hey man, I'm an expat Pom living in NZ and the things I miss about the UK is the bike scene. GP's WSB BSB and all that good stuff. And that's about all I miss really. If your out and about check out Boxhill in Surrey on Sundays. Hundreds of bikes turn up there mate.

Cheers

expat bj
19th March 2004, 09:25
Hey man, I'm an expat Pom living in NZ and the things I miss about the UK is the bike scene. GP's WSB BSB and all that good stuff. And that's about all I miss really. If your out and about check out Boxhill in Surrey on Sundays. Hundreds of bikes turn up there mate.

Cheers
I agree with you on the bike scene, 126000 people at Brands is incredable to see but the 5 hour wait to get out is a downer. I have read about boxhill, but the cops are up there all the time now. If some one dosen't like you, you can now lose your bike over it. Where about in Paraparaumu are you as that where I was living till I moved.

expat bj
19th March 2004, 09:27
Welcome, Expat!

Where are you living?

Hi white trash, I live in the town of Watford, it's about 20 miles from London, just inside the M25, the great 120 mile ring road around london, also knowen as the biggest car park.

expat bj
19th March 2004, 09:30
STOP STOP STOP you're killing me !!! Would be great to go to all those events. Been to the Ducati factory, had a great time. World Ducati Weekend would be wild, that event keeps getting bigger every year.

Matt. Hi Matt, did a track day last year at donington, what a track, it was the week before the GP. Hopefully this year I can do another day at donington and also Brands.

White trash
19th March 2004, 15:44

Cheers

Come on, I bet you miss having friends that don't constantly take the piss outta you.

jimbo600
20th March 2004, 08:25
Come on, I bet you miss having friends that don't constantly take the piss outta you.

They did take the piss out of me. That's why I had to give em the bash.