PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all.

Disco Stu
13th January 2006, 12:45
Hey guys and gals.

After years of putting it off, I'm finally getting my A into G and getting by bike licence. I actually stumbled onto this site by accident, but what a worthwhile accident it turned out to be.

The main impetus to finally getting it done is due to losing my job earlier this week (great way to start the year eh?), and I can't afford to keep my car on the corporate lease (goodbye Alfa... sniff)... I figure a bike will be a more economical way to get around.

Look forward to catching y'all, and hopefully get together for a few brews and a ride (different times of course!) in those rare times I'm back in NZ (moved to Melbourne 10 months ago... I miss my L&P and mince & cheese pies!!).

Also if anyone's keen to jump on msn and get their brain picked, I've got a fair few questions... just too lazy at the moment to type them all up. :)

Stu

jazbug5
13th January 2006, 12:56
Velcome... as the Official KB Agent In Melbourne, I suggest we meet below the clock at Flinders Street Station. I'll be the one wearing a trick carnation.

Sniper
13th January 2006, 13:10
Welcome Stu. Have a good time on KB. Post up any questions and we can sure as hell help.

skelstar
13th January 2006, 13:14
Welcome. Was just saying to a mate or two last ngiht that we need a Melb KBer so we have somewhere to crash during the MotoGP ;)

Fatjim
13th January 2006, 13:16
Just like that you got a date.

Come on girls, I'm new here too!:cry::cry:

bugjuice
13th January 2006, 13:16
welcum Disco Stu..
don't forget...... to......

errrr

*damn it, can't think of a rhyme.. stoopid brain*

Sniper
13th January 2006, 13:19
welcum Disco Stu..
don't forget...... to......

errrr

*damn it, can't think of a rhyme.. stoopid brain*

Do the Choo choo? Run around like little boy Blue. Take a nail out of his shoe? There many more, I don't know which to do. :whistle:

**R1**
13th January 2006, 13:25
Just like that you got a date.

Come on girls, I'm new here too!:cry::cry:You should have called your self Buffrichjim

Disco Stu
16th January 2006, 16:53
You should have called your self Buffrichjim

If our names are a reflection of who we are, I better be changing mine... :p

Has anyone ridden the Hyosung GT250R? It looks pretty impressive, and at $6500 new here, certainly seems to be good bang for the buck. http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/GT250R.html

I know the arguments for a noob to buy used as opposed to new, but I'm the sort of person who always likes to buy new where I can... it has been to my detriment in the past and certainly could be here, but ahh well... at least I'm not planning on conquering Phillip Island as soon as I ride away from the store. :innocent:

Swoop
16th January 2006, 17:05
Welcome along!

I just love the username - keep visualising the simpsons caracter!!!

Go the 70's...!!??

:ride:

mstriumph
16th January 2006, 17:55
:corn: thought that was 'disco bob' ?

Snake Rogers
27th January 2006, 11:23
Are you Disco Stu from gameplanet?

Welcome anyway mate, I've had my bike for a couple of months now :).

Wish i had of done it years ago, just watch those dodgey things on 4 wheels.

JWALKER
27th January 2006, 11:24
welcome to the site, man

phoenixgtr
27th January 2006, 11:29
:corn: thought that was 'disco bob' ?

Nope. Thats disco stu. I remember the episode where hes about to hit on Marge then Bart and Lisa shows up and he shuffles away across the room.

Welcome by the way

Disco Stu
27th January 2006, 15:35
Are you Disco Stu from gameplanet?

That'd be me - long time no see Snake! :)
Still trolling GP... MOHAA has disappointingly and unsurprisingly all but died... lack of servers doesn't help, but there's more servers to play on since I played the traitor card and moved to Melbourne.

Did I see you posting a few months back about a net-based racing sim? (Though that might have been Mattly... the heat here is getting to me!!)

Snake Rogers
1st February 2006, 17:37
That'd be me - long time no see Snake! :)
Still trolling GP... MOHAA has disappointingly and unsurprisingly all but died... lack of servers doesn't help, but there's more servers to play on since I played the traitor card and moved to Melbourne.

Did I see you posting a few months back about a net-based racing sim? (Though that might have been Mattly... the heat here is getting to me!!)

My new hobbie is learning to ride now, no time for mohaa :)
You will find these people in here quite helpful.
Mate of mine was saying how bloody hot it's been in melbourne of late 40+

i hang out at www.simcentral.co.nz, hard out into nascar these days:2thumbsup

lookingward to seeing what bike you get and a progress report.